• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

JJ Trial

Hmmm...as stated in Gwen's latest article for "Quote of the day"...what's a tweet...I disagree...I think the "Quote of the Day" is this latest nurse on the stand, as per national protocal..."Evidence does not equal proof"...now THAT'S a quote!

yakgriz said:
Hmmm...as stated in Gwen's latest article for "Quote of the day"...what's a tweet...I disagree...I think the "Quote of the Day" is this latest nurse on the stand, as per national protocal..."Evidence does not equal proof"...now THAT'S a quote!

Don't tell UM-75 that.

tnt said:
yakgriz said:

Don't tell UM-75 that.
That blanket was evidence. Did it prove anything? Her point is well taken and easily understood.

The defense's nurse is going to destroy the nurse at First Step. Seems like she did nothing correct.

JBS said:
tnt said:
yakgriz said:

Don't tell UM-75 that.
That blanket was evidence. Did it prove anything? Her point is well taken and easily understood.

That's exactly right.......

Already destroyed her. Pros. Just lost all the evidence from exam. This is huge, defense will most likely motion t dismiss after every witness. this is interesting

The should have "Easy A" setup out in the lobby for the "excused court" to watch, while waiting for the jury to examine the "graphic" photos.

mtgrizfankb said:
Already destroyed her. Pros. Just lost all the evidence from exam. This is huge, defense will most likely motion t dismiss after every witness. this is interesting

Can someone provide an overview for those of us who don't twitter.

Yes, first step exam was done with a out dated version. causes damage itself when done. The new examiner Claims the exam was terrible. That it found no real evident of injury. This examiner is highly qualified, very good and came to the case because she knew facts were wrong. Basically destroyed all exam evidence from prosecution

mtgrizfankb said:
Yes, first step exam was done with a out dated version. causes damage itself when done. The new examiner Claims the exam was terrible. That it found no real evident of injury. This examiner is highly qualified, very good and came to the case because she knew facts were wrong. Basically destroyed all exam evidence from prosecution

Thanks.

EverettGriz said:
mtgrizfankb said:

Can someone provide an overview for those of us who don't twitter.

Detail to show the shredding going on.

Tweets Top / All

7 mins Erik Anderson Erik Anderson ‏@ErikCAnderson

The public has been removed from the courtroom, as the jurors view private photos of sexual assault examinations. #JohnsonTrial
Expand
11 mins Irina Cates Irina Cates ‏@IrinaCates

Public asked to step outside while jury looks at alleged victims medical exam #JohnsonTrial
Expand
15 mins missoulian missoulian ‏@missoulian

Judge is excusing the court briefly because of graphic photographs. #johnsontrial
Expand
15 mins Emily Adamson NBC MT Emily Adamson NBC MT ‏@EmilyNBCMT

Courtroom will be cleared briefly so photos can be seen. #JohnsonTrial
Expand
15 mins Emily Adamson NBC MT Emily Adamson NBC MT ‏@EmilyNBCMT

Attorneys approach bench to discuss clearing courtroom to show photos to jury. #JohnsonTrial
Expand
16 mins missoulian missoulian ‏@missoulian

Scholl: Said she believes the pictures will help the jury understand the difference. #johnsontrial
Expand
16 mins Emily Adamson NBC MT Emily Adamson NBC MT ‏@EmilyNBCMT

Scholl says she brought training manual w/her. #JohnsonTrial Pabst is asking to compare photos in it, to photos from alleged victim's exam.
Expand
16 mins missoulian missoulian ‏@missoulian

Defense asking to clear court briefly to show jury picture of example of different swabbing technique compared to this case. #johnsontrial
Expand
18 mins missoulian missoulian ‏@missoulian

Scholl: Nurses can choose to swab one way or another. #johnsontrial But nurse could have chosen different procedure.
Expand
19 mins missoulian missoulian ‏@missoulian

Scholl: You can collect external swabs. When you collect internal, you can do it the nurse's way or way of national protocol. #johnsontrial
Expand
20 mins missoulian missoulian ‏@missoulian

Scholl: Nurse actually caused injury in the way she swabbed the alleged victim. #johnsontrial
Expand
20 mins Emily Adamson NBC MT Emily Adamson NBC MT ‏@EmilyNBCMT

Scholl says nurse caused injuries to patient when she collected swabs during medical exam. #JohnsonTrial
Expand
20 mins missoulian missoulian ‏@missoulian

Scholl: When nurse collected swabs, there's a way to perform exam. Swabs didn't necessarily have to be collected in that order #johnsontrial
Expand
22 mins missoulian missoulian ‏@missoulian

Scholl: "I didn't agree with her (the nurse's) identification of anything" other than injury at 2 o'clock position. #johnsontrial
Expand
22 mins Emily Adamson NBC MT Emily Adamson NBC MT ‏@EmilyNBCMT

