• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New Turf

BTW, the dude on the left has poor posture. If you want a turd to rise, it's 12-6, 12-6. Everybody knows that. Grow up, Peter Pan.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
first11 said:
What happens with old turf?

Any small pieces available?

This was my first thought....

My dad wanted to use the whole Griz at the 50 as a basement rug.....I told him hes likely one of many ...lol

Put it in the Grizzly Champions Center! :thumb:

get'em_griz said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
first11 said:
What happens with old turf?

Any small pieces available?

This was my first thought....

My dad wanted to use the whole Griz at the 50 as a basement rug.....I told him hes likely one of many ...lol

Put it in the Grizzly Champions Center! :thumb:

I like that idea....

If someone really wanted to make some money...they would cut up the entire endzone into 1x1 ft squares and sell them in frames.....they could easily get 50-100$ for each peice...that some coin to throw back at locker rooms or whatever you may want.

What do teams usually do with those old fields??? My guess is they scrub the logos and endzones than sell them or something.

Seems like a no brainer to me...make some awesome memories for fans to have.

I would bet the company installing the new turf takes the old turf for some sort of re-use or recycling.

Yukon said:
I bet there is some legal bullshit that prevents selling parts of the carpet.

Maybe.

But I know that bozo state sells previously worn helmets to anyone. Course it's more legal than meth.

IntuitiveGriz said:
Yukon said:
I bet there is some legal bullshit that prevents selling parts of the carpet.

Maybe.

But I know that bozo state sells previously worn helmets to anyone. Course it's more legal than meth.

Probably. I think I read a former EWU player's helmet comes with a free bag of meth, a flat bill, and a local rap album. MSU needs to step it up, for the children.

CDAGRIZ said:
BTW, the dude on the left has poor posture. If you want a turd to rise, it's 12-6, 12-6. Everybody knows that. Grow up, Peter Pan.

Improper training probably, definitely a work comp claim on the horizon there.

Doesn't matter, their backup shit-scoopers are better anyway.

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:
Meanwhile in Bozeman at Reno H. Sales Stadium, the only action to be seen is some lucky anglers shoveling big brown trout out of the Shit Pond.

sludge-one.jpg

That one on the right looks like a keeper. Those RHS bleachers look like they are coming together nicely. With any luck, they might resemble a stadium in due time. You throw enough quonset huts together, and who knows what could happen?

Huh I never noticed the quonsets...for some reason reminds of a chick I used to know.

jodcon said:
CDAGRIZ said:

The backups line. Nice!

jodcon said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Next. Level. Shit.
:clap: :thumb:

The school I help take care of is just finishing the upgrade on the turf. They are saving the 50 yard line portion and auctioning it off. The other parts are getting cut into your choice of 3x3 or 6x6 squares and sold for I think 25/50 each. I'm sure money back into the program somewhere.

I am reasonably certain that, if sold by the square foot to custom sizes, there would be many a garage, sauna house, patio, rec room, front yards, basement and lake cabin so carpeted.

UMGriz75 said:
I am reasonably certain that, if sold by the square foot to custom sizes, there would be many a garage, sauna house, patio, rec room, front yards, basement and lake cabin so carpeted.

I know of one back yard, which has been quoted in an unproductive manner, that would be so carpeted.

UMGriz75 said:

I've got a 3x3 cut from the last time they did it still, sits under my grill

FieldTurf itself is $4.75 sq/ft. 80,000 sq ft. I'd bet they could get $10 sq/ft as a fund-raiser, and since it's technically "scrap," buyers could get a full charitable deduction. Naturally, with a nice Certificate of Authenticity signed by Royce Engstrom ... no, WAIT!!!

UMGriz75 said:

When they went to the first syn. turf I went down the night before and got a piece of the real turf, all over the yard by now. From the NEZ where Jimmy Farris got the ball that took us to the semis.

fanofzoo said:
UMGriz75 said:

When they went to the first syn. turf I went down the night before and got a piece of the real turf, all over the yard by now. From the NEZ where Jimmy Farris got the ball that took us to the semis.
I was down there that after the season ended with a young coed planting my own seed. As far as the blooming, You're welcome!

Back