• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New Turf

G&B said:
Yukon said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/UMGRIZZLIES_FB/status/760574387804180480[/tweet]

It could just be me but that does not look Maroon!

Give it a couple weeks in the sun and it will look closer to the old endzone color....you were just used to the faded turf...the color is correct.

#OwnTheTurf

reinell30 said:
Looks exactly the color of my Griz boat. Griz maroon is not real dark maroon...

I saw you at Holter Saturday. Nice boat. A little newer than my 94 Reinell. I love that boat though. It's got the V8 in it. Boy it can go.

grizatwork said:
reinell30 said:
Looks exactly the color of my Griz boat. Griz maroon is not real dark maroon...

I saw you at Holter Saturday. Nice boat. A little newer than my 94 Reinell. I love that boat though. It's got the V8 in it. Boy it can go.

The 2012 and older Reinells are fantastic boats. All built in Salem Oregon/Wash. The new Reinells are built in Canada now... I had to get permission from UM to use the Griz paws on my boat and covers as they are trade marked. Dark Maroon is called burgundy not maroon... Thanks for the compliment!

Silvertip said:
G&B said:
Yukon said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/UMGRIZZLIES_FB/status/760574387804180480[/tweet]

It could just be me but that does not look Maroon!

Men are notoriously color blind...

Typically men have less taste buds than women as well. Hence men's preference for whiskey (stronger taste to it) than women's preference for vodka (less taste to it).

Que the TV "The more you know..." commercial.

For those of you not on twitter... here is the most recent photo that i am aware of (from Tuesday).
[tweet]https://twitter.com/UMGRIZZLIES_FB/status/760524575402713089[/tweet]

Can we have our old turf back?

13909129_10155016854132646_4949194405473782393_o.jpg

Hopefully it's just the angle and all of the color hasn't been added yet.

grizpsych said:

That's just the look one has before getting earholed by Yamen Sanders. I'm sure it looks great from a TV angle.

CDAGRIZ said:
grizpsych said:

That's just the look one has before getting earholed by Yamen Sanders. I'm sure it looks great from a TV angle.
I hope. But, it doesn't have the same detail and colors as the old one. Look at the Reddit thread for our NDSU game last year. There were so many comments on how cool our midfield was.

grizpsych said:
CDAGRIZ said:
grizpsych said:

I hope. But, it doesn't have the same detail and colors as the old one. Look at the Reddit thread for our NDSU game last year. There were so many comments on how cool our midfield was.
Imo, I think simpler is better. But - I like "cleaner" logos, not ones bogged down with a bunch of detail. Just me though.

I liked the Old Grizzly at mid field. Wasn't trying to look mean just made a statement. The look in this ones eyes are different it changes it too much. Too cartoony, lacks that nuance that made the old logo so unique.

I like the new logo. Simpler is better. The old logo is awesome but hard to stitch for hats. Better than the newer stupid cartoon logo that I can't figure out to attach on my iPhone

This new logo is a direct statement to Jerome "The Hamburglar" Souers and Fisty that at least one team in this league isn't going to cower to a caricature of a homoerotic serial rapist.

Bob Stitt has balls the size of Sicilian meatballs. God bless him!

you guys will find anything to whine about on here, just appreciate what's going on and that the university is going in the right direction

NikeGrizz said:
you guys will find anything to whine about on here, just appreciate what's going on and that the university is going in the right direction

Haha..like my old man used to say..."He'd bitch if he got hung with a new rope".

NikeGrizz said:
Yup.

I like the look of the old Griz slightly better, but this still looks better than 90% of other college football field logos.

We've got it good, guys.

Back