• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2018 Griz Football Recruiting 22 Signed/Transfers, 7 Walk-ons & 4 Offers

Alaska Griz said:
dayday said:
Paytonlives said:
If no new recruiting info happens by Wednesday, it will be time to cut this one loose...

Thanks to all that helped make this the longest recruiting thread ever (by quite a bit)

130 pages... for some context I doubt ANY FBS school forum has a recruiting thread this long. Could be wrong... but doubt it.

And if you add the 29 pages of Montana HS recruiting (Thanks Vim and Howard)

Egriz is nearly 160 pages and 350,000 views!!! Unbelievable!!!

I am still holding out hope for 4 Star OT- Hunter Maginnes. He still hasn’t signed after his recruiting fell off and recently followed Colin Bonnicksen which usually means there’s been contact and might be visiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope he signs. Not sure on the 4 star thing though.

Yeah not 100% sure on that I thought I remember that being in an article about him and his offer getting pulled from ASU.

AZGrizFan said:
garizzalies said:
AZGrizFan said:
MTGRZ said:
I trust Bobby. But I just see his athleticism put to good use as a safety. Maybe he has the intangibles to be a leader at QB. A good MT kid as a QB can go a long ways (Dave, John Edwards, Selle, Gufstafson), maybe BH wants a MT kid at QB. Time will tell I guess, but I wouldn't be surprised if he turns to defense if he doesn't get the playing time he would like at QB.

Doesn't BH like the best athletes on the field regardless of position? We shall see.

I just hope he (BH) sees the light and gets him on the field as a safety. :thumb:
“Sadly”? “Sees the light”?
What is your basis for these comments?

I think we'd be wasting him on the sidelines if we're saving him for QB (given that the position is filled for the next three years). I believe his skillset is better utilized on the defensive side of the ball and would get him on the field much sooner. I thought that was pretty clear...

QB position is far from crowded. Graves will get a good opportunity. And sorry, but saying the QB position is filled for the next three years is kind of a dumb statement that completely rules out any chance of competition, temporary or career-ending injury, and whatever else. If you watch any amount of football you know that's foolish thinking. Hell, the Eagles just won the Super Bowl because of a great backup QB. Compare that to the Raiders last year who lost their starting qb and had no shot after that. Jensen did not make it through last season without injury. Also, are you sure there won't be just as much competition at linebacker and safety? There are no guarantees either way.

For what it's worth, I don't care what position he plays. If he moves to linebacker, great. Safety, great. I've seen him play live multiple times, have followed his career and I think he has the tools to make an awesome qb, physically AND mentally. Not hard for me to see why Bobby wants him there.

Alaska Griz said:
AZGrizFan said:
garizzalies said:
AZGrizFan said:
I just hope he (BH) sees the light and gets him on the field as a safety. :thumb:

I think we'd be wasting him on the sidelines if we're saving him for QB (given that the position is filled for the next three years). I believe his skillset is better utilized on the defensive side of the ball and would get him on the field much sooner. I thought that was pretty clear...

QB position is far from crowded. Graves will get a good opportunity. And sorry, but saying the QB position is filled for the next three years is kind of a dumb statement that completely rules out any chance of competition, temporary or career-ending injury, and whatever else. If you watch any amount of football you know that's foolish thinking. Hell, the Eagles just won the Super Bowl because of a great backup QB. Compare that to the Raiders last year who lost their starting qb and had no shot after that. Jensen did not make it through last season without injury. Also, are you sure there won't be just as much competition at linebacker and safety? There are no guarantees either way.

For what it's worth, I don't care what position he plays. If he moves to linebacker, great. Safety, great. I've seen him play live multiple times, have followed his career and I think he has the tools to make an awesome qb, physically AND mentally. Not hard for me to see why Bobby wants him there.

Well, dumb or not, Bobby says he wants his best athletes on the field. I don’t really care what position he plays either, but I still believe he gets on the field faster as a safety than as a QB. Barring injury to #’s 1 and 2, Graves will be sitting on the sideline as a QB for the next 3 years conceivably. Not the worst scenario in the world, but a bit of a waste and somewhat contrary to Bobby’s statement. People need to chill out...I really find it hilarious how worked up people get over simple opinions being expressed.

Alaska Griz said:
AZGrizFan said:
garizzalies said:
AZGrizFan said:

The way it always happens is that if a guy is recruited to play QB he plays QB - at least at the beginning. If it looks like he will not start he gets moved. That happens all the time. Perfect example is Josh Pacfhausen back when he got beat out by Ah Yat (spelling?). Paffhausen was a great athlete and probably could have played WR or DB before he he got beat out at QB his Jr year. But there are many other examples

AZGrizFan said:
maroonandsilver said:
AZGrizFan said:
maroonandsilver said:
Well, you will be in great position to advise BH and his staff on where Graves should play, being that you will be in daily contact with him in workouts and practice. :roll:

I swear to God the concept of the ability for people to have a differing opinion just absolutely escapes some people.

