• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

You Wanna Talk Football???

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
I call BS on your post. I said first teamers, not leading tacklers. The Missoulian said Brown was playing against first and second teamers. I don't believe you on leading tacklers either. Let's see your proof. I have said twice that Brown looked good. Is it your reading or your memory that is the problem? Humphrey showed he is the better qb and will start next week. Ask Grady Bennett what he thinks.

Does the phrase never played the game and doesn't understand the game mean anything to you?

Have never died on a hill on egriz. Are you still guaranteeing Stitt will be renewed?

Discussing something with you is like discussing something with a woman. When their point sucks, they bring up shit from 3 years ago. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You've said twice Brown looked good? Let's see YOUR proof. MY proof is in the play by play box score.

Don't you just love how the phrase, "you never played the game" is thrown around, when his hero Bobby Hauck never played the game. The irony should not escape anyone.

Cudos to all of the posters in this thread talking football, including some comments from posters who rarely post. Outside of the typical thread hi-jackers, there has been some good football discussions here. Keep poster, guys. We can return egriz to a football board yet.

kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
Discussing something with you is like discussing something with a woman. When their point sucks, they bring up shit from 3 years ago. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You've said twice Brown looked good? Let's see YOUR proof. MY proof is in the play by play box score.
Brown looked good. He did not look better than Cam who had to deal with bad swirling wind in the first half. Cam was Sneed-like running for first downs when we needed them. I was there; were you? Or must you continue your couch overanalysis of this minute sample size?

Not trying to pick a fight, I was at the game and both QBs had equal playing field, weather wise. Not expecting depth chart change on one game. Both are are good QBs more of a 1 and 1A as per performance against CWU. I was surprised how close Brown was to Cam performance wise. Brown had better accuracy than Cam, but Cam had the pressure of fresh defense to start game. Many posters taking pot shots at each other and there is truth from both sides. Many posters are mid season form in slinging mud at each other. I guess that's why I like checking in once in a while and catch up on the bad blood and talk a little football.

kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:

Brown looked good. He did not look better than Cam who had to deal with bad swirling wind in the first half. Cam was Sneed-like running for first downs when we needed them. I was there; were you? Or must you continue your couch overanalysis of this minute sample size?

I was not there. Had the benefit of multiple camera angles and replays, as well as hearing the commentators' opinions. Not sure what that has to do with anything. I watched the entire game--Brown looked better to me, for a variety of reasons. Not sure why/how that equates to "over analysis".

hunt-ducks said:
AZGrizFan said:
I love it when a dipshit hijacks his own f###[#] thread.

Nice work, Einstein. :lol: :lol:

What is even more hilarious is when a poster knows that many other posters are calling his shit for being a dick wad and ruining a board with his self-righteous condescending B.S. towards other posters.

Classic butt-picking Projection
~Congrats Lil' stevie~

Projection (Psychological)

1) An unconscious self-defence mechanism characterised by a person unconsciously attributing their own issues onto someone or something else as a form of delusion and denial.

2) A way to blame others for your own negative thoughts by repressing them and then attributing them to someone else. Due to the sorrowful nature of delusion and denial it is very difficult for the target to be able to clarify the reality of the situation.

3) A way to transfer guilt for your own thoughts, emotions and actions onto another as a way of not admitting your guilt to yourself.
Projection (Psychological)

1) Believing that someone else does not like you when it is indeed you that does not like them. By projecting this onto another you ascribe the negativity of the thoughts/feelings onto them so your ego does not have to admit the deficiency of your own thought processes.

2) A person in a relationship meets someone else out of spite for their partner and then forms an attachment to the person they have met; they then accuse their partner of infidelity (or at least considering the idea) so that they do not have to admit to themselves or anyone else that they have already cheated in their own mind.

3) Repeatedly attacking someone with the ideas that they are: Cold, Arrogant, Selfish, Anti-social and Negative as a way of not admitting to yourself that these appear to be some of your most dominant traits.

4) Telling someone who is clearly in love with you that they are “unworthy of your love”. When in reality you have doubts within yourself that you are worthy of any love and due to this will attack and destroy any true love that exists towards and/or within you.

hunt-ducks said:
Ursa Major said:
You know what I think is foolish and childish?

Someone who watches ONE spring game and thinks he can predict the starting lineup 5 months before the first football game. You must know a lot more than the coaching staff.

Another thing that I think that is foolish and childish is being whipsawed by Steve Dill into a phony argument. This happens EVERY spring, dipshit goes to one practice, creates a new e-Griz persona, and throws out inflammatory and false information to garner attention. It’s usually the opposite of what other posters, especially PR, are saying.

Say what you will about PR but the guy goes to a lot of practices, has an eye for talent and has a good understanding of college football. He is far and away a much more sound resource for Griz personnel than Steve Dill. This is based on years of observations and reading many of their posts.

By all means, please continue to volunteer ignorance off of our 1 game of exposure to this Griz squad and never mind the rest of spring ball, the summer ahead and fall camp.

