• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz a 15 point under dog to the Bison!

putter said:
Lets hope a new offense and philosophy keeps our D off the field, thus, the only marching Wentz will do is down the sidelines cheering on his defense.

:lol: :clap:

And with nsdu losing a sh!t-ton off of their D from last year, the newbies are in for quite a day in WA-GRIZ.

kemajic said:
GrizLA said:
CDAGRIZ said:
The "atmosphere" at UM is not such a big deal to a team that has won 3 national titles in 3 years
Or even a team that has won 4 NCS in the last 4 years?

I'm aware thank you. Does no one have a sense of humor? Usually it's Bison fans that are first to correct me. Looking forward to NDUSD to come to town. It's gonna be cold and loud.

kemajic said:
The performance against ISU was admirable, but there was little pressure on NDSU. The pressure was all on the other side; I suspect this contributes to your success against FBS teams. You have nothing to lose and can be cool with no fear of losing. Here it's Montana as a 15 point underdog and little to lose.

The flip side is that for the last three years, all of the pressure has been on NDSU when they play FCS teams, at home or on the road.

They've seemed to handle the pressure just fine.

Willie said:
Bisonation said:
The noise level will be similar to what we see at Ohio State. It will be every bit as loud, where you couldn't hear yourself think,thats how loud jack trice stadium gets" Ferentz said.

54,000 were beyond loud when they were up 14-0 Carson Wentz calmly walked down the field time & time again.

rinse lather repeat or something.
Unless I'm missing something you've never played Ohio State. And if you've been to a game there, that's fine. I live in Ohio currently and go to at least one Buckeyes game a year. Washington-Grizzly doesn't even come close to comparing in noise level. The student section alone at Ohio Stadium is over 23,000 seats.

C'mon man.

Willy, I took an Ohio State Alum and season ticket holder since 1970 to the Cal Poly at the Griz 2 seasons ago when the Griz won in OT. The guy said that it was just as loud at WaGriz with 28k as the shoe is with 100k. He called his sister on his cell phone on the way back to the motel and he had to repeat it to her 3 times, cuz she just couldn't comprehend that 28k could be as loud as 100k. He ended the conversation by saying sis, you will just have to come and hear for yourself if you don't believe me.

I say 24 points wins this game. Our D will keep it close, our O has to score some points. We score 24 points I think we have a great shot to win this game. I will take the Griz and 15 points in a bet any day.

signedbewildered said:
It's gonna be cold and loud.

Actually probably hot and loud, and maybe a little smoky...probably a bad combination for the larger, unhealthy fans. :-|

AZGrizFan said:
CV Griz Fan said:
rocklobster said:
I think it's high (and so is the guy who predicted it)! I suppose with the new coach, new QB, and it's NDSU-it's understandable. I personally think it's gonna be closer. It's not time to predict a score, so I won't.
However, the Griz held them to 22 points last year-in Fargo! They bent a lot-but didn't break! And that was with a mediocre offensive game. It may be a pipe dream-THE ICEMAN COMETH-but this may be a scenario where an over-confident Bison team loses their first game. Of course, I may be wrong and Alpha will tell me I'm full of crap-because that's what he does-but this sets up as an App. St. game!

Reason for being a 15 point dog at home.......
Last year

Montana First Downs 9 NDSU 24
Montana Total Plays 48 NDSU 79
Montana Total Yards 256 NDSU 447
Montana Rushing Yards 68 NDSU 280
Montana TOP 20:54 NDSU 39:06

Plus new coach, system etc.

Ironically, your LAST statement makes all the stats from last year completely irrelevant.

Maybe true. What was the betting line last year? Does it compare?

I make it a point not to bet on Griz games. I have enough rooting interest without it.

Exception made here. Free money is free money after all.

CV Griz Fan said:
AZGrizFan said:
CV Griz Fan said:
rocklobster said:
I think it's high (and so is the guy who predicted it)! I suppose with the new coach, new QB, and it's NDSU-it's understandable. I personally think it's gonna be closer. It's not time to predict a score, so I won't.
However, the Griz held them to 22 points last year-in Fargo! They bent a lot-but didn't break! And that was with a mediocre offensive game. It may be a pipe dream-THE ICEMAN COMETH-but this may be a scenario where an over-confident Bison team loses their first game. Of course, I may be wrong and Alpha will tell me I'm full of crap-because that's what he does-but this sets up as an App. St. game!

Reason for being a 15 point dog at home.......
Last year

Montana First Downs 9 NDSU 24
Montana Total Plays 48 NDSU 79
Montana Total Yards 256 NDSU 447
Montana Rushing Yards 68 NDSU 280
Montana TOP 20:54 NDSU 39:06

Plus new coach, system etc.

Ironically, your LAST statement makes all the stats from last year completely irrelevant.

Maybe true. What was the betting line last year? Does it compare?

I believe it's higher this year than last. But I believe the Griz covered last year as well.

Bisonation said:
last years betting line was NDSU -18 and if NDSU converts 2 of the 5 FG"s into TD's ,they cover.

So, did they cover, or not? I think if UM would have converted 3 drives into TDs, the T-Buffs would have lost. And then, if the NFL called UM up to the NFC West (obviously due to the impressive win over the NFL-ready T-Buffs), and the Griz would have converted all drives into TDs, they might have had the opportunity to pass on the last play of the game from the 1 yard line! Imagine that!

Why is it that every opposing fan base that posts here get to talk about IF. "If we make FG's" "If Prukop doesn't bust up his knee" "IF IF IF" But any "what ifs" a Griz fan has EVER posted gets absolutely crucified by opposing fan bases who post here. OH the irony.

havgrizfan said:
Why is it that every opposing fan base that posts here get to talk about IF. "If we make FG's" "If Prukop doesn't bust up his knee" "IF IF IF" But any "what ifs" a Griz fan has EVER posted gets absolutely crucified by opposing fan bases who post here. OH the irony.

Just hold on there, Hav. They haven't crucified my "what if" above yet. A few more hours without challenge, and it might as well be fact. See, e.g., 1984.

CDAGRIZ said:
havgrizfan said:

Just hold on there, Hav. They haven't crucified my "what if" above yet. A few more hours without challenge, and it might as well be fact. See, e.g., 1984.

The woulda', shoulda', coulda' crowd reside in all fan bases......the Griz certainly have their share of these type of fans.

CV Griz Fan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
havgrizfan said:

The woulda', shoulda', coulda' crowd reside in all fan bases......the Griz certainly have their share of these type of fans.
Uhhh, you missed the point...

Grisly Fan said:
CV Griz Fan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
havgrizfan said:

Not really.....the "what if" Griz fans were in full force after last year's NDSU game. Nobody crucified anybody from what I remember.
At the end of the day, these type fans are ever present.

CV Griz Fan said:
Grisly Fan said:
CV Griz Fan said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Not really.....the "what if" Griz fans were in full force after last year's NDSU game. Nobody crucified anybody from what I remember.
At the end of the day, these type fans are ever present.

You're confusing them with the "if only" crowd.

Latest posts

Back