• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

3 More Years for Choate

poorgriz said:
Ursus1 said:
Which means when Bobby returns the Griz to the top we will get to watch implosion at MSU for multiple years. Can't wait to see them turning on Choke and his staff. Extending at this time (after recruiting is done and before any games played next season with his record) is strange, but locks them in four more seasons of mediocrity. Priceless

Not strange at all. Anyone who is paying attention (and is not biased) can see what is happening at MSU. Choate has been building a championship team and everything is falling into place. Weber will be the top competition for the Cats in 2018... they're going to be damn tough.

Plus, Choate was offfered a higher paying DC position at a big school, so MSU needed to lock him in.

I agree that Choate et al appear to be building towards a strong team, more success and strong. Championship team? We'll see. I can't imagine that Hauck won't have the Griz immediately competitive, but he and we will know more after spring ball. I don't see the Cats out-recruiting the Griz in MT, and Hauck has said multiple times that he will built recruiting around recruiting MT first.

Typical "PRETENTIOUS" bobcat nonsense! The guy 's got a record of 9-13 for Christ sake? Just like their 20 year plan a long term joke, at best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It just shows how much stake they put in beating coach Stitt back to back.Montana expects to beat the cats! No contract extension will ever come out of doing it! Go Griz!

It's a good thing the Cat game comes at the end of the season. Otherwise, with Hauck catatonic after the thumping they'll be giving us, we'd be without a coach.

PlayerRep said:
poorgriz said:
Ursus1 said:
Which means when Bobby returns the Griz to the top we will get to watch implosion at MSU for multiple years. Can't wait to see them turning on Choke and his staff. Extending at this time (after recruiting is done and before any games played next season with his record) is strange, but locks them in four more seasons of mediocrity. Priceless

Not strange at all. Anyone who is paying attention (and is not biased) can see what is happening at MSU. Choate has been building a championship team and everything is falling into place. Weber will be the top competition for the Cats in 2018... they're going to be damn tough.

Plus, Choate was offfered a higher paying DC position at a big school, so MSU needed to lock him in.

I agree that Choate et al appear to be building towards a strong team, more success and strong. Championship team? We'll see. I can't imagine that Hauck won't have the Griz immediately competitive, but he and we will know more after spring ball. I don't see the Cats out-recruiting the Griz in MT, and Hauck has said multiple times that he will built recruiting around recruiting MT first.

From day one Choate put a premium on recruiting the best players in Montana and owning the state. So far he's done very well in recruiting. Of course neither coach will win all the recruiting battles, and I would guess UM and MSU will be pretty even in terms of who gets the best MT talent for the next few years.

poorgriz said:
PlayerRep said:
poorgriz said:
Ursus1 said:

From day one Choate put a premium on recruiting the best players in Montana and owning the state. So far he's done very well in recruiting. Of course neither coach will win all the recruiting battles, and I would guess UM and MSU will be pretty even in terms of who gets the best MT talent for the next few years.

:liar:

Paytonlives said:
Better then 4 years of Hillary.
You should know better. I'll take anybody over the liar/con-artist we are stuck with now, but we should keep politics off this board or it will flame out.

In a perfect world as viewed from my Montanacentric viewpoint, both schools will enter that third Saturday in November unbeaten even though my immediate family goes back three generations at MSU and relatives I don't care to associate with have buildings named after them on the UM campus. Realistically, that's a pipedream. I know Hauck will have his teams in shape and keep them out of trouble or they'll be gone. His staff monitors the kids class attendance and they set the example pretty damn well! He'll have excellent team leadership too.

Last year, I watched a lot of plays the receivers obviously ran the wrong routes or gave up on their routes by the Cats. Team leadership could have prevented that and just a few more plays and they would have had a respectable record. Woulda, coulda, shoulda...

Off season workouts will decide whether or not it was a wise investment.

poorgriz said:
PlayerRep said:
poorgriz said:
Ursus1 said:

Disagree. UM and Hauck will win the MT battle going forward.

GrizRanger said:
Paytonlives said:
Better then 4 years of Hillary.
You should know better. I'll take anybody over the liar/con-artist we are stuck with now, but we should keep politics off this board or it will flame out.

..hmmm interesting anybody little man?

PlayerRep said:
poorgriz said:
PlayerRep said:
poorgriz said:

Stitt got a great start and BH came in and dropped the hammer on MSU this year. Get used to it, ‘scat fans.

The last two boobcat wins were because they out-physicaled and out-willed the Grizzlies, period. Even the former Griz stars from the past on the sidelines said this. Stunningly they said the Griz had no desire. Which all of the above was painfully clear to everybody.

That will not be the case going forward with Hauck.

My only question is where is Choate's THANK YOU to the lackluster players in Missoula the last two years for his contract re-newel, since those wins are clearly the reason the losing coach was extended, early none-the-less.

PlayerRep said:
poorgriz said:
PlayerRep said:
poorgriz said:

Good luck with that. I'll admit Hauck regularly kicked our asses in recruiting and on the field during his first go round. Different ball game this time around. I think many of you are underestimating Choate. His three recruiting classes have been damn good.

