• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Expectations for this season

sdk.catfish said:
Post by jodcon » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:02 pm

I expect to drop at least 20 F-bombs a game this year. Which compares closely to last year.

Is that an forecast average or a mandatory 20 per game? I was kind of hoping to limit it to 8 per game for Valparaiso and Savannah State, saving up a few more for the tougher games.

Good question, I'd say composite average, peaks and valleys depending on the actual results compared to the anticipated game flow. Of course there are variables, for instance a close game with Savannah State would yield many more obscenities than a close game with EWU.

I'm sure Wahlberg has a graph to explain it all.

by jodcon » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:40 pm

sdk.catfish wrote: ↑Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:47 am
Post by jodcon » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:02 pm

Good question, I'd say composite average, peaks and valleys depending on the actual results compared to the anticipated game flow. Of course there are variables, for instance a close game with Savannah State would yield many more obscenities than a close game with EWU.

I'm sure Wahlberg has a graph to explain it all.

This response from jodcon should be what egriz is all about :clap:

Spanky said:
Til I die: we will see. Northern Colorado and Montana State were both Division 2 level opponents last year.

Really? Come on Spanky. You sound ridiculous with this post. SImply ridiculous. Every damn poster on egriz (absent the MSU fans) knows state has been D2 for some time now.

Unread post by Copper Griz » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:07 pm

Spanky wrote: ↑Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:58 pm
Til I die: we will see. Northern Colorado and Montana State were both Division 2 level opponents last year.
Really? Come on Spanky. You sound ridiculous with this post. SImply ridiculous. Every damn poster on egriz (absent the MSU fans) knows state has been D2 for some time now.

Given the debacle last November where does that put us?

BWahlberg said:
We will lose to Hellgate by 30 and the champions center will be recommissioned and revealed as the Royce Engstrom advanced school for college administrative studies

Bahahaha. :clap: That made me laugh so hard I coughed up food from a week ago.

SoldierGriz said:
AZDoc said:
ordigger said:
I'll drop my prediction to 9-2, although even if we go 5-6 - Stitt will be back for one more year. Guaranteed.....for all you haters out there.

I'm leaving mine at 8-3, and agree that he should get 1 more year no matter what. It's crazy how polarizing Stitt is to people. You either love him or hate him.

I'm sure a few "hate" Stitt. I don't know anyone who "loves" him. I think most are hoping for improving results...That's where I'm at.

I love Stitt.

I think the Griz talent hasn't gotten it done.

As Hall of Famer Chris Carter stated on national tv, "It's not about the X and O's, it's about the Willies and the Joes! And if I have the better Willies and Joes, I am going to beat you."

kemajic said:
Spanky said:
Many talk about an improved defense this year and I hope they are correct. I haven't seen any discussion about Special Teams. Do the insiders see an improvement with Special Teams?
Depends a lot on whether the HC is increasing his priority on special teams. I'm not an insider, but I have seen little change.

The signing of Flowers is a sign of big things to come on special teams return, if we can get some guys to block. He is a top hurdler in the country.

I liked some things I saw in the Griz this spring. Stitt and Staff are coming into their 3rd season, and it's common for fans to start liking a new coach year 3, 4 and 5.

IntuitiveGriz said:
SoldierGriz said:
AZDoc said:
ordigger said:
I'll drop my prediction to 9-2, although even if we go 5-6 - Stitt will be back for one more year. Guaranteed.....for all you haters out there.

I'm leaving mine at 8-3, and agree that he should get 1 more year no matter what. It's crazy how polarizing Stitt is to people. You either love him or hate him.

I'm sure a few "hate" Stitt. I don't know anyone who "loves" him. I think most are hoping for improving results...That's where I'm at.

I love Stitt.

I think the Griz talent hasn't gotten it done.

As Hall of Famer Chris Carter stated on national tv, "It's not about the X and O's, it's about the Willies and the Joes! And if I have the better Willies and Joes, I am going to beat you."

Thanks Bob.

IntuitiveGriz said:
kemajic said:
Spanky said:
Many talk about an improved defense this year and I hope they are correct. I haven't seen any discussion about Special Teams. Do the insiders see an improvement with Special Teams?
Depends a lot on whether the HC is increasing his priority on special teams. I'm not an insider, but I have seen little change.

The signing of Flowers is a sign of big things to come on special teams return, if we can get some guys to block. He is a top hurdler in the country.
The problem on special teams goes WELL beyond the talent level of the players.

9/2/17 Valparaiso WIN
9/9/17 at Washington LOSS
9/16/17 Savannah State WIN
9/23/17 Eastern Washington WIN
9/30/17 at Portland State WIN
10/7/17 at Idaho State WIN
10/14/17 North Dakota WIN
10/28/17 at Weber State LOSS
11/4/17 Northern Arizona WIN
11/11/17 Northern Colorado WIN
11/18/17 at Montana State WIN

9-2 - Mainly because of how the schedule shakes out and when/who we play at home. I'm actually more concerned about UND at home than EWU. I think if they finish 9-2 you're looking at a top 8 seed and a bye in the playoffs. Ultimately, you have to hope that the Griz will learn from their painful lessons a season ago and play through the whole season and not overlook any games.

