• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Idaho Coming Home....

Idaho is currently only carrying 71 scholarships, so they really only need to cut 8 next year to already be compliant.

Paytonlives said:
Catsrback76 said:
Catsrback76 said:
zengriz said:
...let it never be forgotten...
...it was fcuk Idaho long before...
...fcuk the cats was ever mentioned...

... :finger:.. :butt:.. :cool: ...

:beer: hit it again zit.

I know its hard for the kitties to hear this...

Back in the day most UM fans thought of Boise, Reno and Idaho as much bigger rivials den doz kittens.
Cants were an afterthought....

Absolutely, was there and you are so right.

In time, id will challenge for the conf title, and their fans will return as if their FCS experiment never happened. I predict in 3-4 seasons it will be the Griz and id at the top of the BSC - assuming the conf stays as is. ewu fades to historical mediocrity. cats remain irrelevant.

With their history of lackluster support both from fans as well as financially from their legislators all the while while pretending to be an FBS player in an antiquated 45 year-old quonset hut( which they mistakenly call a dome) there is only one solution to the Vandal's woes - and that's a spinal realignment!

Great to see UM in the same conference with Idaho again. I'm certain they won't be impressed with some of the current Big Sky Conference members. And, yes, state college will move even further toward the bottom of the conference where they belong.

Spanky said:
Great to see UM in the same conference with Idaho again. I'm certain they won't be impressed with some of the current Big Sky Conference members. And, yes, state college will move even further toward the bottom of the conference where they belong.

You're not paying attention.

Paytonlives said:
Catsrback76 said:
Catsrback76 said:
zengriz said:
...let it never be forgotten...
...it was fcuk Idaho long before...
...fcuk the cats was ever mentioned...

... :finger:.. :butt:.. :cool: ...

Back in the day most UM fans thought of Boise, Reno and Idaho as much bigger rivials den doz kittens.

You know that is EXACTLY how we felt about Boise, Reno and Idaho...even Weber. The fritz were a sideshow...

What is a Vandal by the way? I know Vanilla Ice raps about one on his coveted track "Ice Ice Baby".

"To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up the stage and wax a chump like a candle"

Getting rocked like a vandal doesn't sound appealing in this light. Nor does getting your chump waxed like a candle, unless she's smoking hot. Any help here? CDA??

Yukon said:
bhumble said:
What is the record between UM and Idaho over the last 30 years or so?
overall: Idaho leads 55–27–2

from 1986-2003: Montana leads 9-7

Wow. So.... are the griz Idaho's little bitch, or little bro? Also, is the "rivalry" so lopsided that it's not really a rivalry? I'm confused.

poorgriz said:
Yukon said:
bhumble said:

Wow. So.... are the griz Idaho's little bitch, or little bro? Also, is the "rivalry" so lopsided that it's not really a rivalry? I'm confused.
maybe. what's that make the cats?

poorgriz said:
Yukon said:
bhumble said:

I don't think so given these facts alone:

- we don't fire our coach when he loses to Idaho
- we don't offer 10k bonuses to our coach for beating Idaho
- we don't stew on all things Idaho all day and all night to where we lose sleep and can't eat
- we don't sit on Idaho message board and fling poop since it's all we have....every single day
- we don't lose to Idaho for 16 straight seasons yet still find eternal optimism that we will figure it out some day
- we don't cheer against Idaho in every game they play just because we are butt hurt over being bitch slapped for 16 straight years
- we don't take time out of our day away from family and kids to post on our rival message board praying for some validation.

Have a good day little brother. Kids those kids good night if you ever take a break from posting on your rival board.

Catsrback76 said:
Paytonlives said:
Catsrback76 said:

You know that is EXACTLY how we felt about Boise, Reno and Idaho...even Weber. The fritz were a sideshow...

Weber... :lol:

For someone with a Doc Holiday picture... that was a very lame comeback.

One of my best friends is a Vandal and is having a melt down. His dad, also a Vandal, is happy with the decision. As an objective observer you can make arguments for going or staying, but some of the arguments I'm hearing from the FBS crown aren't really all that true:

Attendance will drop. Many Vandal fans don't care about the Big Sky

Possibly. They may lose some attendance initially, especially if they don't win. However, I believe winning brings the crowds regardless of what level you play. Actually 6 of the 10 biggest crowds in Kibbie Dome history were before they moved up. 7 of those 10 were against Boise State, who has refused to play in Moscow even if they do stay at the FBS level. Only 1 of those games was against an FBS team not named Boise State and that team is New Mexico State, who may also drop down to the Big Sky. 2 of the 10 are against current Big Sky members. 0 were against Sun Belt members.

Dropping down will drop National Prominence

Nobody cares about Idaho football outside of the Northwest. Same can be said about the Montana schools. There are different indicators that you can reference "national exposure", but there are several indicators that show Idaho has lower national popularity than many schools with FCS programs:

Apparel/ Merchandise Sales

If you gauge prominence by national popularity and look at merchandise sales there are several colleges with FCS football programs that have outperformed Idaho. That list includes Montana, Montana State, Delaware, and James Madison. There may be more, but the list only showed the top 75. I won't include Georgetown, Villanova, and the Ivies.

Television and ESPN

Not counting ESPN 3 (because that really isn't national television coverage in my opinion), Montana outperformed Idaho last year. Idaho and Montana had several games broadcast on ESPN 3, but only Montana had a nationally televised game. NDSU had at least 2. Idaho fans may argue that their Auburn and USC games were televised to a large audience, but they got housed in those games. Not exactly the publicity you want. In contrast the UM vs NDSU game was televised in Missoula and the result created a lot of positive buzz to the program.

Quality of recruits will decline with the drop

I think even with Idaho being in the higher division, they haven't been able to sign better quality players than a lot of the Big Sky teams. In fact, I think Montana has beat out Idaho on a lot of recruits. Why? Because players want to win. Losing isn't fun and for many demoralizing.

It will jeopardize the prestige of the University

Doubt it. There are many FCS schools that are very prestigious academically. Some of those schools such as Davis and Poly are very highly ranked. Montana, UND, ISU, and Montana State are also strong academic institutions that are peers to Idaho.

Just a couple arguments from me. There may be other logical pro-FBS arguments out there, such as cutting other sports programs and layoffs that might be a negative. However, just because Idaho is dropping down, does not mean they need to drop any sports.

I'm under the opinion that if a program can't average at least 15k home attendance and does not have the resources or booster support to invest in the facilities and financial needs of a successful program, that program does not belong in the FBS. There are a lot of schools besides Idaho in the FBS that don't belong there and that are irrelevant to the vast majority of football fans.

Seeing UI fans just losing their minds over this is phenomenal. Can't wait to throw some spuds at the first Idaho @ Montana game.

getgrizzy said:
Coming home indeed. Can't wait to see the looks on their faces when they play at No. Colorado. Welcome Home Boys!!
It will be the look of awe and jealousy when they realize even Northern Colorado has better football facilities.
8b1ce9b8f5d2317bbe96121efee11653.jpg

WAaggieFan said:
getgrizzy said:
Coming home indeed. Can't wait to see the looks on their faces when they play at No. Colorado. Welcome Home Boys!!
It will be the look of awe and jealousy when they realize even Northern Colorado has better football facilities.
8b1ce9b8f5d2317bbe96121efee11653.jpg

If you read eGriz long enough, eventually you'll see a phrase no one else has ever uttered before....

Back