• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz QB

mtgrizrule said:
grizcountry420 said:
The QB position is a big question mark.

We may have some great athletes at position but to be honest none have really been tested.

and don't tell me that kid from Idaho that is coming in has been tested cause he hasn't. If he was the real deal then he would still be starting at Idaho. Same goes for Prater.

We are very green at the QB position.. imo

From what I heard from some Vandal fans, Linehan (sp?) starting was pretty political and the main reason why Chalich left. Maybe someone more familiar with Idaho can confirm this, one way or the other. :thumb:

Damn politics.. We'll see i guess. I am staying optimistic about it though. Cause i want to be back on top of the standing just like everyone else..

:thumb:

grizindabox said:
So people think it is a big deal that Simis did not get some practice handing the ball off during the mop-up period of a few games...

You obviously never played the game.

From a mental standpoint, just taking snaps from center and handing it off in a real game goes a long way in building confidence. If you don't get that you are dumber than I thought.

Hammer said:
grizindabox said:
So people think it is a big deal that Simis did not get some practice handing the ball off during the mop-up period of a few games...

From a mental standpoint, just taking snaps from center and handing it off in a real game goes a long way in building confidence. If you don't get that you are dumber than I thought.

I think Hammer forgot to login under his other user name....

Also, I have played the game, and if a dozen snaps is the difference, then maybe he is not the right guy...

grizindabox said:
Hammer said:
grizindabox said:

Also, I have played the game, and if a dozen snaps is the difference, then maybe he is not the right guy...

8th grade flag football doesn't count! :shock:

Hammer said:
grizindabox said:
Hammer said:
grizindabox said:

8th grade flag football doesn't count! :shock:

well shucks....

DuCharme said:
grizindabox said:
BigPawzSharpClawz said:
Gus & Will most likely transfer out if they want to play under center. You all can say what you want but I still question why i the sam hell did Simis not get more time last year in preparation for what was to come.

I believe Chalich, Prater and Simis will battle for the spot. The Plfug kid could be the spoiler later in the season if he dont redshirt. You all know that Gus & Weyer should look elsewhere. I love the MT kids but our best guy is from out of state.

I just want to return to being the feared whoop ass football machine that we feel in love with. It actually feels like we could be closer to that more so now than since Hauck left. Fear not boys, y'all know what this is gonna be a nice ride if everyone can stay reasonably health.

Hank Williams Jr just went through my head right now...y'all ready...I sure as hell is!

When exactly do you believe he should have played?

IMO, the 4th Q's of the Sac St game, the SUU game, the msu game, and the San Diego game.

Is it too early to nominate this jack hammer griz box for dumbest response to a post
Thanks for getting an old guys back (Mr. DuCharme)

BigPawzSharpClawz said:
DuCharme said:
grizindabox said:
BigPawzSharpClawz said:
Gus & Will most likely transfer out if they want to play under center. You all can say what you want but I still question why i the sam hell did Simis not get more time last year in preparation for what was to come.

I believe Chalich, Prater and Simis will battle for the spot. The Plfug kid could be the spoiler later in the season if he dont redshirt. You all know that Gus & Weyer should look elsewhere. I love the MT kids but our best guy is from out of state.

I just want to return to being the feared whoop ass football machine that we feel in love with. It actually feels like we could be closer to that more so now than since Hauck left. Fear not boys, y'all know what this is gonna be a nice ride if everyone can stay reasonably health.

Hank Williams Jr just went through my head right now...y'all ready...I sure as hell is!

When exactly do you believe he should have played?

IMO, the 4th Q's of the Sac St game, the SUU game, the msu game, and the San Diego game.

Is it too early to nominate this jack hammer griz box for dumbest response to a post
Thanks for getting an old guys back (Mr. DuCharme)

My point is that if the kid has what it takes then not getting a couple dozen hand offs during game action won't set him back. If the kid struggles, it will not be because he did not get in to see some mop-up duty in a couple games. But if you are the kind of guy that needed to practice a couple times so you didn't have performance anxiety the first chance you got with a sweet little lady...then I guess I can understand your concern...

There isn't as much talent at QB as a lot of you think. Just because we have 6 guys on the roster and 50% of them are REALLY average doesn't mean we have all this extra talent.

We need all the help we can get at QB, haven't had a good one since Edwards.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
There isn't as much talent at QB as a lot of you think. Just because we have 6 guys on the roster and 50% of them are REALLY average doesn't mean we have all this extra talent.

He wasn't even the best qb on the roster! Only if we had a VA !!

Damn spell check needs lubed... as Reed is Read and nod is Don on a reverse.

If only three are average QBs and the others above average we are smoking hot!
Our small sized team will be just fine at QB as we have way more good QBs than any of our BS competitors.
Not one of us knows who will come out smoking next fall but having three above average kids at QB is beyond great!
Of course all my information comes from the best Griz fan coach (Alfa1) and he ain't wrong all the time!

grizcountry420 said:
mtgrizrule said:
grizcountry420 said:
The QB position is a big question mark.

We may have some great athletes at position but to be honest none have really been tested.

and don't tell me that kid from Idaho that is coming in has been tested cause he hasn't. If he was the real deal then he would still be starting at Idaho. Same goes for Prater.

We are very green at the QB position.. imo

From what I heard from some Vandal fans, Linehan (sp?) starting was pretty political and the main reason why Chalich left. Maybe someone more familiar with Idaho can confirm this, one way or the other. :thumb:

Damn politics.. We'll see i guess. I am staying optimistic about it though. Cause i want to be back on top of the standing just like everyone else..

:thumb:

NOT An IDAHO fan but did watch him play ball in HS and soem of his college games and know a few people involved on the team. According to them Chalich never would of gotten the start over Linehan no matter how bad Linehan play got due to some connection the coach and Linehan had prior to Linehan coming to IDAHO.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

Ochs, Bergquist, JJ.

Hammer said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

Ochs, Bergquist, JJ.

Alpha's main criteria is if a QB wins the championship or not. :thumb:

After reading Alpha and da boysmom I have decided to join them and state "Prater will be the Griz QB" next season. I feel blessed I have figured it out, of course I had plenty of help.

After all Alpha is the leading Griz fan coach and mom makes a mean sandwich and neither one has played QB so that makes them a good source for me as they can look at the decision without bias.

At this time the remaining E-Grizers can begin looking for the backup now that we know who the starter is! Read EGriz and stay informed.

He lost what 3 games as a player? I love the idiots that think Neill was a better QB because he came from Wyoming. Such a stupid statement

Hammer said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

Ochs, Bergquist, JJ.

All three were better than Edwards.

Redonkuless1 said:
Hammer said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

Ochs, Bergquist, JJ.

Maybe, but Edwards got it done...

Grizo406 said:
Redonkuless1 said:
Hammer said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

Ochs, Bergquist, JJ.

The other 21 guys on the field kinda helped out.

RobGriz said:
Grizo406 said:
Redonkuless1 said:
Hammer said:
Ochs, Bergquist, JJ.

The other 21 guys on the field kinda helped out.

Exactly. I think Yo and that awesome Defense had more to do with that NC than Edwards. Edwards WAS NOT a qb who could put a team on his shoulders and carry it. He was a good QB not doubt, but was more of a game manager who didn't make mistakes.

Back