• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New Facility Renderings and Donation Announcement

WOW, this is absolutely awesome. Thank you to the Washington's.

Wasn't this supposed to be the big announcement for the GRIZ/Cat week?
Is there another major announcement to come out then still?

This will put the GRIZ in position to be prepared if and when we are ever faced with another move up decision. I cannot wait to see the finished result of this.

Congrats to GRIZ athletics.

For those of you familiar with any of the Mountain West Facilities, what program can we mostly compare these facilities with? What MWC programs have better facilities?

GRIZFAN20 said:
Love it! Weight room looks better than I imagined.

Since this will be connected to the stadium, any idea how this will impact possible expansion on the south end of the stadium? Also, anyone know if this new locker room will connect to the existing tunnel leading into the stadium?
[quoteHaslam said the rendering will likely undergo slight transformations as it moves from design to construction. The Champions Center won’t limit future stadium expansions, but instead was designed with expansion in mind.

“When we started the master plan, we looked at the stadium expanding to as big as it could get, and we considered those pieces to get this facility to fit,” he said. “We want to break ground as quickly as possible.”
][/quote]

Htowngriz said:
wbtfg said:
Wow....very impressive.

Does the $14 mil include an upgrade in coaching staff?

Couldn't resist....

Hey, we can't all be lucky enough to have Ron "can't beat his rival at home" Ash.
Unless you have mick "I can't beat my rival at home either" dennehy.

mcg said:
BWahlberg said:
mcg said:
Where is the final $7 million coming from? How much has yet to be funded?

A mix of other private donations. I believe also the GSA and possibly Main Hall will contribute a portion too - but that's more of a guess.

Are the additional donations 'firm', and will construction start relatively quickly?

I'm not comfortable with the word "firm" in quotation marks...

Bobcatmaniac said:
Htowngriz said:
wbtfg said:
Wow....very impressive.

Does the $14 mil include an upgrade in coaching staff?

Couldn't resist....

Hey, we can't all be lucky enough to have Ron "can't beat his rival at home" Ash.
Unless you have mick "I can't beat my rival at home either" dennehy.

Pretty sure Mick Dennehy never lost at home to his rival in the late 90s, however, if you were talking about Mick Delaney then you're right, he is all of 0-1 at home against his rival. First rule of talking smack on a message board is to at least have your facts in order, otherwise, you look like a moron.

Wow! Very impressive and raises the bar for UM Athletics. Do any of you know if the training facilities will be included? Wrap Tables, whirlpools etc. will be included in that facility?

Will be a nice addition to the aging stadium. Polish things up and make for a sweet crib. Now, get back to football!

Question: So, is it now time to simply drop the Grizzly name off of Washington-Grizzly stadium? :cool:

WOW!!! This looks pretty darn nice. I would say very interesting to build such a nice facility just to compete with other BSC schools. Seems we could have done that with much less.
Factor in:
1: This Facility
2: Addition of women's softball
3: Sure # of early verball football commits

And this sure seems like something on the horizon! If there is another big announcement coming Griz/Cat weekend what is it?

Question: Doug Fullerton made comment a while back about the BSC possibly going 1/2 FBS 1/2 FCS in football. That seemed to die down quick after he said it. Did BSC presidents shoot it down or was any more heard?

KingsValleyGriz said:
WOW!!! This looks pretty darn nice. I would say very interesting to build such a nice facility just to compete with other BSC schools. Seems we could have done that with much less.
Factor in:

And this sure seems like something on the horizon! If there is another big announcement coming Griz/Cat weekend what is it?

Question: Doug Fullerton made comment a while back about the BSC possibly going 1/2 FBS 1/2 FCS in football. That seemed to die down quick after he said it. Did BSC presidents shoot it down or was any more heard?

Contrary to what many posters will post on this board about "moving up", at this point there is not chance for it to happen. Too many factors that are working against it, BUT, it might happen down the road and this is the right thing to do IF it can ever happen.

More to the point, this is a move to keep pace with the Cats and not lose more ground to their chief rival in the game. Now, the pressure is back on Bozeman to keep it's program and facilities moving up. With Waded Crusado at the helm I can see another chunk going in for our program in the next 5 years.

If they are smart they will think about future expansion and make this one with supports already in place to stack some seating on top!

Preoticmrnnslvr said:
If they are smart they will think about future expansion and make this one with supports already in place to stack some seating on top!

That's my guess is that they'll have the ability to put seating on top of the new additions when that day comes.

mtgrizrule said:
For those of you familiar with any of the Mountain West Facilities, what program can we mostly compare these facilities with? What MWC programs have better facilities?

I can tell you about Reno and Air Force. Reno is actually pretty good and Air Force has government money so it's good as well. This one is at least as good as those two, probably better honestly. It's hard to compare drawings to real life obviously, but they look the part for sure.

Here's some comparisons of other MWC schools:

Boise State locker/weight:
d4ca6f1bcceca4b02d226bf6468a5179.jpg

5646929caab621bc68bebff060e4ff7f.jpg

Preoticmrnnslvr said:
from page two....

Haslam said the rendering will likely undergo slight transformations as it moves from design to construction. The Champions Center won’t limit future stadium expansions, but instead was designed with expansion in mind.

“When we started the master plan, we looked at the stadium expanding to as big as it could get, and we considered those pieces to get this facility to fit,” he said. “We want to break ground as quickly as possible.”
]
[/quote]

Catsrback76 said:
KingsValleyGriz said:
Factor in:

Contrary to what many posters will post on this board about "moving up", at this point there is not chance for it to happen. Too many factors that are working against it, BUT, it might happen down the road and this is the right thing to do IF it can ever happen.

More to the point, this is a move to keep pace with the Cats and not lose more ground to their chief rival in the game. Now, the pressure is back on Bozeman to keep it's program and facilities moving up. With Waded Crusado at the helm I can see another chunk going in for our program in the next 5 years.

Keep pace with? Have you actually attended games at both facilities? There is more than a little pressure now for MSU to keep it's facilities moving up. Not even in the same league after this upgrade. Really, not that close currently. The U of M has been struggling the past few years due to self inflicted wounds. This turbulent time will pass in the near future and the program is about to go into overdrive. The dust cloud will be epic.

Latest posts

Back