• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2015 Season Predictions

BWahlberg said:
Could be the high-dosage of antibiotics I'm on, haha.

I'm taking this from the perspective of what we saw this spring and a lot of factors that Griz fans are kind of glossing over:

1. New head coach with new system. 2003 for Hauck / 2010 for Pflu / 2012 for Mick. All bumpy patches... side note as well... all losses to MSU...

2. The change in the offense. This is a fairly large overhaul, we've jettisoned or moved some players who were very good blocking FB's & TE's that allowed for a better run game. We're dropping this all on a new QB and now relying on transfers and new freshman to presumably plug a few gaps in the passing game. That's putting a TON of weight on the offense to produce immediately.

3. Until I see what they look like I'm still haunted by the "road Griz" that we've seen for quite some time now. Stitt talks the talk and plans to focus on execution and improvement but I just worry that he'll be heavily relying on most starters who have been part of the "Road Griz" teams of recent years that have had failure in executing during games as well as they do at home. That gives me concern about the games @Liberty, @ISU, and @MSU... all ranked teams from last year.

4. Taking the maroon shades off for just a minute... MSU could be a very very good football team this year. Prukop will probably open as the pre-season MVP/1st team QB. They have a great running game and will presumably be a little to a lot less of a dumpster fire on defense. Road Griz, new system, new coach, new QB vs home cats, same system, same coach, same QB... that's where I think if you objectively look at it right now... the cats are favored there. That's not to say they'll crap the bed like they usually do, but lets see how the seasons go for each team.

#5. we beat cats, it's just what we do...

IntuitiveGriz said:
nzone said:
With the skill players we have on offense and the linebackers we have on defense this could turn out to be a very good season. The big unknown.....offensive line. If they can gel and get on the same page this will be a great season(I'm thinking they will). 9-2 with one conference loss and a loss to ndsu. I think we'll be that good :thumb:

Offensive stand out........Henderson
Defensive stand out.......Holmes

:agree: Well said.

Yep. Offensive line - better. Receivers - better. Offensive scheme - miles better. Head coach - better. Linebackers - better. Secondary - better. Question marks at RB and QB (admittedly two big question marks)....other than that, I think we're in good position.

BWahlberg said:

I'm taking this from the perspective of what we saw this spring and a lot of factors that Griz fans are kind of glossing over:

1. New head coach with new system. 2003 for Hauck / 2010 for Pflu / 2012 for Mick. All bumpy patches... side note as well... all losses to MSU...

2. The change in the offense. This is a fairly large overhaul, we've jettisoned or moved some players who were very good blocking FB's & TE's that allowed for a better run game. We're dropping this all on a new QB and now relying on transfers and new freshman to presumably plug a few gaps in the passing game. That's putting a TON of weight on the offense to produce immediately.

3. Until I see what they look like I'm still haunted by the "road Griz" that we've seen for quite some time now. Stitt talks the talk and plans to focus on execution and improvement but I just worry that he'll be heavily relying on most starters who have been part of the "Road Griz" teams of recent years that have had failure in executing during games as well as they do at home. That gives me concern about the games @Liberty, @ISU, and @MSU... all ranked teams from last year.

4. Taking the maroon shades off for just a minute... MSU could be a very very good football team this year. Prukop will probably open as the pre-season MVP/1st team QB. They have a great running game and will presumably be a little to a lot less of a dumpster fire on defense. Road Griz, new system, new coach, new QB vs home cats, same system, same coach, same QB... that's where I think if you objectively look at it right now... the cats are favored there. That's not to say they'll crap the bed like they usually do, but lets see how the seasons go for each team.

Unless our defense suddenly got crappy, the offense in spring moved the ball much better than the offense did last spring under a familar offensive scheme and a less familar DC. The fact that our offense (and Brady) had success this year against our defense says alot. Also, serious question, you mention the "home cats...away Griz"...what home field advantage do the Cats actually have against us? When's the last time they beat us at their house? I can't even remember...We seem to thump them pretty good in Bozeman. It's not just bad cat luck...we generally have more talent than them, and the results are pretty consistent...I have won alot of money betting on Griz-cat games.

Also, I don't think we're really relying on many freshmen at all; a couple will be needed to provide depth, despite the fact that Stitt wants ten receivers with no drop off, that's him shooting for the stars. Our wide receiving talent is actually very good. I'm not seeing this huge offensive obstacle that some are. Our running game was better this spring than last because our o-line is better and they're are better coached, imo. I'm very glad we got rid of using a non-running fullback all of the time. It's just one less threat for the D.

Alaska Griz said:
BWahlberg said:

Unless our defense suddenly got crappy, the offense in spring moved the ball much better than the offense did last spring under a familar offensive scheme and a less familar DC. The fact that our offense (and Brady) had success this year against our defense says alot. Also, serious question, you mention the "home cats...away Griz"...what home field advantage do the Cats actually have against us? When's the last time they beat us at their house? I can't even remember...We seem to thump them pretty good in Bozeman. It's not just bad cat luck...we generally have more talent than them, and the results are pretty consistent...I have won alot of money betting on Griz-cat games.

