• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NEW VERBAL: OL Sean Anderson Buckeye, AZ

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
Just the beginning. Who are the four year OL starters who made the NFL who played here?

Cody Balogh. Don't know if Levi Horn started 3 or 4 years, but Horn played in NFL. Assume Gragg was a 4 year starter, but don't know. Don't know if Kistler, McFarland, Szalay, Curry, Scrafford, Bingham were 4 year starters.

Don't know how many years Dow started, but a career ending injury was detected when he was in an NFL camp.

Poehls and Skinner didn't start 4 years. Milo Lazetch transferred to UM, so didn't play 4 years.

JD Quinn and Brent Russum had NFL talent, had they wanted to put more effort into playing. Transfers who weren't here 4 years. First team all-Americans.

PlayerRep said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
Just the beginning. Who are the four year OL starters who made the NFL who played here?

Cody Balogh. Don't know if Levi Horn started 3 or 4 years, but Horn played in NFL. Assume Gragg was a 4 year starter, but don't know. Don't know if Kistler, McFarland, Szalay, Curry, Scrafford, Bingham were 4 year starters.

Don't know how many years Dow started, but a career ending injury was detected when he was in an NFL camp.

Poehls and Skinner didn't start 4 years. Milo Lazetch transferred to UM, so didn't play 4 years.

JD Quinn and Brent Russum had NFL talent, had they wanted to put more effort into playing. Transfers who weren't here 4 years. First team all-Americans.

What about Tilleman? Obviously I didn't pay much attention to individual kids through the years...

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
PlayerRep said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:

What about Tilleman? Obviously I didn't pay much attention to individual kids through the years...

Thought Tilleman played d-line in pros.

PlayerRep said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:

Pretty sure Cory Proctor started most, if not all of his freshman year also.

PlayerRep said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
PlayerRep said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:

Yes, he did in the NFL. For some reason I have it in my mind the two Montana high school linemen in the NFL about the same time swapped sides of the ball from college. Donovan from Helena was an All-American defensive end who became All-Pro on the OL for the Cowboys. I don't know but it's still pretty cool somebody from Zurick-Chinook made it to the NFL.

grizpack said:
PlayerRep said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:

Pretty sure Cory Proctor started most, if not all of his freshman year also.

Yes, glaring omission in my list.

PlayerRep said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
PlayerRep said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:

And was only at UM three years -- went pro at age 20. Pride of Chinook.

Surprised no one mentioned Barry Darrow, another Montana guy. Started at Western as a freshman then started for three years for the Griz. was an All American and drafted by the Chargers. http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/darrow-seems-to-have-made-all-the-right-moves/article_3de583f2-ae00-11de-a907-001cc4c002e0.html

https://twitter.com/gridironarizona/status/940594701165461505

Local HS prep recognition, State isn’t out yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atomik235 said:

Damn you Herm Edwards! Damn you all to heck...

atomik235 said:

Thanks for sharing! Glad you're still thinking about us even after the ASU offer.

GrizLogger said:
atomik235 said:

Thanks for sharing! Glad you're still thinking about us even after the ASU offer.

I think y’all better reread the quote...

Not state as in Arizona State but state as in the state of Arizona All-state team.

Sean made the all gridiron Arizona First Team. That’s comprised of 6A and 5A teams a total of 83 teams.

Very impressive!!!!!

http://gridironarizona.bravesites.com

Paytonlives said:
GrizLogger said:
atomik235 said:

Not state as in Arizona State but state as in the state of Arizona All-state team.

I was referring to this link. http://www.sports360az.com/2017/12/higley-stars-add-multiple-offers-asus-first-offer-herm-edwards/
Guess I jumped to a conclusion, my bad. I didnt have time to watch the video before.

Paytonlives said:
GrizLogger said:
atomik235 said:

Oh, I see. I didn't put two and two together. Guess I just keep getting worried someone is going to steal this one away.

Very cool! Welcome, Sean. You have a great community of support here and are very lucky to have Hauck and his staff as mentors. Do us a favor, kiddo. Be good! Be a good example to your teammates. Stay out of trouble. Study hard. Can't wait to watch you play. Missoula is a great place - you'll love it!

RayWill said:
Paytonlives said:
GrizLogger said:
atomik235 said:

Oh, I see. I didn't put two and two together. Guess I just keep getting worried someone is going to steal this one away.

He is also my favorite recruit on the list. Potential is off the charts! Great Griz O-line coaching with an excellent scheme will make this kid next level talent

From Sean Anderson this morning:

"Yes, I have been in contact with all of the remaining coaches and Hauck himself, I am maintaining my offer and will be signing on early signing day."

I will have a story on Sean's commitment through the coaching transition later on this week.

Colter_Nuanez56 said:
From Sean Anderson this morning:

"Yes, I have been in contact with all of the remaining coaches and Hauck himself, I am maintaining my offer and will be signing on early signing day."

I will have a story on Sean's commitment through the coaching transition later on this week.

Now if we can keep the 1st team D-lineman Lorenzo Brown on board, we're good to go! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Back