"I didn't agree with her identification of anything..." Scholl. #JohnsonTrial
Expand
22 mins missoulian missoulian ‏@missoulian

Scholl: The video also has to stand on its own, tell a story. You've got to start with a very clear picture. #johnsontrial
Expand
23 mins missoulian missoulian ‏@missoulian

Scholl: Nurse said she ID'd deep red abrasions, but Scholl didn't see that. #johnsontrial
Expand
24 mins Emily Adamson NBC MT Emily Adamson NBC MT ‏@EmilyNBCMT

Scholl says she doesn't see what First Step nurse identified. #JohnsonTrial
Expand
24 mins missoulian missoulian ‏@missoulian

Scholl: You need to see where they're trying to get a picture. #johnsontrial Full body, face. This is the standard of forensic photography.
Expand
25 mins Emily Adamson NBC MT Emily Adamson NBC MT ‏@EmilyNBCMT

Scholl says photos should be able to stand alone to tell story, and these photos don't. #JohnsonTrial
Expand
25 mins missoulian missoulian ‏@missoulian

Scholl: You should have anatomical landmarks with each. Need to let the pictures show story being told. These don't. #johnsontrial
Expand
26 mins Emily Adamson NBC MT Emily Adamson NBC MT ‏@EmilyNBCMT

Scholl says photography technique used for First Step exam was wrong. 'Forensic photography should tell a story.' #JohnsonTrial
Expand
26 mins missoulian missoulian ‏@missoulian

Scholl: "The photography technique is poor. When you do forensic photography, your photography should be able to tell a story" #johnsontrial
Expand
27 mins missoulian missoulian ‏@missoulian

Scholl: She reviewed 5 photos. #johnsontrial She had concerns about them. "They don't identify anything."
Expand
28 mins Emily Adamson NBC MT Emily Adamson NBC MT ‏@EmilyNBCMT

Scholl says she was asked to look at documentation of First Step nurse, exam video, pics in this case. #JohnsonTrial
Expand
28 mins missoulian missoulian ‏@missoulian

Scholl: She was asked to review the documentation of the nurse examiner, the video, photography, interview. #johnsontrial
Expand
29 mins missoulian missoulian ‏@missoulian

Scholl: The MT training doesn't address MT statutes. #johnsontrial Nat'l protocol says trainings should discuss statutes.
Expand
30 mins Emily Adamson NBC MT Emily Adamson NBC MT ‏@EmilyNBCMT

Scholl says she's seen training video. It's about 2 hrs long. #JohnsonTrial Objection from state, attorneys approach bench.
Expand
30 mins missoulian missoulian ‏@missoulian

Scholl: She has seen the training video. It's 2.5 hours. #johnsontrial
Expand
31 mins missoulian missoulian ‏@missoulian

Scholl: Has seen First Step's form "that they call a protocol." #johnsontrial She wouldn't call it a protocol bc protocol lists standards.
Expand
31 mins Emily Adamson NBC MT Emily Adamson NBC MT ‏@EmilyNBCMT

Scholl says First Step refers to a form for protocol. She wouldn't refer to it as protocol. #JohnsonTrial
Expand
32 mins missoulian missoulian ‏@missoulian

Scholl: Montana has done a training video teaching ppl how to do a rape kit. It hasn't done a protocol. #johnsontrial
Expand
32 mins Emily Adamson NBC MT Emily Adamson NBC MT ‏@EmilyNBCMT

Scholl says MT has written training program teaching people how to do rape kit. Have not done anything with protocol. #JohnsonTrial
Expand
34 mins missoulian missoulian ‏@missoulian

Scholl: Evidence does not equal proof. National protocol written in 2005. #johnsontrial Written by DOJ for sexual assault examiners.
Expand
34 mins Emily Adamson NBC MT Emily Adamson NBC MT ‏@EmilyNBCMT

Scholl's concern was the statement - it was not factual. #JohnsonTrial
Expand
35 mins missoulian missoulian ‏@missoulian

Scholl: She found out who the lawyer was and called and offered to help. #johnsontrial Her concern about the statement is it wasn't factual.
Expand
35 mins Emily Adamson NBC MT Emily Adamson NBC MT ‏@EmilyNBCMT

Scholl heard statement on news about evidence. Left message for Johnson's attorneys. #JohnsonTrial
Expand
36 mins missoulian missoulian ‏@missoulian

Scholl: She was cooking dinner, listening to news, heard a statement about evidence. #johnsontrial Statement wasn't correct.
Expand
37 mins missoulian missoulian ‏@missoulian

Scholl: On why she came to MT. She has MS, husband paralyzed after a wreck, they decided to retire to MT to alleviate stress. #johnsontrial
Expand
37 mins Emily Adamson NBC MT Emily Adamson NBC MT ‏@EmilyNBCMT

