• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New Facility Renderings and Donation Announcement

IntuitiveGriz said:
putter said:
I agree with miningcity. The long-term plan for MSU looks pretty good and at least they are moving forward and supporting their athletics. 19,000/game is pretty darn good and they will get over 20k when they get the north stands redone.

This lockerroom - training faclilty upgrade is amazing and I believe will pay huge dividends once it is done

I agree, the locker room - training facility, and academic support center will pay huge dividends for decades to come. In fact, they already are paying huge dividends with the current recruiting efforts (for all sports).

With these new facilities, UM is promoting excellence in education, sports, and life! What a great environment to reach your full potential.

:egriz:
This is a great moment for UM but to put into perspective, today the U of Cal. at Santa Barbara, with no football team, announced a gift of $65 million to build an addition to its Physics Labs and classrooms.

GrizLA said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
putter said:
I agree with miningcity. The long-term plan for MSU looks pretty good and at least they are moving forward and supporting their athletics. 19,000/game is pretty darn good and they will get over 20k when they get the north stands redone.

This lockerroom - training faclilty upgrade is amazing and I believe will pay huge dividends once it is done

I agree, the locker room - training facility, and academic support center will pay huge dividends for decades to come. In fact, they already are paying huge dividends with the current recruiting efforts (for all sports).

With these new facilities, UM is promoting excellence in education, sports, and life! What a great environment to reach your full potential.

This is a great moment for UM but to put into perspective, today the U of Cal. at Santa Barbara, with no football team, announced a gift of $65 million to build an addition to its Physics Labs and classrooms.

Probably adjusted for inflation to cover the bill when it's finally built in 17 years.

CDAGRIZ said:
GrizLA said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
putter said:

Probably adjusted for inflation to cover the bill when it's finally built in 17 years.
Nope...just a different perspective with different values. The new Physics center will also give world researchers a place to meet, work and probably add to UC Nobel Prizes, creating jobs, and improving life..beyond football.

GrizLA said:
CDAGRIZ said:
GrizLA said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

Nope...just a different perspective with different values. The new Physics center will also give world researchers a place to meet, work and probably add to UC Nobel Prizes, creating jobs, and improving life..beyond football.

Stop it. You know that life cannot be improved beyond football. ;)

Anyone remember when the players got some shoes, uniforms, lockers and showers to use....and good directions to one of the how many buildings on campus that offered a good quiet place to study? Back then some NFL teams even played in multi-purpose stadiums that held baseball games. What a weird world that was!!

GrizLA said:
CDAGRIZ said:
GrizLA said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

Not doubting it's a good thing. Just not sure why it's relevant. Unless, of course, one has a never-ending and completely transparent agenda that California is better than Montana.

CDAGRIZ said:
GrizLA said:
CDAGRIZ said:
GrizLA said:

Not doubting it's a good thing. Just not sure why it's relevant. Unless, of course, one has a never-ending and completely transparent agenda that California is better than Montana.
Perspective....

MSU's stated plan is to tear out the aging north stands replacing them with new seating that will tie into their recent end zone addition.

griz4life said:
It was disappointing the number of Griz fans who couldn't bother to stand and applaud the Washingtons when they took the field for the donation announcement. A $7 million donation deserves more than a lukewarm response.
Can you blame them? Hah! They probably missed it from zoning out through all the other infomercials that were happening before, probably during, and after! /sarcasm

CDAGRIZ said:
GrizLA said:
CDAGRIZ said:
GrizLA said:

Just not sure why it's relevant. Unless, of course, one has a never-ending and completely transparent agenda that California is better than Montana.

Did I click on 'Physics and the Universities of California' forum again? Dang, I was sure I was in 'Montana Grizzlies Football and the FCS'. I need to be more careful in the future.

GrizLA said:
CDAGRIZ said:
GrizLA said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Perspective....
You'll need more than 65 million to turn your own excrement :shit: into H2O and consumables. (which is the slippery slope you're heading LA) Like anyone on this board gives sh!t about your uniquely delusional Calitopia agenda :roll: :roll: ... :egriz:

Whatever happened to the plans EWU had around here a couple of years ago? Are they still planning on building it?

Fahque said:
Whatever happened to the plans EWU had around here a couple of years ago? Are they still planning on building it?

That was called the Gatewood Project. If I remember correctly, they were going to expand the visitors bleachers and leave the home bleachers the same. Not sure why they would want to give the visitors the bigger side. It would be really odd to have the home fans have to stare down the setting sun, so I'm assuming the plan was to have the visitors stay put. Ultimately, I think the plan got rejected because it could never get funding and was a really bad design.

...and to put it in perspective, Denny donated land and spent $60 million on a - I believe - church camp in Oregon......

putter said:
...and to put it in perspective, Denny donated land and spent $60 million on a - I believe - church camp in Oregon......

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2008/12/christian_youth_camp_at_exrajn.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://washingtonfamilyranch.younglife.org/Pages/default.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Montana's wealthiest man:

MONTANA: Dennis Washington is worth $5.8 billion

Dennis Washington is the founder of The Washington Companies and co-founder of the Dennis and Phyllis Washington Foundation. As a kid, Washington shined shoes for money and lived in government housing until he started his own construction business with a $30,000 loan.

The 80-year-old has owned several yachts, including the Attessa IV, which is worth an estimated $300 million with an 18-karat-gold-finished wall, according to Forbes. He's married with two children.

Source: Wealth-X

stubbins said:
Is there a view from the field that can be seen?

I was thinking this same thing....IMO it should be an all glass wall that comes right up to where the current fence is now. This would make for a very cool look and also provide a perfect opportunity for some deck seating on that building for some sort of second story walkout....also keep the acoustics surrounding the field.

Cal Berkeley just dropped $321 million on a massive facilities upgrade for their football team. So it seems like even the UC folks agree there is some kind of return on investment to be made on a football program.

GrizLA said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
putter said:

I can't tick off all of them, but the University has made many significant improvements to the academic mission since Wa-Griz was built. Gallagher Business, Skaggs Pharmacy, Phyllis Washington Education, Nnative American studies, Journalism buildings come to mind off top of my head.

Back