• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Awful Montana State Bobcat Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
MT Head Guy said:
CDAGRIZ said:
MT Head Guy said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Are you seriously celebrating a rape joke apology posted on Facebook? I suppose lil' bro has lower standards, but, wow!

Dude you are a piece of shit. No one (Cat or Griz) is making a joke of rape and to imply that is as low as you can go. I'm sorry, but that is way beyond responsible or funny or competitive.

If you want to hold Folkvord to a higher standard (that he can't make a mistake and then apologize because it was obviously wrong), then good luck...the point of my post.

From the apology: "While attempting to be funny, I clearly crossed the line . . ."
Which lyric do you think he's talking about?

Boom?

You accused me of celebrating rape. You're an asshole!

I did no such thing. I correctly stated that you were celebrating an apology for a rape joke. Maybe you attempted to quote a different post when you posted "Boom" under the information that a wheat man made an apology for his rape joke. Maybe you should read it again.

bigsky33 said:
By saying people do not have a sense of humor with that video means that it was funny. That remark in that video was NOT funny. It was totally insensitive to people that this incident had a profound effect on their lives. To me it's an embarassment as a Cat fan. Taking it off YouTube was the right thing to do. To keep carrying it on shows just as poor judgement as those that produced it.
Agreed. Some shit isn't funny and that was a case in point!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

CDAGRIZ said:
I did no such thing. I correctly stated that you were celebrating an apology for a rape joke.

Yup - you are a piece of shit for doing so, asshole. That's one of the lowest things I've seen in a long time.

Not into your humor...

MT Head Guy said:
CDAGRIZ said:
I did no such thing. I correctly stated that you were celebrating an apology for a rape joke.

Yup - you are a piece of shit for doing so, asshole. That's one of the lowest things I've seen in a long time.

Not into your humor...

OK, sounds good. Why did you post "Boom?" That was to convey the unfortunate nature of this situation and not the sound a cannon makes after a touchdown, right?

Not into your logic . . .

MT Head Guy said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Not into your humor...

:lol: What?

CDAGRIZ said:
MT Head Guy said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Not into your humor...

OK, sounds good. Why did you post "Boom?" That was to convey the unfortunate nature of this situation and not the sound a cannon makes after a touchdown, right?

Folkvord apologizes for his mistake (in contrast to all the stuff you said about him). As I've said, I DO NOT support anything he did - my point is that people make mistakes and own up to them.

Hope that help you feel better about your stupid comment...

Bad video with a horrible line about a subject that nobody should make fun of. His apology seems very sincere

I am issuing this official apology to all Wheat Montana customers, and friends, who have posted comments about the CATS video.

My friend and I did do a despicable thing, with the line "No-means-No". Accordingly, I've embarrassed myself, our company, our public institutions, and my fellow Montanan's.

I am making this personal apology to you, because it was wrong, and you have made your feelings known.

I am sorry to have caused this condition and am equally sorry to others that I have touched with this cruel statement.

Today I was in personal contact with administrators at UM, and have issued a formal, written, apology to them.

You can be sure that I have learned a lesson.

In Montana we enjoy a rich Cat/Griz rivalry that challenges our two major universities to become better. While attempting to be funny, I clearly crossed the line and pray that you will forgive this one episode of bad judgement and poor taste.

Sincerely,
Dean Folkvord, CEO
[email protected]
direct line (406) 582-4561

These types of internet or media quotes have truly gotten out of control. I couldn't even imagine what would happen to message board posters if they had to include their name and place of work along with their comments.

snap said:
MT Head Guy said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Not into your humor...

What you think it's funny to say someone is "celebrating an apology for a rape joke"? WTF is wrong with you?

