• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Awful Montana State Bobcat Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
How embarrassing for them. I can see why they removed it. My reaction was similar to watching 2 Girls 1 Cup.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp4ABNhgmNI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BadlandsGrizFan said:
some weird gay old man sex resort?

The rippin' and the tearin', the rippin' and the tearin'.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVtEX1J7tXQ[/youtube]

I see the copied video has also been taken down. Also a few people have been venting on Wheat Montana's facebook page, asking their owner for an apology.

BWahlberg said:
I see the copied video has also been taken down. Also a few people have been venting on Wheat Montana's facebook page, asking their owner for an apology.

Good and I don't blame them. I would too if I was a Griz fan and if I had the book face.

facebook.jpg

BWahlberg said:
For some of us that weren't able to see the video before it was taken down, why are people demanding an apology from the owner of Wheat Montana?

Didn't anyone at msu vet this? Who could've thought this was a good idea??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grizzaholic said:
BWahlberg said:
For some of us that weren't able to see the video before it was taken down, why are people demanding an apology from the owner of Wheat Montana?

Dean Folkvord the owner of Wheat Montana wrote the song and I believe sang it in the video. 99.5% of the song is just stupid/funny but he has one line in there where, in reference to the university of Montana he states at MSU they "know that no means no."

Sorry folks....long story short....I received a somewhat verbal threat from one of the producers or people behind the video demanding that I take it down unless I want to be liable for copyright infringement damages. They made it public in the first place so I'm not sure if I'd be liable for anything, but I don't really want to find out.

Also the reaction from both sides got a little out-of-hand in my humble opinion, so I took it down. I just truly thought it was a funny video and one that deserved a little fun. I had no idea it would be such a big deal. I thought both Bobcat and Griz fans alike would get a good chuckle out of it.....guess even that is too much to ask for in our rivalry. Sad.

I've spoken with Athletic Department officials regarding the video released over the weekend by Bobcat boosters. Griz fans are encouraged to take the high road and move forward. We are Montana!

BWahlberg said:
Grizzaholic said:
BWahlberg said:

Dean Folkvord the owner of Wheat Montana wrote the song and I believe sang it in the video. 99.5% of the song is just stupid/funny but he has one line in there where, in reference to the university of Montana he states at MSU they "know that no means no."
This might be why they took it down:

http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/news/crime/article_5f418f62-1f05-11e3-9688-0019bb2963f4.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Grizbeer said:
BWahlberg said:
Grizzaholic said:
BWahlberg said:

This might be why they took it down:

http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/news/crime/article_5f418f62-1f05-11e3-9688-0019bb2963f4.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ouch

...and two rapes at two frats...
...over the weekend in bozo...
...no means no at moo state u...
...play the video at orientation...

... :cool: ...

HookedonGriz said:
Sorry folks....long story short....I received a somewhat verbal threat from one of the producers or people behind the video demanding that I take it down unless I want to be liable for copyright infringement damages. They made it public in the first place so I'm not sure if I'd be liable for anything, but I don't really want to find out.

Also the reaction from both sides got a little out-of-hand in my humble opinion, so I took it down. I just truly thought it was a funny video and one that deserved a little fun. I had no idea it would be such a big deal. I thought both Bobcat and Griz fans alike would get a good chuckle out of it.....guess even that is too much to ask for in our rivalry. Sad.

Might be worthwhile to point out the terms and conditions on youtube to the person threatening you. Especially Section 6C:

http://www.youtube.com/static?template=terms" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Which states:

For clarity, you retain all of your ownership rights in your Content. However, by submitting Content to YouTube, you hereby grant YouTube a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the Content in connection with the Service and YouTube's (and its successors' and affiliates') business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Service (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. You also hereby grant each user of the Service a non-exclusive license to access your Content through the Service, and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform such Content as permitted through the functionality of the Service and under these Terms of Service. The above licenses granted by you in video Content you submit to the Service terminate within a commercially reasonable time after you remove or delete your videos from the Service. You understand and agree, however, that YouTube may retain, but not display, distribute, or perform, server copies of your videos that have been removed or deleted. The above licenses granted by you in user comments you submit are perpetual and irrevocable."

Might also ask them if they got the Village People's consent to use mangle their song like that before uploading it to youtube then claiming copyright of it :)

Or....you could just let it die... which would probably be best. I just like fucking with people who scream "OMG COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT" when they don't have a leg to stand on :)

Potomac Griz said:
HookedonGriz said:

Might be worthwhile to point out the terms and conditions on youtube to the person threatening you. Especially Section 6C:

http://www.youtube.com/static?template=terms" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Which states:

For clarity, you retain all of your ownership rights in your Content. However, by submitting Content to YouTube, you hereby grant YouTube a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the Content in connection with the Service and YouTube's (and its successors' and affiliates') business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Service (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. You also hereby grant each user of the Service a non-exclusive license to access your Content through the Service, and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform such Content as permitted through the functionality of the Service and under these Terms of Service. The above licenses granted by you in video Content you submit to the Service terminate within a commercially reasonable time after you remove or delete your videos from the Service. You understand and agree, however, that YouTube may retain, but not display, distribute, or perform, server copies of your videos that have been removed or deleted. The above licenses granted by you in user comments you submit are perpetual and irrevocable."

Might also ask them if they got the Village People's consent to use mangle their song like that before uploading it to youtube then claiming copyright of it :)

Or....you could just let it die... which would probably be best. I just like f***[*] with people who scream "OMG COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT" when they don't have a leg to stand on :)

Thank you for looking out for me! I gotta admit I was a little fired up when I received the initial threat to take it down. I challenged him that his clients made the video, he produced it, and they posted it to a public social media site and somehow I'm to blame in this. I figured once posted to a public site all copyright laws are off the table. But oh we'll, it was fun while it lasted. Best video ever.

HookedonGriz said:
Thank you for looking out for me! I gotta admit I was a little fired up when I received the initial threat to take it down. I challenged him that his clients made the video, he produced it, and they posted it to a public social media site and somehow I'm to blame in this. I figured once posted to a public site all copyright laws are off the table. But oh we'll, it was fun while it lasted. Best video ever.

It would have been interesting to ask him how much he paid to use aerial footage owned and maintained by MSU Communications, and whether MSU Communications providing that footage vitiated the alleged copyright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back