• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New Facility Renderings and Donation Announcement

My mom and dad owned a restaurant in Missoula and one day Dennis Washington ordered food but forgot his wallet. He said he'd pay them back but never did. My dad actually wasn't interested in collecting the money. Being able to tell people that Dennis Washington owes him money was worth many times more than the few dollars. Well obviously Dennis and his family have paid back millions of times more than anything they owe to the community. Thank you!

Just flat out AWESOME and STELLAR! Major thanks to the Washingtons and ALL of the other private donors involved in the $14M funding package. Like all Griz fans I can't wait to see the BOR approve this and construction started, completed, and this primo facility become a functioning reality that all of our student athletes will be proud to call their home. :clap: :thumb:

2618366.jpg

AND THE RICH GET RICHER!!!!!!

mcg said:
Where is the final $7 million coming from? How much has yet to be funded?

A mix of other private donations. I believe also the GSA and possibly Main Hall will contribute a portion too - but that's more of a guess.

I was thinking that some sort of deck off the back of the facility would be awesome seats as well. Overlooking the field. Either way, this addition keeps even more noise on top of the field, south end zone just got a little louder :thumb:

I'm sure it's been stated and posted elsewhere, but does anyone know when this project will get started and how long it'll take to get completed?

pussycatkillerz said:
WOW....
Griz facilities are soon to be full blown FBS caliber.

Pflug already has the news up on his Twitter. :thumb:

Yup. Once this is built, this program is gonna be on a completely different level than the rest of the Big Sky, and probably most of the FCS... Heck, even some FBS programs! :thumb:

BWahlberg said:
mcg said:

A mix of other private donations. I believe also the GSA and possibly Main Hall will contribute a portion too - but that's more of a guess.

Are the additional donations 'firm', and will construction start relatively quickly?

Wow....very impressive.

Does the $14 mil include an upgrade in coaching staff?

Couldn't resist....

wbtfg said:
Wow....very impressive.

Does the $14 mil include an upgrade in coaching staff?

Couldn't resist....

Hey, we can't all be lucky enough to have Ron "can't beat his rival at home" Ash.

mcg said:

General rule is that you have 2/3 or more already pledged before you announce. I think they are pretty close to the goal. I think there will be a couple of other fairly large gifts announced. I would guess we will get more information on that when the Regents meet next month. If we get the "go-ahead", we are close to the goal, or are there.

grizpack said:
mcg said:

General rule is that you have 2/3 or more already pledged before you announce. I think they are pretty close to the goal. I think there will be a couple of other fairly large gifts announced. I would guess we will get more information on that when the Regents meet next month. If we get the "go-ahead", we are close to the goal, or are there.
may be made known in the 'announcement' at the game tomorrow.....

Latest posts

Back