Also, I don't think we're really relying on many freshmen at all; a couple will be needed to provide depth, despite the fact that Stitt wants ten receivers with no drop off, that's him shooting for the stars. Our wide receiving talent is actually very good. I'm not seeing this huge offensive obstacle that some are. Our running game was better this spring than last because our o-line is better and they're are better coached, imo. I'm very glad we got rid of using a non-running fullback all of the time. It's just one less threat for the D.

Last time they beat us in their house was quite some time, yes... however using that as a metric for future performance doesn't mean too much to me. Lets see... I think it was 2005 and then 2003.

I think the home advantage the 2015 cats have is a team with far more consistency and continuity than this Griz team has at this point. That could change for sure, it's a long season. I just feel that at this point the Griz need to show way more and get the season rolling for me to feel that the Griz would be favored at this point.

I mean... the polls have the cats ahead of us. I'll bet the coaches and media votes this summer will do the same too.

This season carries a ton of unknowns, and yes I do expect the usual cat collapse but at this point... I'll give them the nod.

BWahlberg said:
Alaska Griz said:
BWahlberg said:

Last time they beat us in their house was quite some time, yes... however using that as a metric for future performance doesn't mean too much to me. Lets see... I think it was 2005 and then 2003.

I think the home advantage the 2015 cats have is a team with far more consistency and continuity than this Griz team has at this point. That could change for sure, it's a long season. I just feel that at this point the Griz need to show way more and get the season rolling for me to feel that the Griz would be favored at this point.

I mean... the polls have the cats ahead of us. I'll bet the coaches and media votes this summer will do the same too.

This season carries a ton of unknowns, and yes I do expect the usual cat collapse but at this point... I'll give them the nod.

Don't forget the Cats lost 2 pretty good coaches. 1 of them very good, IMO.
They might move along just fine, but it could be interesting come fall on how that plays out.

BWahlberg said:
Alaska Griz said:
BWahlberg said:

I agree with your point about too many "unknowns" for the Griz to make you feel totally confident at this point. Plus, a couple of losses to start the season will certainly have egrizers panicking for sure. But remember, you are talking about MSU here. In 2015, MSU has to deal with their own "unknown issues" and their confidence has to be at a low point after last year's collapse. Yes the Griz might start slow while they integrate the new offense. But remember, this is the BSC. Plus VA has moved on. The ISU OB has moved on. To me, Eastern responding to life without VA is the premier story of the BSC in 2015. It's bigger than the Griz breaking in a new head coach IMO. The BSC title chase should be pretty "wide open" this season. There should be some optimism in Griz nation about the chances of a return to conference front runner. Will the Griz rise to the occasion? We'll see.....

These are not normal times.
Almost all of you are using old fashioned backward information that is the norm.
But this is NOT normal concerning the predictions of the new Griz team for 2015!
The new offensive "Stitt System" is by far the slickest impressive-progressive design Montana has had since Read! Fast and furious to say the least! The Montana "sneak" will catch teams sleeping using the "old style" type of football to defend this new format.
Griz defense will be far better because Gregorak will finally be able to put a solid new style of play to foil the offensive charge of opposing teams. Ty has been held back by the OLD style defensive play as put in by old coach Delaney. No more old sit back and let them come to us. Now it will be blitz-blitz and get after the opposing ball. Period! Gamble! But we will shut other teams down and get our offense back on the field. Our defense will be sharper and better rested to get AFTER the opposite team's offense.

We will wear them down all season long. Many of you are seeing our old stodgy team and predicting our future based on that observation. You are dead wrong. In a few months you will see a new light without drinking Kool-Aid. Most of you will jump on the Griz band wagon as we go down the line. We will upset teams we never thought we could beat...

Whitted on defense and Logwood on offense. I'll change as we get close to the beginning but for now that is how it stands! :arrow: :arrow: :thumb:

BWahlberg said:
Alaska Griz said:
BWahlberg said:

Way to much credit. They have the same offensive line that was as porous as a sponge last year with a drop off in coaching. They're defense is yet to be seen with co defensive coordinators. They seem to play slow on defense and rely on a talented QB to bail them out of jams far to often on offense. I admit they seemingly have two good running backs in breke, and Newell but will they hold up. Johnson didn't and neither did Prukop. IMO the only really good coach they have is Cramsey but even he will struggle to score enough to beat a good defense with the patch work defense they will field. I talked with a players parent last week who said the team is stoked and ready to work feeling the offense will be killer. I mean with Hendo, Jones, and Naccarato I'm more than confident we can and will score.

Seems like the big reason some think Msu will be so good is because Prukop will be in the line up. Not me! He has yet to win a really big game and if he is upright in November he will again fall short.........our defense is going to be just to good and they're defense will be way to slow. 3-0 baby :party:

This was a good team with Jordan Johnson running a pro style O without Henderson. This scheme is better and has the QB and skill players to execute it well. Oline has improved and will continue to do so under Germer. The unknown is how quickly everyone offensively can get on the same page. But the success they had this spring against a very talented, experienced defense was pretty incredible and encouraging.

