• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Fire Mick D.

In the event anyone wonders, or cares, I quit posting on this board when UM quit playing FB. I will stop by next year and see if UM hires a FB coach. oh yea, almost forgot :thumb:

Grizbacker1 said:
In the event anyone wonders, or cares, I quit posting on this board when UM quit playing FB. I will stop by next year and see if UM hires a FB coach. oh yea, almost forgot :thumb:

You should stick around, GB1. Sunshine is back and I'm sure it won't be long before he calls you Jizzpacker1 again and tells you to not to quit your job as a fry cook.

Grizbacker1 said:

Didn't wonder and sure as hell don't care, now go away.

Grizbacker1 said:

Oh good lord.... The d line and linebackers gave up 420+ rushing yards.... you fools keep blaming this on Mick D??... :thumb:

Mediocre offense, mediocre defense and horrible special teams. That's what we got. The Griz can't beat a playoff caliber team, and I don't think they ever have under Delaney. Being slightly above average is pretty much the ceiling for Delaney's teams.

ButteRhat said:
Oh good lord.... The d line and linebackers gave up 420+ rushing yards.... you fools keep blaming this on Mick D??... :thumb:

Yes, of course that's his defense that gave up those yards. Jeezus are you serious, of course we blame the guy in charge.

Zootown Rox said:
ButteRhat said:

Yes, of course that's his defense that gave up those yards. Jeezus are you serious, of course we blame the guy in charge.

When a Pop Warner team could run through your d-line, it is not the coaches... it is the "talent"

CDAGRIZ said:
havgrizfan said:
One of the people Jordan Johnson is closest to in Missoula Montana is Mick Delaney. Period

I'm pretty close with my wife, but I very often question her decisions. Just sayin'.

+1

Well said CDA, funny and so true! Add to that, being relieved of her wife role is not out of the realm of possibility. Most relationships (the exception of course being your children) are fully conditional. Most grown-ups get this without needing to be clued in. :lol:

PlayerRep said:
BCFan007 said:
Mick Delaney is a horrible football coach. Back in the 60s maybe he could've held his own but these days he is about as useless (and looks like) a bag of potatoes. A staple of Delaney coached team is NO, ZERO, ZILCH in game adjustments and a predictabillity in playcalling that dooms the team and innocent student-athletes. The only reason he was hired was the program was under a state of investigation and the one thing u want in a coach at such a time is someone who has absolutely no intimidation factor, and someone who is good enough to not look like you're throwing the games, but you don't win anything at all. Addressing the statement that JJ or any player for that matter would, "run thru a brick wall" for Mick Delaney? Simply preposterous. It's why u see quality players fleeing the program and recruiting classes that look like the roll call of a NAIA synchronized swimming team. NFL Draft analysts the last few years have described UM prospects as: "poorly coached," "mismanaged talent," and "extremely raw due to program turmoil." Very sad. I've got news for the imbecile Haslam and the senile, high school team manager quality Mick "Dumbass" Delaney. This program is past the NCAA investigation, we can proceed back to trying from the TOP-down.

Growler, is that you?

I think Growler is the character.

statler & waldorf said:
What are the odds Engstrom offers Delaney and staff a three year extension? :shock:

About the same odds as Delaney and staff winning the national championship this season.

statler & waldorf said:
What are the odds Engstrom offers Delaney and staff a three year extension? :shock:

Pretty good I would think. Engstrom doesn't care about the football team, he cares about covering his butt. That's why he fired the previous HC and AD in the first place. Haslam is uninspiring to say the least and Delaney is a non-entity. The problems with this program start with Engstrom.

AZGrizFan said:
havgrizfan said:
Yellowstone, you should know by now that Egriz is the haven for "I DESERVE MY CAKE AND EAT IT TOO" LOL. What some posters want is the Griz to go 9-3 now, get to the semifinals or better and STILL have Mick Delaney burned at the stake in front of main hall on the final day of classes before winter break. THAT scenario is THE ONLY scenario that would satisfy a select group of posters on here.

Tokyo, is that you? :lol: :lol:

Where is Tokyo? I miss the days of tar, feathers, and pitchforks.

ButteRhat said:
Zootown Rox said:
ButteRhat said:

When a Pop Warner team could run through your d-line, it is not the coaches... it is the "talent"

I forgot that Griz football is like Pop Warner...any kid can sign-up and they all must play. Only if the coaches could, you know, get guys they want.

I don't understand why we didn't throw it into the end zone at the end of the half vs Cal Poly. Even with 7 sec to go, you can run a pass play with timeouts remaining for a shot at a FG. Continued bad decision making.

umfootball said:
I don't understand why we didn't throw it into the end zone at the end of the half vs Cal Poly. Even with 7 sec to go, you can run a pass play with timeouts remaining for a shot at a FG. Continued bad decision making.

Field goals win football games...

havgrizfan said:
Yellowstone, you should know by now that Egriz is the haven for "I DESERVE MY CAKE AND EAT IT TOO" LOL. What some posters want is the Griz to go 9-3 now, get to the semifinals or better and STILL have Mick Delaney burned at the stake in front of main hall on the final day of classes before winter break. THAT scenario is THE ONLY scenario that would satisfy a select group of posters on here.

Kinda sad, but also spot on.

Back