• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NEW VERBAL: QB Matt Robinson- San Juan Capistrano, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.
alabamagrizzly said:
horribilisfan8184 said:
AZGrizFan said:
UMGriz75 said:
The only one that matters: Bob Stitt! What a loudmouth! To his credit, he finally takes the responsibility that many of his jejune fanboys cannot, including the seers who now pretend to know what "most fans" believe; the same seer who's significant predictions the past two years have been wrong just about every time.

To his credit, Bob Stitt is far more honest, finally, than his indefatigable band of mindless acolytes. Here's the "loudmouth" in his own words.

I am sure he does not want to go through another loss to the Cats, at home, in front of 25,000 weeping, shocked, bewildered fans.

Yes. Our worst season in 32 years.
November 22, 2016:

Optimistically, it has to get better, it can't get worse. Good for him if he can pull it off. UM's given him the resources and the opportunities. That doesn't explain a 3-5 conference season, or the loss, in our house, to a bottom-dwelling struggling rival, whose inexperienced, freshman quarterback can barely throw the ball, playing against our much-touted NFL-quality quarterback on his home turf.

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/stitt-takes-blame-for-disappointing-griz-football-season/article_5d8a80ec-4656-5b31-8a68-5fa2bd7831de.html

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/big-sky/all-big-sky-football-griz-shut-out-of-st-team/article_02dc8323-30d0-5eef-83d9-fa52ba73fab3.html

Remember what the fanboys were predicting?

Wash. Rinse. Repeat. It's like Groundhog Day with you...

No shit . Triple yawn!

Gotta give 75 credit, he sticks to his guns and never backs down. Oh wait, that's just stubbornness. Never mind.
He was a stubborn cat troll before the stroke. His counselor thought at the time that egriz would be therapeutic but it backfired bigly. He used to churn out posts longer and uglier than your biggest dump. Then Sweetness band him and his lips started to droop. Now it takes days just to copy paste.

The only new material is the bit about no all big sky player since 84 but it's just more stroke-talk because wouldn't that just be on grampa bear/pflu?

IntuitiveGriz said:
HookedonGriz said:
Colter_Nuanez56 said:
JSerra QB Robinson enamored with Griz quickly
http://skylinesportsmt.com/jserra-qb-robinson-enamored-with-griz-quickly/

thanks for the article and info Colter. The word "game changer" has been tossed around with the new facilities and champion center. In this case, it looks and sounds like that is very much the case. I hope this kid signs with the Griz. We don't get 3-star QBs often.

Stitt is the game-changer: (mentioned 1st)

First is probably just the coaching staff,” Robinson said on why he committed to Montana. “I like Coach Stitt and the staff a whole lot. Also, I like the area and the football tradition Montana has, great stadium, all that stuff.”
You have to have a "perspective" on die-hards that end up swooning over the profound thoughts of high school seniors about their college football team.

After all, he "likes the area."

I do too.

UMGriz75 said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
HookedonGriz said:
Colter_Nuanez56 said:

thanks for the article and info Colter. The word "game changer" has been tossed around with the new facilities and champion center. In this case, it looks and sounds like that is very much the case. I hope this kid signs with the Griz. We don't get 3-star QBs often.

First is probably just the coaching staff,” Robinson said on why he committed to Montana. “I like Coach Stitt and the staff a whole lot. Also, I like the area and the football tradition Montana has, great stadium, all that stuff.”
You have to have a "perspective" on die-hards that end up swooning over the profound thoughts of high school seniors about their college football team.

I do too.

You're right

UMGriz75 said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
HookedonGriz said:
Colter_Nuanez56 said:

I do too.
His opinion is more relevant than those of armchair AD's like you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZGrizFan said:
Swooning over the half-formed opinions of 17 year old boys about their college of choice, a college they are not even yet attending, is probably right up your alley. Thanks for playing.

"I like Coach Stitt and the whole staff a lot."

"A lot," mind you. :lol:

UMGriz75 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Swooning over the half-formed opinions of 17 year old boys about their college of choice, a college they are not even yet attending, is probably right up your alley. Thanks for playing.

Whatever dude. He's coming to play here. You're not. His opinion of the coaching staff is 10x more relevant than your tired, retread opinion.