I don't see the new staff being a big question mark as Gregorak returns, offense gets a spark of life with Stitt, and the team is able to move on from the past and not wonder what the future holds.

Not having an interim coach with an uncertain future will be huge for this team.

BWahlberg said:

I think you may be accidently taking high doses of your wife's estrogen instead of your antibiotics. Put on your glasses...Yes! the maroon colored ones.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2jAwiq6YsE[/youtube]

Success in college football, from a coaching standpoint, is not linear. I laugh at the people that see Stitt's record at CSM and rule the hire as a failure. Bobby and Glenn are two shining examples of guys that had immaculate records at the FCS level but failed magnificently at the FBS level, and there are many more. Most all coaches have the capacity to be successful, but it takes the right situation (i.e. location, administration, staff, etc.) to do it.

In my opinion, and obviously there is little to no proof of this yet, Stitt is in the right situation to be successful here. Remember with BH when we had players step up each year out of obscurity and become feature starters for us? That is what Stitt will do here, he's grooming Brady for a big year, and I'm sure we will have a couple WR's step up (hopefully Naccarato) and a RB or two. And it's going to get even better from here.

He knows how to play ball with Engstrom, our passionate fans like him, and the players are excited and attending class. Stitt is a loaded gun, and the BSC is the target. Ash dropped the rifle right on its sights.

nzone said:
BWahlberg said:
Alaska Griz said:
BWahlberg said:

Way to much credit. They have the same offensive line that was as porous as a sponge last year with a drop off in coaching. They're defense is yet to be seen with co defensive coordinators. They seem to play slow on defense and rely on a talented QB to bail them out of jams far to often on offense. I admit they seemingly have two good running backs in breke, and Newell but will they hold up. Johnson didn't and neither did Prukop. IMO the only really good coach they have is Cramsey but even he will struggle to score enough to beat a good defense with the patch work defense they will field. I talked with a players parent last week who said the team is stoked and ready to work feeling the offense will be killer. I mean with Hendo, Jones, and Naccarato I'm more than confident we can and will score.

Seems like the big reason some think Msu will be so good is because Prukop will be in the line up. Not me! He has yet to win a really big game and if he is upright in November he will again fall short.........our defense is going to be just to good and they're defense will be way to slow. 3-0 baby :party:

tumblr_mjv800kOBW1r9pt1so1_250.gif

Catsrback76 said:
nzone said:
BWahlberg said:
Alaska Griz said:

tumblr_mjv800kOBW1r9pt1so1_250.gif

OK. :wink:
misc-bear-running-down-the-road.png

monty-python-run-away-o.gif

I predict the coming Ash Age to begin 10 years early on Nov. 21, 2015.
http://www.theonion.com/article/new-report-finds-humanity-10-years-away-something--50465" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Everything bad begins in Bozeman.
***Edit: Upon further reflection I predict the Ash Age will be skipped all together when the Grizzlies slit Ash's throat and jump immediately to the Eon of Blood.

This might be a good time to ask the meanest Griz fan known to fans everywhere, just what the hell his prediction is for the upcoming season.

I am speaking of a dill.... aka. AZ, Growler and many other names to numerous to list.
His take will be so far out in left field that it will come back in on the right! Radical as he is, he does spur the board on to outlandish topics.
These long periods without football I kind of miss the old fart's take on our team. If he is still kicking I'd guess he will throw water on some of our thoughts...

Umista said:
This might be a good time to ask the meanest Griz fan known to fans everywhere, just what the hell his prediction is for the upcoming season.

I am speaking of a dill.... aka. AZ, Growler and many other names to numerous to list.
His take will be so far out in left field that it will come back in on the right! Radical as he is, he does spur the board on to outlandish topics.
These long periods without football I kind of miss the old fart's take on our team. If he is still kicking I'd guess he will throw water on some of our thoughts...
:lol: :lol:

Ah, the olden days, back when I was mistaken for that tool. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

The offense is gonna be lights out. My concern is how it'll be on the defense. A lot of teams that play this brand of O see their D falter. Has Gregorak been the DC on a team with this style of offense?

getgrizzy said:
The offense is gonna be lights out. My concern is how it'll be on the defense. A lot of teams that play this brand of O see their D falter. Has Gregorak been the DC on a team with this style of offense?

I am not worried about the defense. Stitt's past teams have been good at controlling the clock with time of possession. Yes, the offense plays as fast any team, but it is not a quick strike offense by design.

Also, it is apparent to me, Stitt is expecting Gregorak to have more aggressive schemes. The days of soft coverage will behind the GRIZ. Will Gregorak still use soft coverages? There will be occasions, but those coverages will be a lot less prevalent. Even last season, we saw slightly more aggressive coverages. I feel Stitt is exactly who and what Gregorak needs to elevate himself as a DC and better overall coach. :thumb:

Raider said:
You guys all need to be more objective, like me.
I agree. Too much sugar coating. We need Growler back to give us an objective opinion without the maroon colored glasses and Kool-Aid with extra sugar.

Back