• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New Facility Renderings and Donation Announcement

Catsrback76 said:
KingsValleyGriz said:
More to the point, this is a move to keep pace with the Cats and not lose more ground to their chief rival in the game. Now, the pressure is back on Bozeman to keep it's program and facilities moving up. With Waded Crusado at the helm I can see another chunk going in for our program in the next 5 years.

"Keep pace with the Cats" ??? Are you kidding? Keep pace with the Cats! The Cats haven't been able to keep pace with the Griz for decades, both on the field and more to the point (pun intended) from a facilities standpoint the Cats aren't even on the same field (pun intended.) Wa-Griz Stadium so far outshines the Litterbox in Bozo it isn't even fair to compare the two. Keep pace with the Cats? What a joke. The addition of the new Academic Center, combined with the current and future Wa-Griz stadium, PLUS the soon-to-be Washington-Grizzly Champions Center puts the Grizzlies' ELITE program so far ahead of the Cats and every other BSC team, and nearly every FCS program, and on an even keel with nearly half of the FBS, that your snarky "keep pace with the Cats" comment is nothing but a laugher.

Griz90 said:
Catsrback76 said:
KingsValleyGriz said:
More to the point, this is a move to keep pace with the Cats and not lose more ground to their chief rival in the game. Now, the pressure is back on Bozeman to keep it's program and facilities moving up. With Waded Crusado at the helm I can see another chunk going in for our program in the next 5 years.

"Keep pace with the Cats" ??? Are you kidding? Keep pace with the Cats! The Cats haven't been able to keep pace with the Griz for decades, both on the field and more to the point (pun intended) from a facilities standpoint the Cats aren't even on the same field (pun intended.) Wa-Griz Stadium so far outshines the Litterbox in Bozo it isn't even fair to compare the two. Keep pace with the Cats? What a joke. The addition of the new Academic Center, combined with the current and future Wa-Griz stadium, PLUS the soon-to-be Washington-Grizzly Champions Center puts the Grizzlies' ELITE program so far ahead of the Cats and every other BSC team, and nearly every FCS program, and on an even keel with nearly half of the FBS, that your snarky "keep pace with the Cats" comment is nothing but a laugher.

:roll:

Copper Griz said:
Catsrback76 said:
KingsValleyGriz said:
WOW!!! This looks pretty darn nice. I would say very interesting to build such a nice facility just to compete with other BSC schools. Seems we could have done that with much less.
Factor in:
1: This Facility
2: Addition of women's softball
3: Sure # of early verball football commits

And this sure seems like something on the horizon! If there is another big announcement coming Griz/Cat weekend what is it?

Question: Doug Fullerton made comment a while back about the BSC possibly going 1/2 FBS 1/2 FCS in football. That seemed to die down quick after he said it. Did BSC presidents shoot it down or was any more heard?

Contrary to what many posters will post on this board about "moving up", at this point there is not chance for it to happen. Too many factors that are working against it, BUT, it might happen down the road and this is the right thing to do IF it can ever happen.

Keep pace with? Have you actually attended games at both facilities? There is more than a little pressure now for MSU to keep it's facilities moving up. Not even in the same league after this upgrade. Really, not that close currently. The U of M has been struggling the past few years due to self inflicted wounds. This turbulent time will pass in the near future and the program is about to go into overdrive. The dust cloud will be epic.

So I get it. You like Cadillacs and I like Porsches, who gives a rip. The fact that is being underlined in the post is that the Bobcat Stadium has had the more recent upgrades...hence the "keep up" with the Cats comment. Your Caddy is nice, it's needing some polish, this upgrade will make a nice addition to it. Beyond that, the game is played on the field AGS!

Catsrback76 said:
Copper Griz said:
Catsrback76 said:
KingsValleyGriz said:
WOW!!! This looks pretty darn nice. I would say very interesting to build such a nice facility just to compete with other BSC schools. Seems we could have done that with much less.
Factor in:

And this sure seems like something on the horizon! If there is another big announcement coming Griz/Cat weekend what is it?

Question: Doug Fullerton made comment a while back about the BSC possibly going 1/2 FBS 1/2 FCS in football. That seemed to die down quick after he said it. Did BSC presidents shoot it down or was any more heard?

Contrary to what many posters will post on this board about "moving up", at this point there is not chance for it to happen. Too many factors that are working against it, BUT, it might happen down the road and this is the right thing to do IF it can ever happen.

Keep pace with? Have you actually attended games at both facilities? There is more than a little pressure now for MSU to keep it's facilities moving up. Not even in the same league after this upgrade. Really, not that close currently. The U of M has been struggling the past few years due to self inflicted wounds. This turbulent time will pass in the near future and the program is about to go into overdrive. The dust cloud will be epic.

So I get it. You like Cadillacs and I like Porsches, who gives a rip. The fact that is being underlined in the post is that the Bobcat Stadium has had the more recent upgrades...hence the "keep up" with the Cats comment. Your Caddy is nice, it's needing some polish, this upgrade will make a nice addition to it. Beyond that, the game is played on the field AGS!
That must be a broken down Porsche. Because the litterbox doesn't even compare to Wa-Griz's taint

Catsrback76 said:
Copper Griz said:
Catsrback76 said:
KingsValleyGriz said:
Factor in:

Great point. The game is played on the field and usually the team with better athletes wins. Better athletes like better facilities and all that goes with them. Bozeman is behind and your comparison is a stretch to say the least. Your Porsche is missing the doors, and your fuel injectors are clogged, but you have headlights. Good for you.

