• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NEW VERBAL: QB Matt Robinson- San Juan Capistrano, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.
The_Real_Chief said:
blackfoot griz said:
Same HS as Cole Bergquist?

Is his rocket as good as Cole's? I hear he has good balls but what about the rocket?

I can't compare his rocket to Cole's, but he definitely throws some ropes.

A talented, versatile kid from a football family and a great commit. He can throw it in the pocket yet dangerous on the corner. Everybody felt he was a lock at San Diego State. Older QB brother went to Georgia now at Penn. Uncle has two Super Bowl rings with Broncos.

Gotta get some linemen in this next class, ones that can play and/or add depth right away. Maybe juco or drop down, but that's the glaring weakness that needs addressed. Hopefully stitt has a good enough year to stick around because he certainly recruits well, on paper at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C1wHCxzk2c-6.png

dayday said:
alabamagrizzly said:
I wonder how many of these commits will sign in dec?

Had FBS offers from FIU and Coastal Carolina. According to AJ, the camp really sold him on the Griz and he wanted to wrap up recruiting. I'd say good bet he is a December signing. Coaches can get him out for a game during the season and that should seal it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this,,,,,lets close this kid out before anything happens,,,, very impressive film......and it is his junior year as well.....sign him in December for sure...

Played three of the top ten teams in California/USA, let's look at a video that includes basically none of those teams. With that written, I'm sure he is great.The one broken play run was awesome.

Good stuff! But gotta admit the first time I watched the highlights reel I was more impressed with the number of talented receivers this kid had to throw to. #'s 3, 4 and 21 all made great plays and adjustments on the ball. Certainly a lot of talent on a high school team!

Second time through I paid more attention to Mr Robinson. Quick, accurate release and appears to to have real good field vision. Most impressive was his ability to avoid the big hit and to continue to make the play after initial contact. He was given pretty good protection though from what appeared to be a good offensive line.

Loved his quick decision making and ability to get down field.

Gaeilge1 said:
Good stuff! But gotta admit the first time I watched the highlights reel I was more impressed with the number of talented receivers this kid had to throw to. #'s 3, 4 and 21 all made great plays and adjustments on the ball. Certainly a lot of talent on a high school team!

Second time through I paid more attention to Mr Robinson. Quick, accurate release and appears to to have real good field vision. Most impressive was his ability to avoid the big hit and to continue to make the play after initial contact. He was given pretty good protection though from what appeared to be a good offensive line.

Loved his quick decision making and ability to get down field.

That's California HS football. Most every team has one FBS level recruit. Think about that....

Seen where one site has his ranked as the #49 Dual Threat QB in the country, that's pretty damn impressive.

God I love Stitt.

I hope we can keep this kid. He has a much stronger arm than Jordan Johnson did at the same stage. IT took JJ 3 years of college to get his arm strength to par. Nonetheless, JJ is my 3rd favorite GRIZ QB of all time (behind DD and Ochs). JJ would have put up monster numbers had Pflugrad remained coach.

Coupled with Gresch Jensen, qb appears to be in great hands the next 5 to 6 years. I was very impressed with the little I saw of Jensen this spring. The only worry I have, who will emerge as qb this season? Who is ready to be the man this season?

mtgrizrule said:
I hope we can keep this kid. He has a much stronger arm than Jordan Johnson did at the same stage. IT took JJ 3 years of college to get his arm strength to par. Nonetheless, JJ is my 3rd favorite GRIZ QB of all time (behind DD and Ochs). JJ would have put up monster numbers had Pflugrad remained coach.

Coupled with Gresch Jensen, qb appears to be in great hands the next 5 to 6 years. I was very impressed with the little I saw of Jensen this spring. The only worry I have, who will emerge as qb this season? Who is ready to be the man this season?

Hill, in my estimation, is the heir apparent...

Bjorn Bjornstein said:
mtgrizrule said:

Hill, in my estimation, is the heir apparent...

I too believe Hill is going to break the other quarterbacks hearts....in the spring game he just looked like he had the "it" factor and his skill set is very good as well, arm, mobility and leadership...pretty darn impressive kid imo....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back