It would be nice if that letter of apology to UM contained a big fat check to our academic center/weight room/locker room building fund.

fallfootballfan said:
Sorry guys...I produced the video and I was asked by the client to remove all sources of the video to minimize public relations damage. HookedonGriz is correct in that it is a little out of hand. Most took the video with a grain of salt. Some, however, were beyond livid to the point of being rabid. It should be noted that this was a private venture and not sanctioned what-so-ever- by MSU of Bobcat Athletics.
A lot of people in Missoula know and respect Larry and Dean, they are good-hearted fans and are extremely generous to BOTH schools. There is not malicious intent in either of these guys. In Bozeman the "no-means-no" reference has been lite, tail-gate fodder. We sometimes forget that for some it is deeply personal. Dean and Larry recognize this immediately, pulled the video and have sincerely apologized to their friends in Missoula.

I have produced hundreds of commercials and music videos over the years and I am truly amazed at the reactions to this video. It is love/hate with no grey area. Overall reviews are 85% positive and 15% negative. Obviously the no-mean-no reference was inappropriate (I did not write it), but half the negative responses center around the structure. Is it the association to the Village People, who were/are obviously gay, that offends some? The video is a parody and is supposed to be corny and fun, it is so bad that it is good.
All I can say is lighten-up people! Relax a little. The video is dead and the world will turn. Dean and Larry's school spirit and support of both the Bozeman/Missoula communities is un-waivering. Hit or miss at least they try, they do. How much did you raise for your school this year?
...see you at Cat/Griz.
if you read through this carefully, there are a few tones here that are troublesome. How much money did you raise for your school this year ? TRANSLATION: Your a "little man" go back to your hole and shut the f... up" (I did not write it) TRANSLATION: We'll accept personal responsibility where we want to. There's much more to be interpreted here, but I'll let it rest because I'm totally disgusted. These clowns are going to have "a lot less" to give. G. F. Y.......... :egriz:

MT Head Guy said:
snap said:
MT Head Guy said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Not into your humor...

What you think it's funny to say someone is "celebrating an apology for a rape joke"? WTF is wrong with you?

:lol: The only funny thing at this point is what dipshits you and your buddy Dean are looking like.

MT Head Guy said:
CDAGRIZ said:
MT Head Guy said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Not into your humor...

Folkvord apologizes for his mistake (in contrast to all the stuff you said about him). As I've said, I DO NOT support anything he did - my point is that people make mistakes and own up to them.

Hope that help you feel better about your stupid comment...

1. You learned that he apologized for something you don't support, and that nobody said you supported.

2. You post "Boom" as if to say, "take that." (side note: If you can read, you'll see that I posted that I thought the apology seemed sincere).

3. You fly off the handle when someone questions why you would treat an apology concerning this subject matter as boom-worthy.

Maybe you use "boom" differently than every other person in the world, I don't know and I don't really care that much.

snap said:
MT Head Guy said:
snap said:
MT Head Guy said:

Not into your humor...

:lol: The only funny thing at this point is what dipshits you and your buddy Dean are looking like.

Yup - in his words he did a "despicable thing".

I guess I'm a dipshit because I don't think this whole thing about rape is funny... Sorry.

MT Head Guy said:
snap said:
MT Head Guy said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Not into your humor...

I wasn't trying to be funny, Head Guy. I was asking why you seemed to celebrate the wheat guy's apology. Tellingly, you can merely call names in response to the inquiry rather than just saying that you shouldn't have posted that because it made you look silly.

Mtheadguy. Aren't you the same user that called me out for resorting to calling you names about one week ago? Seems slightly hypocritical on your part. Wait - I was not calling you a hypocrite. That would be name calling.

Damn, we usually stop in there for a coffee and breakfast sammich on the way over. Never again.

Well maybe once more to voice my opinion. :argue:

snap said:
Head guy. That's not what makes you a dipshit. It's the other stuff.

Thanks. I think this concept is clearly above the Head Guy's head. Had I actually attempted (and I did not) to make a "joke" saying that Head Guy supported rape jokes, I would apologize, and he would say "Boom." All would be right with the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back