Choate said that Bobcat coaches sold the notion that the last two seasons have marked Montana State's transition back to championship contender. "One of the ideas we sold in this recruiting cycle is that we're no longer in the building phase," he said. "We're in the compete-for-a-championship phase. That resonated with a lot of these young men and their families. The hard work and the heavy lifting have been done. They can come in and either develop into tremendous members of our campus community and our football program, or be the missing piece for us to take the next step."

poorgriz said:
PlayerRep said:
poorgriz said:
PlayerRep said:

Good luck with that. I'll admit Hauck regularly kicked our asses in recruiting and on the field during his first go round. Different ball game this time around. I think many of you are underestimating Choate. His three recruiting classes have been damn good.

Choate said that Bobcat coaches sold the notion that the last two seasons have marked Montana State's transition back to championship contender. "One of the ideas we sold in this recruiting cycle is that we're no longer in the building phase," he said. "We're in the compete-for-a-championship phase. That resonated with a lot of these young men and their families. The hard work and the heavy lifting have been done. They can come in and either develop into tremendous members of our campus community and our football program, or be the missing piece for us to take the next step."

The next step is getting on the plus side of 500 ball!

catsack said:
poorgriz said:
PlayerRep said:
poorgriz said:

We should lend them our scheduler so they can pad their record!

MT Head Guy said:
catsack said:
poorgriz said:
PlayerRep said:

We should lend them our scheduler so they can pad their record!

I agree MT Head Guy that Choate is underestimated. He got that extension for what everyone can see he is building. Yes, the wins over the Griz helped, especially the team doing it during the early re-building process with a very one -dimensional QB. The could see how hard he has these kids playing. He quickly brought them up to a new level.

As far as recruiting, I don't think Hauck is going to own Montana this time around. Both schools will get their share. Choate is an outstanding recruiter and he has hired good, connected in-State coaches in Armstrong and BJ Robertson. Also Matt Miller is in the recruiting Montana mix.

Fat Bruno said:
It's a good thing the Cat game comes at the end of the season. Otherwise, with Hauck catatonic after the thumping they'll be giving us, we'd be without a coach.

Good one, Lisa....

poorgriz said:
PlayerRep said:
poorgriz said:
PlayerRep said:

I haven't underestimated Choate (I regularly compliment him and MSU under him), but you are underestimating Hauck. It's not a "different ball game this time around" with respect to MT recruiting. If anything is different, it's that UM has the Performance Center and new, nice locker rooms (and the academic center for the moms). Hauck has a very strong staff for in-state recruiting. UM isn't going to get every top MT kid, or kids who want engineering, but I still believe UM will win the MT recruiting battle virtually every year now.

MSU is building and trending up, but it's nonsense for anyone to believe that MSU is now in position to compete for a championship yet.

I didn't look at any Cat recruits from MT this year, but who do you think won the MT recruiting battle this year? Be specific.

PlayerRep said:
poorgriz said:
PlayerRep said:
poorgriz said:

I haven't underestimated Choate (I regularly compliment him and MSU under him), but you are underestimating Hauck. It's not a "different ball game this time around" with respect to MT recruiting. If anything is different, it's that UM has the Performance Center and new, nice locker rooms (and the academic center for the moms). Hauck has a very strong staff for in-state recruiting. UM isn't going to get every top MT kid, or kids who want engineering, but I still believe UM will win the MT recruiting battle virtually every year now.

MSU is building and trending up, but it's nonsense for anyone to believe that MSU is now in position to compete for a championship yet.

I didn't look at any Cat recruits from MT this year, but who do you think won the MT recruiting battle this year? Be specific.

The answer to your question will not be known for about 3 yrs!

PlayerRep said:
poorgriz said:
PlayerRep said:
poorgriz said:

I’m not going to proclaim here that one coach will dominate over the other, we’ll see how it plays out. I agree Hauck dominated the first time around, the thing that is different this time around is not Hauck, it’s Choate. Hauck may be every bit of the MT recruiter he’s always been, but I feel that Choate is far superior to Kramer and Ash in MT recruiting. So Hauck is up against stiffer competition this time around, it’ll be fun to see how it all plays out.

Of course there will always be players that go to one school or the other (ie Sulser), so it will vary year to year.

On paper, the Griz won the in state battle this year, but I also don’t think it was a landslide like some suggest. I like a lot of the MT kids the Cats got too.

It’s frankly a silly argument right now to claim one will dominate over the other as a broad statement. It’s just too early to tell. They’ve barely gone head to head yet, most of the Griz MT commits we’re on board with Stitt already.

Has anyone commented on the fact that Choach somehow got a three-year extension despite the fact that he can't put together a winning season? WTF? He's a losing HC, and not by a little bit. I'm honestly confused. I thought this would be his make or break year, i.e., 8-3 or you're gone. Do they just want to continue having a losing program? Legit question.

Latest posts

Back