AZGrizFan said:
UMGriz75 said:
AZGrizFan said:

Whatever dude. He's coming to play here. You're not. His opinion of the coaching staff is 10x more relevant than your tired, retread opinion.
"Whatever Dude."

I've taught and coached these kids for longer than you've been alive.

I've met plenty of 17 year olds that wanted to be UM "athletes."

You haven't.

AZGrizFan said:
UMGriz75 said:
AZGrizFan said:

This guys opinion on this topic holds no valu. Let him have whatever moral victory he has left.

AZGrizFan said:
He hasn't trained under "this" coaching staff for one second yet. For you, and by your standards, that's all it takes: nothing.

Here's Bob Stitt's opinion, after the end of last season:
"I've done a lot of thinking and soul searching and we're going to look at every little aspect of what we do," Stitt said. "Me as a manager managing them and every aspect of the program.

"... Internally it eats at me and eats at me and eats at me. I cannot sleep at night and I cannot enjoy anything unless our players are successful.
Is Coach Stitt more or less credible than you?

Worst season in 32 years. You must be proud.
Ten Grizzlies were named to the all-Big Sky Conference post-season honors teams Tuesday, but for the first time in more than 30 years no Montana player earned first-team recognition.

The Griz skidded down the stretch to land on the outside of the playoff picture for the third time in seven years, but their absence from the all-Big Sky first team marks a first since 1984.
Every year since – with the exception of '85 – UM placed at least two players on the first team.

The 1984 Griz went 2-8-1 under head coach Larry Donovan and finished last in an eight-team Big Sky.

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/big-sky/all-big-sky-football-griz-shut-out-of-st-team/article_02dc8323-30d0-5eef-83d9-fa52ba73fab3.html

UMGriz75 said:
AZGrizFan said:
UMGriz75 said:
AZGrizFan said:

"Whatever Dude."

I've taught and coached these kids for longer than you've been alive.

I've met plenty of 17 year olds that wanted to be UM "athletes."

You haven't.

Have you ever met this guy? Did you coach this guy?

Didn't think so. You are neither a UM coach nor a UM athlete. Your opinion means squat.

AZGrizFan said:
Have you ever met this guy?

Didn't think so. You are neither a UM coach or a UM athlete. Your opinion means squat.
Now, you are resorting to the last resort of a knave; outright lies. I've gladly been a faculty member of the UM staff since 1984 or thereabouts. I've been on the Board of Directors of an Olympic Sport National Governing Body for over 15 years. I've known Scott Richter since he joined the staff, and he's authorized my paychecks since he became Chair, the most recent, and longest-serving of recent chairs. You don't know who he is, do you?

It's all you have after trying to fabricate endorsements from 17 year old kids who are still in high school. :lol: :lol: I don't think you even realized when you quoted him that he was still in high school, and hadn't played one second of college ball. Some endorsement. Probably a great kid, but that's all you've got?

Note the tactic: switch from the team and the coach to personal and wholly false insults. You're quite a case study in histrionics.

Sorry you've been consistently wrong going on two years now. You really don't know much about this sport, do you? But, you do have an inexhaustible ego.

To be wrong.

Why do you insist on proving it, over and over?

I can't imagine what its like for 17-18 year old kids to look themselves up on here after they verbal/commit and read the garbage that these threads devolve into every single time. Its gotta be pretty fucking weird.

StumptownGriz said:
I can't imagine what its like for 17-18 year old kids to look themselves up on here after they verbal/commit and read the garbage that these threads devolve into every single time. Its gotta be pretty f***[*] weird.
You've got to wonder why anyone would try and promote the endorsement of a 17 year old kid who was still in high school as some weird counter to the published words of the Coach himself.

Why put a high school kid in the crosshairs?

Stupidity?

I hope he does well, but reasonable people hope all new recruits do well.

But, they have to get here first and, you know, finally be on the team.

UMGriz75 said:
AZGrizFan said:

Didn't think so. You are neither a UM coach or a UM athlete. Your opinion means squat.
Now, you are resorting to the last resort of a knave; outright lies. I've gladly been a faculty member of the UM staff since 1984 or thereabouts. I've been on the Board of Directors of an Olympic Sport National Governing Body for over 15 years. I've known Scott Richter since he joined the staff, and he's authorized my paychecks since he became Chair, the most recent, and longest-serving of recent chairs. You don't know who he is, do you?

