• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Can we beat NDSU?

2011BisonAlumni said:
Not exactly sure what you mean by couldn't put them away. They won the game the game by two scores right?

It is amazing how many games NDSU has played like that, 22-10 etc, over the past 4 years. You know how many teams have come from behind in the second half to win against NDSU in the last 61 games NDSU has played? 1. At the end of the day a win is a win and when it gets to the fourth quarter and NDSU is leading, you might as well ring the bell because it is usually over at that point. They play a style of game that tends to be low scoring, grind out and wear out the opponent.

Regardless of last year, this year is a different year. I honestly think it comes down to turnovers and if the Griz defense can improve against the rush. If they force a few turnovers and stop NDSU from gashing them on the ground, I think they will win a close game at home. If not, I think NDSU will win again by two scores.

Should be a fun game.

Agreed. A win is a win. But I thought the "couldn't put them away" comment was pretty self explanatory. Your other Bizon posters keep insisting it was a blowout statistically (which it was) but again, if not for an INT in the end zone, it's a 2-point game going into the 4th quarter IN YOUR HOUSE--which goes to show you the value of statistics. Nil. At the end of the day, the only real statistic that matters is the scoreboard, and right now NDSU has scoreboard.

I also agree on the keys to a Griz win:

1) Improved run defense
2) Get an early lead
3) Win the turnover battle
4) More consistent offensive performance (fewer 3 & 4 play drives, unless they end in a TD :cool: ) which should help with item #1 above

GoldStandardGriz said:
westnodak93bison said:
CDAGRIZ said:
The Grizzlies may or may not beat the Bizon. But The University of Montana will always beat North Dakota State University. This is the way it is. It has been decided.
Pffft...in what capacity? Kicking out mediocre doctors and lawyers? [emoji14]

Simple geography. You live in one of the armpits of America. We win even if we lose-you lose even if you win.

Have you even been to Fargo? Far from the armpit of anything. Much closer to the muffin top. Moorhead, now that's another story entirely.

GoldStandardGriz said:
westnodak93bison said:
CDAGRIZ said:
The Grizzlies may or may not beat the Bizon. But The University of Montana will always beat North Dakota State University. This is the way it is. It has been decided.

Simple geography. You live in one of the armpits of America. We win even if we lose-you lose even if you win.

The geography surrounding Missoula is stunning and absolutely blows the area of Fargo out of the water. Other than that, Fargo is far from an armpit. Fargo is one of the cleanest most modern cities I have been to and is actually a really nice place to live.

With that being said, I don't think you could pay me enough to ever live there again.

2011BisonAlumni said:
GoldStandardGriz said:
westnodak93bison said:
CDAGRIZ said:

The geography surrounding Missoula is stunning and absolutely blows the area of Fargo out of the water. Other than that, Fargo is far from an armpit. Fargo is one of the cleanest most modern cities I have been to and is actually a really nice place to live.

With that being said, I don't think you could pay me enough to ever live there again.

So it's clean, modern, and a nice place to live, but you have no desire to live there again? Makes perfect sense.

kemajic said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
Not sure a defense that gave up 280 rushing against NDSU last year, who has lost most of their key contributors on defense and is going up against an NDSU team that retains their entire offensive line and quarterback is a good scenario.
You're not much of a scout. UM did not "lose most of their key contributors on defense." Hardly. We had the best LB set in the BSC last year and they are all back and deeper. This defense will be better than last year and will have to carry the load for the first four tough games while the offense gets its feet under itself. Good enough to stop NDSU? Probably not, but upsets happen in college football. Like last year, UM has to be more concerned with its offense, which has a lot of change and considerably less experience.

Agreed. Also, Caleb Kidder should be healthy and playing this time around :thumb: He is an absolute beast on the D-line.

Htowngriz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
GoldStandardGriz said:
westnodak93bison said:

So it's clean, modern, and a nice place to live, but you have no desire to live there again? Makes perfect sense.

Have to drive too far for outdoor opportunities, and that trumps the cake for me in terms of decision making for places to live.

Butte Montana is a shit hole in my honest opinion , but I would rather live in Butte than Fargo. Just a personal preference.

2011BisonAlumni said:
Htowngriz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
GoldStandardGriz said:

Have to drive too far for outdoor opportunities, and that trumps the cake for me in terms of decision making for places to live.

Butte Montana is a shit hole in my honest opinion , but I would rather live in Butte than Fargo. Just a personal preference.

Personally I just couldn't live with the "flatness" of the Fargo area...

AZGrizFan said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
Htowngriz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

Neither could I anymore, which is why I moved.

Good thing, for NDSU's sake, that being located in a flat pancake area has absolutely zero bearing on their ability to win FCS football games.

2011BisonAlumni said:
AZGrizFan said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
Htowngriz said:

Good thing, for NDSU's sake, that being located in a flat pancake area has absolutely zero bearing on their ability to win FCS football games.

Well, it would if those pussies didn't play in a dome. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :D

AZGrizFan said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
AZGrizFan said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

Well, it would if those pussies didn't play in a dome. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :D

Oh I am sure your are right AZ. I mean after all, NDSU ONLY won 8 national championships with an outdoor homefield prior to moving into the dome. I'm sure they would be screwed if they played outdoors. That's why they always get beat by other FCS teams when playing on the road in outdoor stadiums.

2011BisonAlumni said:
AZGrizFan said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
AZGrizFan said:

Oh I am sure your are right AZ. I mean after all, NDSU ONLY won 8 national championships with an outdoor homefield prior to moving into the dome. I'm sure they would be screwed if they played outdoors. That's why they always get beat by other FCS teams when playing on the road in outdoor stadiums.

Or FBS teams like K State, Iowa State, MN, etc. Or you can go way back and see how bad they folded when they had to bus out to MT in the Winter when they were still DII and play the powerhouse griz in front of 25,000 fans. They crapped all over themselves.

poorgriz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
AZGrizFan said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

Or FBS teams like K State, Iowa State, MN, etc. Or you can go way back and see how bad they folded when they had to bus out to MT in the Winter when they were still DII and play the powerhouse griz in front of 25,000 fans. They crapped all over themselves.

And who could forget their huge win against the cats.

Oh wait. Those chickenshits were too pussy to play them.

EverettGriz said:
poorgriz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
AZGrizFan said:

For the record... It was a good financial decision. We needed to play another DII school at home so we could make more money.

-Cat Fan

grizcountry420 said:
EverettGriz said:
poorgriz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

For the record... It was a good financial decision. We needed to play another DII school at home so we could make more money.

-Cat Fan

That's a good point, 420. It really highlighted Coach Ron Ash's belief in commitment.

To the bottom line.

poorgriz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
AZGrizFan said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

So that September 6 game in 2003 was during winter? They must have hauled snow in from glacier to make that happen.

get'em_griz said:
poorgriz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
AZGrizFan said:

So that September 6 game in 2003 was during winter? They must have hauled snow in from glacier to make that happen.

Dec 4th 2010 was the day, they had to bus over to MT in the winter to beat the scats..

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XleUptOG4z8[/youtube]

Back