• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz a 15 point under dog to the Bison!

The noise level will be similar to what we see at Ohio State. It will be every bit as loud, where you couldn't hear yourself think,thats how loud jack trice stadium gets" Ferentz said.

54,000 were beyond loud when they were up 14-0 Carson Wentz calmly walked down the field time & time again.

rinse lather repeat or something.

GrizLA said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Bisonation said:
Carson Wentz hasn't played in that atmosphere? 64,000 at Iowa State down 14-0 with a crowd much much much louder than you.

I certainly hope he thinks that! He hasn't played in an atmosphere like WA-Griz, trust me, kiddo.
The "atmosphere" at UM is not such a big deal to a team that has won 3 national titles in 3 years, played in Big 10 houses, and has rabid fans of their own. I've been to games at Wash=Griz and while occasionally loud, not a big deal. In fact, most of the stadium is dull and absent for much of the game...sorry, but sooner or later you have to win the big ones. NDSU has been doing that for some time now.

Give it a rest, California girl. You probably went to a D-II game in early September. No shit the place isn't going to be rocking for that.

CV Griz Fan said:
rocklobster said:
I think it's high (and so is the guy who predicted it)! I suppose with the new coach, new QB, and it's NDSU-it's understandable. I personally think it's gonna be closer. It's not time to predict a score, so I won't.
However, the Griz held them to 22 points last year-in Fargo! They bent a lot-but didn't break! And that was with a mediocre offensive game. It may be a pipe dream-THE ICEMAN COMETH-but this may be a scenario where an over-confident Bison team loses their first game. Of course, I may be wrong and Alpha will tell me I'm full of crap-because that's what he does-but this sets up as an App. St. game!

Reason for being a 15 point dog at home.......
Last year

Montana First Downs 9 NDSU 24
Montana Total Plays 48 NDSU 79
Montana Total Yards 256 NDSU 447
Montana Rushing Yards 68 NDSU 280
Montana TOP 20:54 NDSU 39:06

Plus new coach, system etc.

Ironically, your LAST statement makes all the stats from last year completely irrelevant.

Lets hope a new offense and philosophy keeps our D off the field, thus, the only marching Wentz will do is down the sidelines cheering on his defense.

signedbewildered said:
first game of the year, new coach, qb and system against three time consecutive champs and what not.
Did you snooze for a whole year? NDSU has won 4 NCs in a row.

I fully expect NDSU to win this game. They have the bulk of an offense coming back from last year which moved the ball at will and controlled the game.

With that being said, I would be extremely surprised if it is a 15 point plus Bison win. If that happens I think you are likely looking at either a very long season for the Griz or another deep playoff run for the Bison.

Bisonation said:
The noise level will be similar to what we see at Ohio State. It will be every bit as loud, where you couldn't hear yourself think,thats how loud jack trice stadium gets" Ferentz said.

54,000 were beyond loud when they were up 14-0 Carson Wentz calmly walked down the field time & time again.

The performance against ISU was admirable, but there was little pressure on NDSU. The pressure was all on the other side; I suspect this contributes to your success against FBS teams. You have nothing to lose and can be cool with no fear of losing. Here it's Montana as a 15 point underdog and little to lose.

2011BisonAlumni said:
With that being said, I would be extremely surprised if it is a 15 point plus Bison win. If that happens I think you are likely looking at either a very long season for the Griz or another deep playoff run for the Bison.
The latter for sure; the former not so much. Our best seasons were marred by early season losses.

Bisonation said:

Unless I'm missing something you've never played Ohio State. And if you've been to a game there, that's fine. I live in Ohio currently and go to at least one Buckeyes game a year. Washington-Grizzly doesn't even come close to comparing in noise level. The student section alone at Ohio Stadium is over 23,000 seats.

C'mon man.

Willie said:
Bisonation said:

Unless I'm missing something you've never played Ohio State. And if you've been to a game there, that's fine. I live in Ohio currently and go to at least one Buckeyes game a year. Washington-Grizzly doesn't even come close to comparing in noise level. The student section alone at Ohio Stadium is over 23,000 seats.

C'mon man.

Great. Someone has debunked the "loud" thing, what's next, Columbus is colder than Missoula? WTF.

Who cares about the noise level? As far as being an under dog is concerned, does that surprise anyone? North Dakota State is a power house football program, but the last time I checked, favorite teams don't always win.

Bisonation said:

Iowa State lost many starters, and played like sh!t.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BTM5XkstOU[/youtube]

The GRIZ are going to beat ndsu.

Latest posts

Back