• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz QB

Trent Dilfer, from Wikipedia.

Dilfer's game stats were 12 completions for 153 yards and 1 TD.[2] Dilfer was described as a game manager quarterback for the Ravens that season: He "wasn't elite, but he didn't make costly mistakes, and was supported by a dominant defense."

Sound familiar?

I don't remember Edwards stats that game but I know they were something similar. Yo provided most of the offense. Griz O only scored 13 points in that game so without an awesome D that would have been a loss.

Hammer said:
Trent Dilfer, from Wikipedia.

Dilfer's game stats were 12 completions for 153 yards and 1 TD.[2] Dilfer was described as a game manager quarterback for the Ravens that season: He "wasn't elite, but he didn't make costly mistakes, and was supported by a dominant defense."

Sound familiar?

I don't remember Edwards stats that game but I know they were something similar. Yo provided most of the offense. Griz O only scored 13 points in that game so without an awesome D that would have been a loss.

The 16 play, 99 yard drive was Johnny Montana's legacy. The stats weren't sterling, but he was effective when he needed to be. Yo & the defense carried that day.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
26-4

That is the only stat I need
The early 90's Cowboys won a s***ton of games and some national championships...but that was ALL O-line and Emmitt Smith. I'm not arguing that Edwards wasn't a good QB, but there's more to it than 26-4. I was a bit too young to really remember much of Edwards, but from the sounds of things Berguist, JJ, and in my opinion Andrew Selle all were of equal to possibly greater caliber.

Edwards did what he had to win the games, if he would have needed to throw for 350 and 6TDs he would have. He knew what kind of defense he had, so he played to their strength.

26-4

:coffee:

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Edwards did what he had to win the games, if he would have needed to throw for 350 and 6TDs he would have. He knew what kind of defense he had, so he played to their strength.

26-4

Wish he would have thrown for 350 and 6 td's against McNeese in the playoffs in 02.

Seems like Edwards had more come from behind wins than anyone. When Johnny Montana was in the game you just knew the Griz were going to win - till he got hurt at Albi. It was the day the music died.

Raider said:
Our most maligned QB in the last 20 years is also the last one to bring home a NC, and people are actually fucking stupid enough to believe he had “little” to do with winning and he started because of his dad’s money.

Yep, there is Griz Nation for ya.

Oh, come on. There's no WAY he's more maligned than either Washington or the transfer from Oregon...

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

26-4

Haha I'm sorry but you are AWFUL at proving your point.

brewskis said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

26-4

I don't need to prove anything, the 2001 National Championship trophy is in the case and does all the talking.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
brewskis said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

26-4

I don't need to prove anything, the 2001 National Championship trophy is in the case and does all the talking.
Sure. And that alone makes Edwards a better QB than any other one we've had since, Yo Humphrey better than Chase Reynolds, and their kicker better than Dan Carpenter.

AZGrizFan said:
Raider said:
Our most maligned QB in the last 20 years is also the last one to bring home a NC, and people are actually f***[*] stupid enough to believe he had “little” to do with winning and he started because of his dad’s money.

Yep, there is Griz Nation for ya.

Oh, come on. There's no WAY he's more maligned than either Washington or the transfer from Oregon...

I'd rank 'em:

1. Roper
2. Washington

But those guys deserved to get maligned. I'll never forget Over thRoper standing there just STARING at his own fumble as it rolled around on the ground at eastern because he was too much of a nancy to get on the ground after it.

Are you really going to argue against a 26-4 record and a National Championship?

You can do all the semantics and player manipulation you want but the fact is the guy won games, he did it in the state AA championship and in the 1AA National Championship game. (Almost 2 in a row)

If you are going to argue against those credentials then you are ABSOLUTELY posting on the right fan forum.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Are you really going to argue against a 26-4 record and a National Championship?

You can do all the semantics and player manipulation you want but the fact is the guy won games, he did it in the state AA championship and in the 1AA National Championship game. (Almost 2 in a row)

If you are going to argue against those credentials then you are ABSOLUTELY posting on the right fan forum.

Why do you keep downplaying the importance of stats and individual honors? Nobody will care who won the title in 20 years but throwing for 5000 yards...that shit lives in infamy.

Back