Scholl has been in MT since 2005, hasn't done an exam since then. #JohnsonTrial
Expand
37 mins Emily Adamson NBC MT Emily Adamson NBC MT ‏@EmilyNBCMT

Scholl says she has always testified on behalf of state. Until now. #JohnsonTrial
Expand
38 mins missoulian missoulian ‏@missoulian

Scholl: She has always testified on behalf of the state. Never for the defendant. #johnsontrial
Expand
38 mins Emily Adamson NBC MT Emily Adamson NBC MT ‏@EmilyNBCMT

Scholl says she done 'conservatively' 600 exams on women alleging sexual assault. She's testified in court about 150 times. #JohnsonTrial
Expand
38 mins missoulian missoulian ‏@missoulian

Scholl: Estimates she's examined at least 600 women alleging sexual assault. #johnsontrial She's testified at least 150 times in court.
Expand
39 mins missoulian missoulian ‏@missoulian

Scholl: Agrees she was involved in cases headed to court. #johnsontrial was involved with legal system from the very beginning.
Expand
39 mins Emily Adamson NBC MT Emily Adamson NBC MT ‏@EmilyNBCMT

Scholl says she worked with law enforcement throughout training, examining, educating, etc. #JohnsonTrial
Expand
41 mins missoulian missoulian ‏@missoulian

Scholl: Has lectured on abuse of the disabled, issues with ADA law, evidence collection. #johnsontrial Has lectured to first responders.
Expand
42 mins missoulian missoulian ‏@missoulian

Scholl: Number of hours of continuing education for her is more than 1,000. #johnsontrial
Expand
43 mins Emily Adamson NBC MT Emily Adamson NBC MT ‏@EmilyNBCMT

More updates from #JohnsonTrial today: http://www.nbcmontana.com/news/Prosecution-rests-case-in-Johnson-trial/-/14594602/19075560/-/d9kobw/-/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; … Live updates from courtroom continues.
Expand
43 mins missoulian missoulian ‏@missoulian

Scholl: Did trainings until late 2005 when she and her husband moved to Montana. #johnsontrial
Expand
45 mins Emily Adamson NBC MT Emily Adamson NBC MT ‏@EmilyNBCMT

Scholl helped change state statute in FL., so RNs could do sexual battery exams. #JohnsonTrial
Expand
45 mins missoulian missoulian ‏@missoulian

Scholl: She requested change in state law to allow nurses to do sexual battery exams. #johnsontrial
Expand
46 mins missoulian missoulian ‏@missoulian

Scholl: She put together the first training program in the state of Florida. #johnsontrial
Expand
46 mins Emily Adamson NBC MT Emily Adamson NBC MT ‏@EmilyNBCMT

Scholl says she began teaching and working with other sexual assault examiners. #JohnsonTrial
Expand
47 mins missoulian missoulian ‏@missoulian

Scholl: She took and passed the first certification test. #johnsontrial
Expand
48 mins missoulian missoulian ‏@missoulian

Scholl: She found a program in Maryland to formally train. Training wasn't available when she first started in the ER. #johnsontrial
Expand
49 mins missoulian missoulian ‏@missoulian

Scholl: Started doing them because physicians started training nurses to do exams. #johnsontrial
Expand
49 mins Emily Adamson NBC MT Emily Adamson NBC MT ‏@EmilyNBCMT

Scholl explaining her education, professional experience as forensic nurse. #JohnsonTrial
Expand
50 mins missoulian missoulian ‏@missoulian

Scholl: Is also a diplomat with a national board of nurses. #johnsontrial Started doing sexual assault exams in 1988 in the ER in Florida.
Expand
50 mins Irina Cates Irina Cates ‏@IrinaCates

Defense calls Katherine Scholm a retired forensic nurse. #JohnsonTrial

Didn't I read that the accuser said the exam caused her massive pain? I swear I remember that being tweeted. Could the exam itself be the cause of the abrasion?

GrizPony said:
Didn't I read that the accuser said the exam caused her massive pain? I swear I remember that being tweeted. Could the exam itself be the cause of the abrasion?
You bet your sweet bibby.

GrizPony said:
yes, examiner says nurse caused damage during exam.

This case will still come down to the 20 minutes in the bedroom and who to believe.

BUT, Nurse Scholl is a very compelling witness from the standpoint of volunteering to become involved after seeing this on TV (or "hearing" about it) and realizing that the procedure was flawed. Expert witnesses who have 1) always previously testified for the prosecution, who 2) volunteer because they perceive an injustice is being done are very believable to a Jury, compared to the run-of-the-mill expert witness who is hired out the "Expert Witness Catalog."

These kind of witnesses don't come along very often. This was a real defense "coup" from an evidentiary standpoint.

Back