As Helena pointed out, this is not a controversy. Steve Dill just wants the attention you’re giving him. It saves him the time of creating new fake accounts to do the same.

Nice to know I still live in your head, rent-free. You have never posted anything of significance about Griz football in years. You wait in the wings to bless us with another of your amateur comedic B.S. You are one of the chief ass hats who ruin any semblance of discussing football. My suggestion is to initiate a Facebook group where you can entertain your minions with your self-aggrandizing entries, and leave egriz to those of us who want to discuss football. Just for your information, I have not attended a Griz football practice in three years.

Continue to fellate your hero PR. If you play nice, perhaps he will invite you to the lake house with Cam. My guess is that you've already been there multiple times.

So this is how you promote football talk? Sounds more like 3rd graders out on the playground.

kemajic said:
Here's my observations from 3 rows behind the Griz bench. Some same; some different.

I saw a player in sweats on the sidelines that may have been Knight. Walking OK, no evidence of big stuff on a knee or walking aids. Maybe just a sprain…. The only thing BH has said is that he’s “banged up.” Having him at 100% critical to this fall in my mind. Little Harris could never weather a full year and after him we suck.

walking around without a brace doesn't mean his acl isn't torn. there are a lot of people who get by just fine without an acl. when I tore mine i even ran long distance without even a brace, and let's just say i've had a lot of knee surgery previously, and mine are... unique. i got it fixed after finally getting tired of the thing 'going out' frequently, usually when i was just standing around. having said that, a college football player will need one sooner or later, although you might remember josh paffhausen (sp?) from the ah yat days played a game or three without getting surgery for his torn acl, albeit in a brace.

hunt-ducks said:
Ursa Major said:
You know what I think is foolish and childish?

Someone who watches ONE spring game and thinks he can predict the starting lineup 5 months before the first football game. You must know a lot more than the coaching staff.

Another thing that I think that is foolish and childish is being whipsawed by Steve Dill into a phony argument. This happens EVERY spring, dipshit goes to one practice, creates a new e-Griz persona, and throws out inflammatory and false information to garner attention. It’s usually the opposite of what other posters, especially PR, are saying.

Say what you will about PR but the guy goes to a lot of practices, has an eye for talent and has a good understanding of college football. He is far and away a much more sound resource for Griz personnel than Steve Dill. This is based on years of observations and reading many of their posts.

By all means, please continue to volunteer ignorance off of our 1 game of exposure to this Griz squad and never mind the rest of spring ball, the summer ahead and fall camp.

As Helena pointed out, this is not a controversy. Steve Dill just wants the attention you’re giving him. It saves him the time of creating new fake accounts to do the same.

Nice to know I still live in your head, rent-free. You have never posted anything of significance about Griz football in years. You wait in the wings to bless us with another of your amateur comedic B.S. You are one of the chief ass hats who ruin any semblance of discussing football. My suggestion is to initiate a Facebook group where you can entertain your minions with your self-aggrandizing entries, and leave egriz to those of us who want to discuss football. Just for your information, I have not attended a Griz football practice in three years.

Continue to fellate your hero PR. If you play nice, perhaps he will invite you to the lake house with Cam. My guess is that you've already been there multiple times.

Steve,

The only place you live is in a run-down retirement community in Arizona where you are universally reviled by your neighbors, your wife and your dog.

AZGrizFan said:
Not sure why/how that equates to "over analysis".
It equates because of sample size. Can't determine the slope of a line from one data point.

kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
Not sure why/how that equates to "over analysis".
It equates because of sample size. Can't determine the slope of a line from one data point.

Agreed. Hence why I've stated I thought Brown looked better on Saturday. Haven't said he's the better QB. Haven't said he should be starting, or that Cam should be benched. Brown looked better. It's ok to admit Brown looked better, and still believe in Cam as the starter. Both things can be true.

AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:

Agreed. Hence why I've stated I thought Brown looked better on Saturday. Haven't said he's the better QB. Haven't said he should be starting, or that Cam should be benched. Brown looked better. It's ok to admit Brown looked better, and still believe in Cam as the starter. Both things can be true.

If you think completing 6 passes to mostly wide open receivers, and running the ball once, late in a game when the team has a huge lead, is looking better than the starting QB who played almost 3 quarters and built the big lead, go for it. Put in your avatar. You can say I thought brown looked good too.

Ursa Major said:
hunt-ducks said:

Steve,

The only place you live is in a run-down retirement community in Arizona where you are universally reviled by your neighbors, your wife and your dog.

:lol:

EverettGriz said:
Ursa Major said:
Steve,

:lol:
He must be living in my head. I can no longer handle pickles on my burger.

To the football posters in this thread...... just ignore these dip sticks hi-jacking yet another attempt to talk football. One knucklehead makes a pseudo-funny attempt at humor, followed by the other predictable minions slapping him on the back for being so funny. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. These idiots couldn't talk flatulence in a bean factory, let alone football.