:!: :!: :!: THANK YOU KYLE AND KEVIN WASHINGTON (Dennis and Phyllis Washington Foundation) for the VERY GENEROUS 7 million dollar donation, and to the other donors donating their share of the other 7 million :!: :!: :!: You all are incredible. :clap: :thumb:

I saw this story last night (Fri, Halloween) on the local Fox news station, out of Missoula. I couldn't sleep for hours afterwards. :lol: I have a DVR, and I must have replayed that story thirty times. I zoomed in on my TV on those renderings. Man-0-man that Washinhgton/Grizzly Champions Center is :flash: ! The rendering has one end wall at the end of the 2-level Gym as a giant, growling Grizzly, 2 stories high. Very fierce looking. Another side wall has a 2 story picture of Will Cherry #5 driving the basketball. (Great motivation to see recent former players going pro, especially non-football athletes because that is a regular happening) I'm old and creeky, but that gym and locker room has me looking my place for a helmet, I wanna play!!! :roll: :lol: Who on this planet would not give their limbs to play sports at the The University of Montana with these upgrades, along with the new athlete Academic Center (study areas, computer labs, tutoring). They say in real estate you need a wow factor when selling your property (a nice kitchen, master bath, ect) , well UM has blown the wow factor out of the park when selling themselves to prospective student-athletes.

THANK YOU DONORS, and THANK YOU AD KENT HASLAM and UM STAFF :!:

18 million dollars of construction on UM campus set...

1 Million for softball stadium

3 Million for athlete academic center

14 Million for Washington-Grizzly Champions Center (weight room, football locker room)

:shock:

:clap:

Catsrback76 said:
Copper Griz said:
Catsrback76 said:
KingsValleyGriz said:
Factor in:

If you think that piece of shit next to the pond of literal shit is an "upgrade," then I don't think we can talk anymore. Be absolutely honest and objective; do you think the current Reno Sales Stadium looks good?

CDAGRIZ said:
Catsrback76 said:
Copper Griz said:
Catsrback76 said:

If you think that piece of shit next to the pond of literal shit is an "upgrade," then I don't think we can talk anymore. Be absolutely honest and objective; do you think the current Reno Sales Stadium looks good?

Crickets. Nothing but crickets.

It was disappointing the number of Griz fans who couldn't bother to stand and applaud the Washingtons when they took the field for the donation announcement. A $7 million donation deserves more than a lukewarm response.

griz4life said:
It was disappointing the number of Griz fans who couldn't bother to stand and applaud the Washingtons when they took the field for the donation announcement. A $7 million donation deserves more than a lukewarm response.

I know where I was in the NEZ/west end, we all stood up to applaud the Washingtons. We are all lucky to have that kind of support.

Catsrback76 said:
Will be a nice addition to the aging stadium. Polish things up and make for a sweet crib. Now, get back to football! Question: So, is it now time to simply drop the Grizzly name off of Washington-Grizzly stadium? :cool:
The "University of Washington" has a certain ring to it ....

Copper Griz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Catsrback76 said:
Copper Griz said:

The current stadium in Bozeman is not on par with Wa-Griz, but the master plan they are working towards is also impressive.

There was a video of all the phases they were working on a few years ago. It looks like with the field the scoreboard and the endzone remodeling completed in recent years that they are working towards that plan if I remember correctly.

If they can fully execute their master plan, then they will have a stadium on par with wa-Griz at some point.

That is why I'm glad to see the Griz not waiting for MSU to catch up before they begin this upgrade. In the end I hope it's truly as impressive as the pictures that were released.

Speaking of pics, Haslam mentioned a master plan for wa-Griz. Any idea if there are pictures available that show how they plan to expand the stadium if/when the demand grows?

Catsrback76 said:
KingsValleyGriz said:
Factor in:

No..76. Not hardly. After your recent expansion you won't be able to pay any more than "attention" for decades. (feel free to investigate the notes) You were getting closer, but once again you'll need a telescope to see us. However, you may be able to afford a cardboard cover for your adjoining sh!t pond to the immediate west. Admit it...like I told butte rhat this week, you are "dog sh!t" stuck to the bottom of our cleats... :egriz:

MiningCityGrizFan said:
Copper Griz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Catsrback76 said:

The current stadium in Bozeman is not on par with Wa-Griz, but the master plan they are working towards is also impressive.

There was a video of all the phases they were working on a few years ago. It looks like with the field the scoreboard and the endzone remodeling completed in recent years that they are working towards that plan if I remember correctly.

If they can fully execute their master plan, then they will have a stadium on par with wa-Griz at some point.

That is why I'm glad to see the Griz not waiting for MSU to catch up before they begin this upgrade. In the end I hope it's truly as impressive as the pictures that were released.

Speaking of pics, Haslam mentioned a master plan for wa-Griz. Any idea if there are pictures available that show how they plan to expand the stadium if/when the demand grows?

state stadium is not in at the same level as WA-GRIZ. The whole country knows that.

state stadium should start with a cheap bucket of paint, because that paint-chipping on the sideline stands is a pretty big eye-sore.

I agree with miningcity. The long-term plan for MSU looks pretty good and at least they are moving forward and supporting their athletics. 19,000/game is pretty darn good and they will get over 20k when they get the north stands redone.

This lockerroom - training faclilty upgrade is amazing and I believe will pay huge dividends once it is done

putter said:
I agree with miningcity. The long-term plan for MSU looks pretty good and at least they are moving forward and supporting their athletics. 19,000/game is pretty darn good and they will get over 20k when they get the north stands redone.

This lockerroom - training faclilty upgrade is amazing and I believe will pay huge dividends once it is done

I agree, the locker room - training facility, and academic support center will pay huge dividends for decades to come. In fact, they already are paying huge dividends with the current recruiting efforts (for all sports).

With these new facilities, UM is promoting excellence in education, sports, and life! What a great environment to reach your full potential.

:egriz:

Back