• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2015 Season Predictions

BWahlberg said:
Too many unknowns, need to see how the team looks in fall camp. At this point I would surmise that the defense will be better than expectations and the offense will be slow out the gate.

Kind of a wild guess here.

North Dakota State L
Cal Poly W
Liberty L
Northern Arizona W
UC Davis W
Weber State W
North Dakota W
Portland State W
Idaho State W
Eastern Washington W
Montana State L

That's 8-3... I could also see a loss to Poly or ISU or even an Adams-less EWU.

As for standouts

Offense: John Nguyen
Defense: Manu Rassmussen

Brint, I think you are the star of this board. Your analysis is great and like you, I am a maroon colored glass wearer. But if I ever see you predict a loss to the Cats again, I will come to Missoula and punch you right in the throat. You are better than this. :D

Also no way does a school I got a science degree from lose to a "university" that teaches creationism. Griz over Liberty by 17

With the skill players we have on offense and the linebackers we have on defense this could turn out to be a very good season. The big unknown.....offensive line. If they can gel and get on the same page this will be a great season(I'm thinking they will). 9-2 with one conference loss and a loss to ndsu. I think we'll be that good :thumb:

Offensive stand out........Henderson
Defensive stand out.......Holmes

SaskGriz said:
Brint, I think you are the star of this board. Your analysis is great and like you, I am a maroon colored glass wearer. But if I ever see you predict a loss to the Cats again, I will come to Missoula and punch you right in the throat. You are better than this. :D

I second this.
WTF Brint?! :wtf: :bad: :-x :-o

Could be the high-dosage of antibiotics I'm on, haha.

I'm taking this from the perspective of what we saw this spring and a lot of factors that Griz fans are kind of glossing over:

1. New head coach with new system. 2003 for Hauck / 2010 for Pflu / 2012 for Mick. All bumpy patches... side note as well... all losses to MSU...

2. The change in the offense. This is a fairly large overhaul, we've jettisoned or moved some players who were very good blocking FB's & TE's that allowed for a better run game. We're dropping this all on a new QB and now relying on transfers and new freshman to presumably plug a few gaps in the passing game. That's putting a TON of weight on the offense to produce immediately.

3. Until I see what they look like I'm still haunted by the "road Griz" that we've seen for quite some time now. Stitt talks the talk and plans to focus on execution and improvement but I just worry that he'll be heavily relying on most starters who have been part of the "Road Griz" teams of recent years that have had failure in executing during games as well as they do at home. That gives me concern about the games @Liberty, @ISU, and @MSU... all ranked teams from last year.

4. Taking the maroon shades off for just a minute... MSU could be a very very good football team this year. Prukop will probably open as the pre-season MVP/1st team QB. They have a great running game and will presumably be a little to a lot less of a dumpster fire on defense. Road Griz, new system, new coach, new QB vs home cats, same system, same coach, same QB... that's where I think if you objectively look at it right now... the cats are favored there. That's not to say they'll crap the bed like they usually do, but lets see how the seasons go for each team.

AZGrizFan said:
Why is everyone in love with Liberty?

Because they're a damn solid team. They had a couple lapses last year, but they won 9 games including W's over App State, James Madison, and Coastal Carolina (Remember them?). Lost to Villanova by a score in the 2nd round. You have to play them at home, and it's going to take a while for your revamped offense to be firing on all cylinders, if it ever does.

Defense is going to be the downfall of the cats. Throw them a few transfers and they promote a linebackers coach to DC and all of a sudden they are RECHARGED and a whole new unit .... yeah ok. They lost nine of those lousy starters, we will walk through them again, plus we can count on them to give us the ball quite a bit.

New QB and a new system will produce few significant bumps in the road, but Brady was a stud in HS and has been working his butt off these last few years. By November he will be settled in and I'm betting playing very well, certainly well enough to make the cats' defense look as bad or worse than they did last year. I also think that our position coaches on this staff are MUCH better than the ones on the last staff, that will make a difference.

grizcountry420 said:
How many returning starters from Liberty are back?

Going off their fan site posts:

http://www.libertyflamesnation.com/2015-football-preview-defense/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.libertyflamesnation.com/2015-football-preview-offense/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Defense: returns 5 starters, all new LB corps
Offense: returns 7 starters, QB/RB/2WRs return from last season

BWahlberg said:
grizcountry420 said:

http://www.libertyflamesnation.com/2015-football-preview-defense/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.libertyflamesnation.com/2015-football-preview-offense/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks BW!!

:thumb:

BWahlberg said:
grizcountry420 said:

In other words, this is NOT last year's Liberty team as drooled over by poorgriz. :roll: :roll: :roll:

PlayerRep said:
I just don't want to be 0-3 or 0-4 at the start of the season. Hope the offense gels quickly, the qb starts out strong, the o-line is improved from last year, and all of the top receivers are on the field.

:agree:

nzone said:
With the skill players we have on offense and the linebackers we have on defense this could turn out to be a very good season. The big unknown.....offensive line. If they can gel and get on the same page this will be a great season(I'm thinking they will). 9-2 with one conference loss and a loss to ndsu. I think we'll be that good :thumb:

Offensive stand out........Henderson
Defensive stand out.......Holmes

:agree: Well said.

I believe the season will have ups and downs. I believe there will be a lot of surprises. I believe we will win as many games as we do, and I also believe we will lose as many as we do. The main thing is, I believe!

I'm declaring right now that the Griz will beat msu on the road. I know both teams as well as any fan, and the Griz are more talented than msu, period. Every year I break down every single game, at every position, in slow-slow-motion (for both msu and the Griz). I'm a football junkie, I need help. I'll be up till 4 am doing this shit. For other college games as well. I'll put my reptuation on a Griz W. Mark it down. They don't call me IntuitiveGriz for nothing. :twocents:

By the way, the Cat defense hasn't impressed me at all this past spring. But they are bringing in a couple more transfers, hopefully they will tackle better and cover better. :?

BWahlberg said:
Kind of a wild guess here.

North Dakota State L
Cal Poly W
Liberty L
Northern Arizona W
UC Davis W
Weber State W
North Dakota W
Portland State W
Idaho State W
Eastern Washington W
Montana State L

:| :eek: :? :( :x :|

Brint, your Griz record prediction has set me back. I've worked my way through each stage of the grieving process and am now back to neutral. Many thanks to you and Obama for ruining my morning/early afternoon! :p :p :p

Back