I am surprise however at Kemajic. He used to talk football, and actually is one of the few who played the game. Either senility has set-in with him, or he made one too many trips with Cam to the lake house.

hunt-ducks said:
To the football posters in this thread...... just ignore these dip sticks hi-jacking yet another attempt to talk football. One knucklehead makes a pseudo-funny attempt at humor, followed by the other predictable minions slapping him on the back for being so funny. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. These idiots couldn't talk flatulence in a bean factory, let alone football.

I am surprise however at Kemajic. He used to talk football, and actually is one of the few who played the game. Either senility has set-in with him, or he made one too many trips with Cam to the lake house.
I'm in decline, for sure.

hunt-ducks said:

A guy growls (see what I did there?) about non-football posts in a post that literally has no football mention.

Ducks, I actually agreed with some of your football posts. Or, actually, you agreed with my sentiments about some things. But, if you just talked football and left out the pissin' contest, you would have a lot more credibility. Not everyone has a ten to twenty year posting history, so many won't know some of the more colorful events of yesteryear.
One question: Did you actually get get band on MaroonBlood? Only visited the site a couple times, so I did not keep up with the day to day events. Last time I checked, you and Alpha were at each others throats, about what I don't recall.

EverettGriz said:
hunt-ducks said:

A guy growls (see what I did there?) about non-football posts in a post that literally has no football mention.

Just trying to run you hi-jackers out of my thread. If you don't wanna talk football, then stay in your insightful threads, like "white smoke". No egriz poster should ever need a sleeping aid again, just move to the edge of the bed, and read Everett's "white post" thread..... and you'll fall-off in no time.

I'll be talking football after our game Saturday. In the mean time, you 14-hour participants can stay and entertain yourselves par normal.

tourist said:
Ducks, I actually agreed with some of your football posts. Or, actually, you agreed with my sentiments about some things. But, if you just talked football and left out the pissin' contest, you would have a lot more credibility. Not everyone has a ten to twenty year posting history, so many won't know some of the more colorful events of yesteryear.
One question: Did you actually get get band on MaroonBlood? Only visited the site a couple times, so I did not keep up with the day to day events. Last time I checked, you and Alpha were at each others throats, about what I don't recall.

Why do you feel the need to make posts like this? I ask you this....... who initiated a pissing contest, me, or several other posters? If you are honest, you will admit the answer. I made a prediction about our QB situation which was deemed blasphemous by "the club". I find it revealing that, after all of the heat I received for daring to say that Cam was not the answer, and that Brown would be the eventual starter this season, so many in "the club" are back-pedaling to jump on the Brown bandwagon. Need I say more?

I frankly don't give a fcuk about who likes me, or respects my football knowledge. I think that these invertebrates who love to put my name in their posts, but don't have the balls to provide their names when asked to do so, are pathetic keyboard jockeys. My base of friends and acquaintances who know football extends way beyond the state of Montana. I am friends with several retired FCS and FBS football coaches, as well as a 20-year NFL scout (recently retired). And yes, I think I am much more knowledgeable about the game than most who post here. That is why I have no problem making prospective predictions and observations about the team, or players on the team. I am willing to take the heat if wrong, but honestly I challenge any poster to tell the board where I have been wrong in the past. I was the first egriz poster to state from watching fall practice, that Peter Nuygen would be our starting RB before he ever took a college snap. I also stated during fall practice that Jordy Johnson, as a true freshman, was the best QB on the team, even when Roper was the projected starter. I also posted that JonTalmage would be a great WR for the Griz, from watching him in fall practice as a true freshman only 3 months out of high school. Brock Coyle was a part-time player on the depth chart, before he lost a season to injury. I posted while he was recovering that he would be an All-Big Sky LB, with NFL potential. This was before he even was a first-teamer. I could go on. I chuckle at a couple of prominent posters who bloviate about all of the Griz "insiders" they know, like that gives a clue about the game of football.

I stand by my football knowledge, and ability to evaluate talent. Not blowing my own horn, but I am the popular target of these pin headed football pretenders, who merely state the obvious, or rely on the hype to make their points about the team. If some of the regulars on this board get their panties in a wad over my "non-politically-correct" football observations, so be it.

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

If you think completing 6 passes to mostly wide open receivers, and running the ball once, late in a game when the team has a huge lead, is looking better than the starting QB who played almost 3 quarters and built the big lead, go for it. Put in your avatar. You can say I thought brown looked good too.

Yes, I believe that. He didn't throw any passes into the dirt 10 feet in front of his receivers. He didn't sail any passes 8 feet over any receivers heads. He didn't throw any passes into triple coverage (hence, the "wide open receivers"). Cam did all those things. And Brown looked, quick, agile and sneaky fast on his run to the pylon. It's the first time I've seen him in game action and I was impressed (despite the small sample size). Looking for more on Saturday and hoping he can get some playing time.

Latest posts

Back