• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Dalton Daum: Should he play right away?

Alaska Griz said:
getgrizzy said:
Daum and Ryan will both play this year. So will Sims.

Just curious...where do you think Ryan will play this year? And Sims? I don't see it happening. Both will be awesome, but Sims is raw and we have big recievers ahead of Ryan. Tyler Lucas, Ben Roberts (both seniors), Burke, Carlson.
Ryan is better than all of those guys IMO. I think Ryan is better than Daum. We're short at DE, so Sims is going play. He's easily the fourth best DE. New coaches tend to get their guys in right away if needed.

getgrizzy said:
I think Ryan is better than Daum.
Like comparing apples and oranges. Ryan is likely to emerge as a strong physical possession receiver. Daum, a consistent long threat and kick returner. As receivers I hope both are more skilled at creating separation than our cast behind EH and Jones. I agree with Alpha; these guys may be our third and fourth best receivers. And Daum could be our best returner.

It's hard to count on players with past injury issues, too. So these two are the best options if Henderson or Naccarato go down. We need to have them ready. Also you need to consider that Stitt will use 10 receivers. All of that points to these two playing now.

AZGrizFan said:
Alaska Griz said:
If you can't decipher subtlety, then don't bother...I'll explain the statement another way for you. It depends who he beats out. The poster said "if he can beat people out." As I contended in an earlier post, if he is in the top rung of receivers he should play, if he is "beating out" the 8th or 9th best receiver which might have a very minimal role, then maybe you still consider red-shirting him. So essentially I added some nuance to the original thought :eek:

Nuance and subtlety....two things lost on message boards.
Is it

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Alaska Griz said:
If you can't decipher subtlety, then don't bother...I'll explain the statement another way for you. It depends who he beats out. The poster said "if he can beat people out." As I contended in an earlier post, if he is in the top rung of receivers he should play, if he is "beating out" the 8th or 9th best receiver which might have a very minimal role, then maybe you still consider red-shirting him. So essentially I added some nuance to the original thought :eek:

Nuance and subtlety....two things lost on message boards.
Is it

Lately it does appear the proper use of the quote function is lost on this message board.

So, the consensus is that Daum should play right away, as long as he is one of the three or eight or ten best receivers or kick returners, and he doesn't look like a twig, and he doesn't hurt an upper classman's feelings, and ex-coaches Hauck and Delaney agree to it, and he wouldn't have been better as a fifth-year senior than as a true freshman, and Evel Knievel says it's okay, and we agree that both Evel and Evel Junior are scumbags, and never mind that 359 true freshmen play for FBS teams every single fucking year, and that injuries most definitely are a factor (or not), and Henderson may or may not get another year of eligibility, and some people knew that Ben Roberts might be back, and other people are a little jealous that they didn't know this first, and Ryan may be better than Daum, or may not be better than Daum, and besides, one is better as a possession receiver and the other can get better separation.

Is that about right?

AllWeatherFan said:
So, the consensus is that Daum should play right away, as long as he is one of the three or eight or ten best receivers or kick returners, and he doesn't look like a twig, and he doesn't hurt an upper classman's feelings, and ex-coaches Hauck and Delaney agree to it, and he wouldn't have been better as a fifth-year senior than as a true freshman, and Evel Knievel says it's okay, and we agree that both Evel and Evel Junior are scumbags, and never mind that 359 true freshmen play for FBS teams every single f***[*] year, and that injuries most definitely are a factor (or not), and Henderson may or may not get another year of eligibility, and some people knew that Ben Roberts might be back, and other people are a little jealous that they didn't know this first, and Ryan may be better than Daum, or may not be better than Daum, and besides, one is better as a possession receiver and the other can get better separation.

Is that about right?

429162148.jpg

AllWeatherFan said:
So, the consensus is that Daum should play right away, as long as he is one of the three or eight or ten best receivers or kick returners, and he doesn't look like a twig, and he doesn't hurt an upper classman's feelings, and ex-coaches Hauck and Delaney agree to it, and he wouldn't have been better as a fifth-year senior than as a true freshman, and Evel Knievel says it's okay, and we agree that both Evel and Evel Junior are scumbags, and never mind that 359 true freshmen play for FBS teams every single f***[*] year, and that injuries most definitely are a factor (or not), and Henderson may or may not get another year of eligibility, and some people knew that Ben Roberts might be back, and other people are a little jealous that they didn't know this first, and Ryan may be better than Daum, or may not be better than Daum, and besides, one is better as a possession receiver and the other can get better separation.

Is that about right?

No, it's not about right. It's completely right. Pretty good, AW.

AllWeatherFan said:
So, the consensus is that Daum should play right away, as long as he is one of the three or eight or ten best receivers or kick returners, and he doesn't look like a twig, and he doesn't hurt an upper classman's feelings, and ex-coaches Hauck and Delaney agree to it, and he wouldn't have been better as a fifth-year senior than as a true freshman, and Evel Knievel says it's okay, and we agree that both Evel and Evel Junior are scumbags, and never mind that 359 true freshmen play for FBS teams every single fucking year, and that injuries most definitely are a factor (or not), and Henderson may or may not get another year of eligibility, and some people knew that Ben Roberts might be back, and other people are a little jealous that they didn't know this first, and Ryan may be better than Daum, or may not be better than Daum, and besides, one is better as a possession receiver and the other can get better separation.

Is that about right?

So essentially it's just like every other thread...ever....on egriz.

Hammer - I respect your stance on the EK festival.

I only went one night because of the world record entertainment, and socializing with friends. I also enjoyed seeing Colt Anderson and Rob O'Neil throwing a fundraiser for the event at Headframe Spirits. Those two guys are class acts, and give back to the community.

AllWeatherFan said:

Is that about right?
:lol:

If there's someone up tight to jam Daum, you've created space for others. And, isn't it Offensive Football 101 to put a guy like that in motion to avoid the jam?

mtgriz said:
If there's someone up tight to jam Daum, you've created space for others. And, isn't it Offensive Football 101 to put a guy like that in motion to avoid the jam?

It'll be fun to watch him run the fly sweep. Lots of fun.

Feel free to mark my words....he is not ready and needs a year before playing, or will in reality waste a year.

Back