It's all you have after trying to fabricate endorsements from 17 year old kids who are still in high school. :lol: :lol: I don't think you even realized when you quoted him that he was still in high school, and hadn't played one second of college ball. Some endorsement. Probably a great kid, but that's all you've got?

Note the tactic: switch from the team and the coach to personal and wholly false insults. You're quite a case study in histrionics.

Sorry you've been consistently wrong going on two years now. You really don't know much about this sport, do you? But, you do have an inexhaustible ego.

To be wrong.

Why do you insist on proving it, over and over?

past tense...

UMGriz75 said:
AZGrizFan said:
He hasn't trained under "this" coaching staff for one second yet. For you, and by your standards, that's all it takes: nothing.

Here's Bob Stitt's opinion, after the end of last season:
"I've done a lot of thinking and soul searching and we're going to look at every little aspect of what we do," Stitt said. "Me as a manager managing them and every aspect of the program.

"... Internally it eats at me and eats at me and eats at me. I cannot sleep at night and I cannot enjoy anything unless our players are successful.
Is Coach Stitt more or less credible than you?

Worst season in 32 years. You must be proud.
Ten Grizzlies were named to the all-Big Sky Conference post-season honors teams Tuesday, but for the first time in more than 30 years no Montana player earned first-team recognition.

The Griz skidded down the stretch to land on the outside of the playoff picture for the third time in seven years, but their absence from the all-Big Sky first team marks a first since 1984.
Every year since – with the exception of '85 – UM placed at least two players on the first team.

The 1984 Griz went 2-8-1 under head coach Larry Donovan and finished last in an eight-team Big Sky.

But what would Coach Stitt say?

UMGriz75 said:
AZGrizFan said:

....But, you do have an inexhaustible ego.

Mirror Mirror on the wall, what would Coach Stitt say?

StumptownGriz said:
I can't imagine what its like for 17-18 year old kids to look themselves up on here after they verbal/commit and read the garbage that these threads devolve into every single time. Its gotta be pretty f***[*] weird.

I hope that prospective parents and students stay far away from egriz, which is sad because it's a natural place for fans to congratulate potential signees.

I couldn't be more excited about Matt coming to the Griz - he is a great fit for this offense and is going to wreak havoc on the Big Sky and beyond :thumb:

Grizz Man said:
StumptownGriz said:

I hope that prospective parents and students stay far away from egriz, which is sad because it's a natural place for fans to congratulate potential signees.

I couldn't be more excited about Matt coming to the Griz - he is a great fit for this offense and is going to wreak havoc on the Big Sky and beyond :thumb:
Interesting that, in comparison to direct comments by the Head Coach, you take 17 year old kids hostage to rebut the Head Coach.

Give the kids all the credit and the support they deserve. They don't need to be held hostage to your personal agendas, and your personal "excitements." I want to see the kids do well, enjoy their time at the University of Montana, get an outstanding education, win and go to championships. You seem to have some other motive.

Losing to the worst Cat team in years, in Missoula, 17-24, in front of 26,000 dazed fans did not validate a single delusional claim of Griz fans this past year. Even if you "couldn't be more excited." Many of us could have been by getting a "win."

UMGriz75 said:
Grizz Man said:
StumptownGriz said:

Interesting that, in comparison to direct comments by the Head Coach, you take 17 year old kids hostage to rebut the Head Coach.

Give the kids all the credit and the support they deserve. They don't need to be held hostage to your personal agendas, and your personal "excitements." I want to see the kids do well, enjoy their time at the University of Montana, get an outstanding education, win and go to championships. You seem to have some other motive.

Losing to the worst Cat team in years, in Missoula, 17-24, in front of 26,000 dazed fans did not validate a single delusional claim of Griz fans this past year. Even if you "couldn't be more excited." Many of us could have been by getting a "win."

75, you are obviously an intelligent and knowledgeable poster. I am admittedly more of a rah rah, unquestioning kind of a fan.

But the way you fixate reminds me of when I went off the rails trying to devise fantasy football playoff schemes that would be more "fair". Sometimes you can be smart and maybe even "right", but you're still missing the forest for the trees. In my case, failing to recognize the inherently random nature of fantasy football, in your case missing out on the simple, hopeful excitement of being a football fan this time of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back