• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Where’s Daniel Britt?

mtgriz said:
Britt’s junior year stats…(senior year wiped out by pandemic)

10-1 as the starting quarterback.
140-181 with 24 TDs and ONE interception.
800 yards rushing.
Nevada State Champions.

The Oregon transfer broke Andrew Luck's records at his Austin high school. He must be awesome.

I’m going to say the quiet part out loud. Some of us think we could catch lightning in a bottle with a blond haired undersized quarterback that led his high school team to a state championship.

mthoopsfan said:
mtgriz said:
Britt’s junior year stats…(senior year wiped out by pandemic)

10-1 as the starting quarterback.
140-181 with 24 TDs and ONE interception.
800 yards rushing.
Nevada State Champions.

The Oregon transfer broke Andrew Luck's records at his Austin high school. He must be awesome.

I agree.

hubcap said:
mthoopsfan said:
Brown has no interceptions in 2022, in 5 games. That's a good stat.

114 yards total offense on Saturday. Is that a good stat? Did the Griz win that game? 114 total yards. Got your knee pads shined up for tomorrow night’s QB Club? You bringing KB with ya? Maybe take him to The Depot afterwards?

Don't forget the listerine - rumor is Bobby's balls taste like excuses and mediocrity.

Watch the game again. How many times are all 11 Weber players within 6 yards of the LOS? Tells me they had 0 concerns that Brown was able to go over the top. How do you run when the entire defense is, de facto, stopping the run? You can’t even run the fly sweep to Malik with any team playing that close.

putter said:
Watch the game again. How many times are all 11 Weber players within 6 yards of the LOS? Tells me they had 0 concerns that Brown was able to go over the top. How do you run when the entire defense is, de facto, stopping the run? You can’t even run the fly sweep to Malik with any team playing that close.

I assume Weber didn't have ever have 11 players within 6 yards of the line.

putter said:

They played man well over 90 percent of the game with one high safety. The problem was two-fold: Griz receivers struggle to get open, and Brown's lack of mobility stunts his ability to throw them open. LJ enhance the latter - when he's on the move, he makes the receivers look much better.

mthoopsfan said:
putter said:

It's a small exaggeration, but not by much. Man defense the whole game, so corners and nickel/safety all at the LOS - not always in the box.

mtgriz said:
I’m going to say the quiet part out loud. Some of us think we could catch lightning in a bottle with a blond haired undersized quarterback that led his high school team to a state championship.

I think the frustration is that Brown just isn't getting it done, as evidenced by the 114 yds on 10-17 (17 passes????). At this point, why not try something new? Someone the other team hasn't game-planned against, someone no one knows anything about, cuz EVERYONE knows what Brown is, and our D cannot continue to carry us.

mthoopsfan said:
putter said:

There were a number of plays where they had 9 guys in the box playing MTM on the two wideouts.

And we’d run the ball.

#15 Fan said:
mtgriz said:

I think the frustration is that Brown just isn't getting it done, as evidenced by the 114 yds on 10-17 (17 passes????). At this point, why not try something new? Someone the other team hasn't game-planned against, someone no one knows anything about, cuz EVERYONE knows what Brown is, and our D cannot continue to carry us.

At least one guy got it. And left another clue. ;)

mthoopsfan said:
AZGrizFan said:
Those last three lines are Brown’s declining performance. He’s actually regressing as a QB under Rosy.

Brown has no interceptions in 2022, in 5 games. That's a good stat.

Congratulations. That might be the only good stat he has.

They couldn’t run the ball against Weber because Weber knew there was no passing threat. If you aren’t going to pass the ball even 10 yards down the field, there’s no reason to play any safeties deep. That’s the sign of a QB who isn’t very good, and a coaching staff who doesn’t trust the QB.

Likely still holding a clipboard this week. If you’re not going to get kids developed for when they’re needed, then you’re not doing it right.

There’s lies, damn lies and statistics.
Statistics are like bikinis. While what they reveal is impressive, what they conceal is even more critical.
Some people use statistics like drunks use lampposts…..
The genesis of these old saws indicate that there must have been a large gray area that didn’t fit the “statistical”model.
It gives some credence to anecdotal appraisal. Like when a football teams’ offense doesn’t pass the “I” test. As in “I” don’t know what the problem is but this dog won’t hunt. When a large enough group of people arrive at the same anecdotal observation it begins to be statistically significant.
A fair amount of people I would guess, have the same feelings. Scheme, talent, personnel, application of same, something isn’t working on offense. It’s not a “just this year”problem.
I’m with #15 fan and MTgriz, give the dog a chance. After we win the ship, Disney can make a movie, what’s the harm.

AZGrizFan said:
mthoopsfan said:

There were a number of plays where they had 9 guys in the box playing MTM on the two wideouts.

And we’d run the ball.

Well, there you have it. 11 isn't 9. I was right.

mthoopsfan said:
AZGrizFan said:

And we’d run the ball.

Well, there you have it. 11 isn't 9. I was right.

No, you would be incorrect. 9 guys in the box, the other two playing press man coverage. All 11 within 4-5 yards of the LOS.

#15 Fan said:
mtgriz said:

Actually 114 yards was total yards. He only passed for 72 yards. Don’t sugar coat the stats. 🤪

The 7 in the box all 11 near the LOS isn’t a knock on the gris it’s how WSU plays defense. They have the best secondary In the country and want you to prove they don’t. They win man coverage a lot. Allows for extra guys in the box. They want teams to pass on them. Jay Hill has built an excellent defense in Ogden, primarily with their secondary. Been that way for years.

CatsRback said:
The 7 in the box all 11 near the LOS isn’t a knock on the gris it’s how WSU plays defense. They have the best secondary In the country and want you to prove they don’t. They win man coverage a lot. Allows for extra guys in the box. They want teams to pass on them. Jay Hill has built an excellent defense in Ogden, primarily with their secondary. Been that way for years.

Sac did it too. At least to us once Brown came in.

AZGrizFan said:
CatsRback said:

Sac did it too. At least to us once Brown came in.

Sac isn’t WSU. I’m sure it helps because maybe brown isn’t the greatest. But WSU will do that against sac next week too. That’s just how they run their defense. If your QB1 was still in, they’d still have done the same thing.

Back