Grizzly Oredigger said:
9/2/17 Valparaiso WIN
9/9/17 at Washington LOSS
9/16/17 Savannah State WIN
9/23/17 Eastern Washington WIN
9/30/17 at Portland State WIN
10/7/17 at Idaho State WIN
10/14/17 North Dakota WIN
10/28/17 at Weber State LOSS
11/4/17 Northern Arizona WIN
11/11/17 Northern Colorado WIN
11/18/17 at Montana State WIN

9-2 - Mainly because of how the schedule shakes out and when/who we play at home. I'm actually more concerned about UND at home than EWU. I think if they finish 9-2 you're looking at a top 8 seed and a bye in the playoffs. Ultimately, you have to hope that the Griz will learn from their painful lessons a season ago and play through the whole season and not overlook any games.

Whats the rational behind the Weber loss? I didn't know they were expected to be good this year?

ordigger said:
If the Griz go 5-6 this year Stitt is gone. Guaranteed. And Coach knows this. Why? Because it has been laid out for him by the AD. The goal is 7-4, beat the Cats, make the playoffs and win a playoff game. Get three of the four accomplished and he stays, guaranteed. If the season record is 5-6 we don't make the playoffs and therefore can't win a playoff game. The only gray area is we go 7-4 with a win vs Bozo but somehow don't make the playoffs. Then it's gonna be decision time for Kent. Coach IS on the hot seat and he knows it.

Griz90 said:
ordigger said:
If the Griz go 5-6 this year Stitt is gone. Guaranteed. And Coach knows this. Why? Because it has been laid out for him by the AD. The goal is 7-4, beat the Cats, make the playoffs and win a playoff game. Get three of the four accomplished and he stays, guaranteed. If the season record is 5-6 we don't make the playoffs and therefore can't win a playoff game. The only gray area is we go 7-4 with a win vs Bozo but somehow don't make the playoffs. Then it's gonna be decision time for Kent. Coach IS on the hot seat and he knows it.
I hope coach stitt and staff have a great season I think the talent they are bringing in and this staff could do some special things these next few seasons. Starting over would be brutal

The Engstrom sellout coupled with hiring BandAid Mick left a deep state mindset with too much me first attitudes, on top of well documented recruiting deficiencies. Luckily, players are not like moles in the federal career executive core and can be cut or lose playing eligibility, so Stitt can get his guys in much earlier than a new president. Those players committed to his coaching style now dominate the team. I consider this year the equivalent to the first year of an elevated assistant coach. While success this year is needed, I'm not so sure the review criteria are the same as those generally espoused here. Unless the team stops playing for him this year he will get year 4.

horribilisfan8184 said:
The Engstrom sellout coupled with hiring BandAid Mick left a deep state mindset with too much me first attitudes, on top of well documented recruiting deficiencies. Luckily, players are not like moles in the federal career executive core and can be cut or lose playing eligibility, so Stitt can get his guys in much earlier than a new president. Those players committed to his coaching style now dominate the team. I consider this year the equivalent to the first year of an elevated assistant coach. While success this year is needed, I'm not so sure the review criteria are the same as those generally espoused here. Unless the team stops playing for him this year he will get year 4.

I think he SHOULD get year 4, and at that point an 8 win season is needed for him to continue. This season, they have a guaranteed L week 2, with 2 "guaranteed" wins. That means this year, really needs to go 5-3 in the other games if 7-4 is this years goal. I think obtainable, but also agree this is really a first year with "his guys" that fit and buy in. Let's face it...they've recruited well since he's been here. That should show the administration that next year is the year for a decent playoff run.
Whether you like him or not, his style is more difficult to mold kids into and really need to recruit for it, vs a run first, play action group. If they become anything like the offenses at mines, even remotely, with a solid defense, they could be very very good. They also could be predictable, boring, and get azzes kicked.

I'm still sticking with my prediction of 10-1 or 9-2. 2 months ago when I first posted this, one of the biggest concerns fans had was no depth at RB behind Calhoun, then a month later, we get Alijah Lee. That's got to make a lot of people on egriz feel a lot better, including me. Now we have just over 2 months to improve the O line, (and who knows, maybe improvements have already been made that we don't know about) and I think come game day, we will see a drastic improvement in not only the O line, but the entire team. Get ready for special season griz nation.

Griz90 said:
ordigger said:

No....but I wont argue semantics or contacts. Stitt would have to fall of the wagon hard to not be here the following year. But doesn't matter as this team is going to win....alot.

Latest posts

Back