• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz QB

because gus and wyer are such good young men, I selfishly want them to be part of this team in some way......but unless they can be a dual threat, not much chance....they both have the arms and brains.....maybe they can learn another position, or I may just be dreaming......I know one thing for sure, both were extra ordinary out of high school, but looks like there no place for them ......

bgbigdog said:
Umista said:
Our QB "problem" is similar to complaining about having to pay a high amount of income taxes.

You are awash with cash and others are envious but none give a damn about your "problem"

Right now we are in great shape QB wise. Spring practice will begin soon and at that point the situation will begin to get sorted out. At this point we are practice guessing, one is as good as another so guess away!

Would love to be awash in Canadian dollars, but an alternative minimum tax would scare me @ this point. Love to be awash in QB's, can't say anything looks like a problem from here.
At a 20 % prem. I keep sending what cash I can swipe from U Yanks, up North. Taxes in Canada at first glance are high. However make a few bucks and it is way lower than US at tax time

I'm going with Will Weyer. Looks like a man among boys; and the only time we've won national championships is when a native Montanan was under center.

dub said:
I'm going with Will Weyer. Looks like a man among boys; and the only time we've won national championships is when a native Montanan was under center.
I'm sure that's the only reason we won, too.

Umista said:
bgbigdog said:
Umista said:
Our QB "problem" is similar to complaining about having to pay a high amount of income taxes.

You are awash with cash and others are envious but none give a damn about your "problem"

Right now we are in great shape QB wise. Spring practice will begin soon and at that point the situation will begin to get sorted out. At this point we are practice guessing, one is as good as another so guess away!

Would love to be awash in Canadian dollars, but an alternative minimum tax would scare me @ this point. Love to be awash in QB's, can't say anything looks like a problem from here.
At a 20 % prem. I keep sending what cash I can swipe from U Yanks, up North. Taxes in Canada at first glance are high. However make a few bucks and it is way lower than US at tax time
The tax on a bottle of whiskey is enough to scare me off. And the last time I was in Toronto, the sales tax was over 14%.

To get back on track; I think Stitt is going to love Chalich.

Gus & Will most likely transfer out if they want to play under center. You all can say what you want but I still question why i the sam hell did Simis not get more time last year in preparation for what was to come.

I believe Chalich, Prater and Simis will battle for the spot. The Plfug kid could be the spoiler later in the season if he dont redshirt. You all know that Gus & Weyer should look elsewhere. I love the MT kids but our best guy is from out of state.

I just want to return to being the feared whoop ass football machine that we feel in love with. It actually feels like we could be closer to that more so now than since Hauck left. Fear not boys, y'all know what this is gonna be a nice ride if everyone can stay reasonably health.

Hank Williams Jr just went through my head right now...y'all ready...I sure as hell is!

Willie "the Shake" Pflug should play all 120 plays of every game in the next four years.

Unless Simis or Chalich or Prater is better in practice. Stitt will know what to do.

BigPawzSharpClawz said:
Gus & Will most likely transfer out if they want to play under center. You all can say what you want but I still question why i the sam hell did Simis not get more time last year in preparation for what was to come.

I believe Chalich, Prater and Simis will battle for the spot. The Plfug kid could be the spoiler later in the season if he dont redshirt. You all know that Gus & Weyer should look elsewhere. I love the MT kids but our best guy is from out of state.

I just want to return to being the feared whoop ass football machine that we feel in love with. It actually feels like we could be closer to that more so now than since Hauck left. Fear not boys, y'all know what this is gonna be a nice ride if everyone can stay reasonably health.

Hank Williams Jr just went through my head right now...y'all ready...I sure as hell is!

When exactly do you believe he should have played?

grizindabox said:
BigPawzSharpClawz said:

When exactly do you believe he should have played?

IMO, the 4th Q's of the Sac St game, the SUU game, the msu game, and the San Diego game.

I am far from being a football coach. But if I have young QBs such as frosh or sophs I put the kids in for experience thinking down the road into the next season. As mentioned I play the young during games we are far ahead. That includes all players at all positions. Don Reed mentioned to me that certain kids are gamers. You don't quite know what you have until you put them in the game. One kid I remember was Marvin Turk, wow was he a gamer or what. And of course Super Dave.

Put me in coach I'm ready to play.....

Umista said:
I am far from being a football coach. But if I have young QBs such as frosh or sophs I put the kids in for experience thinking down the road into the next season. As mentioned I play the young during games we are far ahead. That includes all players at all positions. Don Reed mentioned to me that certain kids are gamers. You don't quite know what you have until you put them in the game. One kid I remember was Marvin Turk, wow was he a gamer or what. And of course Super Dave.

who's Don Reed?

Umista said:

Kaanongatta too. The minute Breske put him in as a true Freshman he started de-cleating people.

I believe, as most, that the Griz QB position is LOADED with talent. One could argue it's the most talented postion on the team, and I wouldn't even blink.

This is the University of Montana. Once called a QB U. Looks like it will be earning that moniker a littler more going forward. :clap:

So people think it is a big deal that Simis did not get some practice handing the ball off during the mop-up period of a few games...

The QB position is a big question mark.

We may have some great athletes at position but to be honest none have really been tested.

and don't tell me that kid from Idaho that is coming in has been tested cause he hasn't. If he was the real deal then he would still be starting at Idaho. Same goes for Prater.

We are very green at the QB position.. imo

grizcountry420 said:
The QB position is a big question mark.

We may have some great athletes at position but to be honest none have really been tested.

and don't tell me that kid from Idaho that is coming in has been tested cause he hasn't. If he was the real deal then he would still be starting at Idaho. Same goes for Prater.

We are very green at the QB position.. imo

From what I heard from some Vandal fans, Linehan (sp?) starting was pretty political and the main reason why Chalich left. Maybe someone more familiar with Idaho can confirm this, one way or the other. :thumb:

Back