"Opinions" and "Informed Opinions" are quite different animals.

Really? So yours is so informed that you're confident and comfortable flamespraying people for theirs?

Nope. My opinion means no more than yours. It's the opinion of Bobby and his staff that counts. They will see and work with Graves on a daily basis.

:clap: Many thanks to Payton, Vim & Howard for the yeoman efforts, insights & willingness to share. :clap:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BrianMacWriter/status/963491511143948288[/tweet]

Sifting through all those 247Sports and Rivals rankings must be some really tough "analysis" to do. :coffee:

maroonandsilver said:
AZGrizFan said:
maroonandsilver said:
AZGrizFan said:
I swear to God the concept of the ability for people to have a differing opinion just absolutely escapes some people.

"Opinions" and "Informed Opinions" are quite different animals.

Really? So yours is so informed that you're confident and comfortable flamespraying people for theirs?

Nope. My opinion means no more than yours. It's the opinion of Bobby and his staff that counts. They will see and work with Graves on a daily basis.

Right. So, still not sure why you felt the need to be a smartass about it. :?

VimSince03 said:

Sifting through all those 247Sports and Rivals rankings must be some really tough "analysis" to do. :coffee:

That's funny...I was doing this myself last night. No Griz were in the top 25 of anyone's list that I saw. A couple EWU WRs and RB for the cats. Weebs had a great lineman as well. The QB that went Ivy league was first on everyone's list of FCS signees.

AZDoc said:
VimSince03 said:

That's funny...I was doing this myself last night. No Griz were in the top 25 of anyone's list that I saw. A couple EWU WRs and RB for the cats. Weebs had a great lineman as well. The QB that went Ivy league was first on everyone's list of FCS signees.

He just bases it off the 247Composite ranking of a player. I can guarantee you no real film analysis goes into these rankings at all. Am I trying to bait him to come on the forum? Yes...but I still believe its lazy scouting and 247Sports is basically doing all the work for him. All he has to do is understand how to sort numbers.

I also don't think Ivy League players should be part of the list. The recruitment of those kids is different. Those places are able to get 4-star kids because of the prestige of the academics...which are basically in their own league. They don't participate in the FCS playoffs because of certain rules and regulations. Because of those observations, I don't see why they should be in the ranking.

VimSince03 said:
I also don't think Ivy League players should be part of the list. The recruitment of those kids is different. Those places are able to get 4-star kids because of the prestige of the academics...which are basically in their own league. They don't participate in the FCS playoffs because of certain rules and regulations. Because of those observations, I don't see why they should be in the ranking.

Well at the end of the day it doesn't make any difference. We don't play them and they aren't in the playoffs so whether they have 1 kid on the list or 25, it really doesn't matter.

VimSince03 said:
AZDoc said:
VimSince03 said:

He just bases it off the 247Composite ranking of a player. I can guarantee you no real film analysis goes into these rankings at all. Am I trying to bait him to come on the forum? Yes...but I still believe its lazy scouting and 247Sports is basically doing all the work for him. All he has to do is understand how to sort numbers.

I wonder if 24/7 would pay me to put those numbers and stars together. Was pretty easy looking through the lists for a bit last night. I actually thought about doing that last night and ranking the BSC to post on here, but sick kid duty...

Well time to cut this loose. I am sure there will be some transfer news in the spring/summer. But for now this recruiting cycle is over. Thanks to all who made this the awesome recruiting thread that it is. Awesome work by all

Paytonlives said:
Well time to cut this loose. I am sure there will be some transfer news in the spring/summer. But for now this recruiting cycle is over. Thanks to all who made this the awesome recruiting thread that it is. Awesome work by all

yeah, Thanks for all the good info. These treads get better and better every year!

#1 - I see 0 Minnesota recruits anywhere.

#2 - I see 0 NDSU recruit competition anywhere.

seems odd, have you gone west young man?

NDSU's recruiting page's on bisonville
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?38251-2018-Recruiting-Summary
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?38069-2018-Recruiting-Updates

Bisonation said:
#1 - I see 0 Minnesota recruits anywhere.

#2 - I see 0 NDSU recruit competition anywhere.

seems odd, have you gone west young man?

NDSU's recruiting page's on bisonville
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?38251-2018-Recruiting-Summary
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?38069-2018-Recruiting-Updates

State Breakdown: Montana 13, California 4, Washington 3, Arizona 2, Utah 1, Pennsylvania 1, Oregon 1, Nevada 1

Latest posts

Back