• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NEW VERBAL: QB Matt Robinson- San Juan Capistrano, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bisonfanatical said:
The_Real_Chief said:
Bisonfanatical said:
The_Real_Chief said:
Is his rocket as good as Cole's? I hear he has good balls but what about the rocket?
Right?

Don't let the NCAA here about another QB coming to Missoula with good balls and a good rocket.

NCAA are just a bunch of fun-suckers.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

A bit of a reach, Jordan Johnson is the QB you are thinking of, Cole was actually a really upstanding guy when he was in Missoula, and a lot of folks on this board may argue with me but I think Cole is the best QB we've had since winning it in 2001.
No argument,
That was a play on the NCAA?

In all seriousness though what brings you to our board? How do you have so much time on your hands to post on all these boards? Or are you one of those awesome time management people? I've heard about people like you.

Colter_Nuanez56 said:
JSerra QB Robinson enamored with Griz quickly
http://skylinesportsmt.com/jserra-qb-robinson-enamored-with-griz-quickly/

thanks for the article and info Colter. The word "game changer" has been tossed around with the new facilities and champion center. In this case, it looks and sounds like that is very much the case. I hope this kid signs with the Griz. We don't get 3-star QBs often.

“Montana is a pretty special place,” Robinson said. “I like it a lot. Missoula is a good college town. The stadium is better than most Mountain West stadiums. You can’t go wrong. I’m excited to go there and play there.”

“It’s pretty special and it’s always been a dream of mine to play college football at a big-time place,” Robinson said. “Montana is pretty big-time so I’m pretty happy. I’m looking forward to my time there.”

:clap: :clap:

The_Real_Chief said:
Bisonfanatical said:
The_Real_Chief said:
blackfoot griz said:
Same HS as Cole Bergquist?

Is his rocket as good as Cole's? I hear he has good balls but what about the rocket?
Right?

Don't let the NCAA here about another QB coming to Missoula with good balls and a good rocket.

A bit of a reach, Jordan Johnson is the QB you are thinking of, Cole was actually a really upstanding guy when he was in Missoula, and a lot of folks on this board may argue with me but I think Cole is the best QB we've had since winning it in 2001.
Once again Bergquist was from San Clemente. Cole was an excellent QB, but Craig Ochs was better.

HookedonGriz said:
Colter_Nuanez56 said:

thanks for the article and info Colter. The word "game changer" has been tossed around with the new facilities and champion center. In this case, it looks and sounds like that is very much the case. I hope this kid signs with the Griz. We don't get 3-star QBs often.

Stitt is the game-changer: (mentioned 1st)

First is probably just the coaching staff,” Robinson said on why he committed to Montana. “I like Coach Stitt and the staff a whole lot. Also, I like the area and the football tradition Montana has, great stadium, all that stuff.”

IntuitiveGriz said:
HookedonGriz said:
Colter_Nuanez56 said:

Stitt is the game-changer: (mentioned 1st)

First is probably just the coaching staff,” Robinson said on why he committed to Montana. “I like Coach Stitt and the staff a whole lot. Also, I like the area and the football tradition Montana has, great stadium, all that stuff.”

Good point. We have heard very similar verbiage about Stitt and the coaching staff from a number of the latest recruits, They have talked up the staff a lot. Say what you want on Stitt and company, they can recruit.

alabamagrizzly said:
Paytonlives said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
I thought everyone hated Stitt tho...Im confused?

Not everyone... just a few loudmouths.

Most fans either like him or have a wait and see attitude
Ya but the loudmouths opinions are the only ones that matter.
The only one that matters: Bob Stitt! What a loudmouth! To his credit, he finally takes the responsibility that many of his jejune fanboys cannot, including the seers who now pretend to know what "most fans" believe; the same seer who's significant predictions the past two years have been wrong just about every time.

To his credit, Bob Stitt is far more honest, finally, than his indefatigable band of mindless acolytes. Here's the "loudmouth" in his own words.
With a crushing loss to the rival Bobcats still weighing him down, Bob Stitt settled behind a lone microphone to address the eager media for his post-season press conference Monday. With a half-dozen cameras rolling and a horde of reporters and nearly the entire Montana athletic department front office present, Stitt began trying to explain Montana's disappointing football season.

Stitt faced the firing squad for a half hour and accepted blame for the Grizzlies' eighth-place finish in the Big Sky Conference – a 6-5 campaign that stalled after a promising 5-1 start – and the team's exclusion from the FCS playoffs.

"There's a lot of reasons why things don't go right but ultimately it's me," said Stitt, the Grizzlies' second-year head coach. "It's me. I've got to get it done."

Stitt discussed his plans for a rebound season in 2017. Between now and Sept. 2, 2017, when the Griz kick off against Valparaiso at home, Stitt said he and his staff will reassess everything about the program.

From the coaching staff and how they coach, to the schemes they run and their personnel.

"I've done a lot of thinking and soul searching and we're going to look at every little aspect of what we do," Stitt said. "Me as a manager managing them and every aspect of the program.

"... Internally it eats at me and eats at me and eats at me. I cannot sleep at night and I cannot enjoy anything unless our players are successful.
I am sure he does not want to go through another loss to the Cats, at home, in front of 25,000 weeping, shocked, bewildered fans.
Griz shut out of 1st team for 1st time since 1984.
Yes. Our worst season in 32 years.
November 22, 2016:
Ten Grizzlies were named to the all-Big Sky Conference post-season honors teams Tuesday, but for the first time in more than 30 years no Montana player earned first-team recognition.

The Griz skidded down the stretch to land on the outside of the playoff picture for the third time in seven years, but their absence from the all-Big Sky first team marks a first since 1984. Every year since – with the exception of '85 – UM placed at least two players on the first team.

The 1984 Griz went 2-8-1 under head coach Larry Donovan and finished last in an eight-team Big Sky.
Optimistically, it has to get better, it can't get worse. Good for him if he can pull it off. UM's given him the resources and the opportunities. That doesn't explain a 3-5 conference season, or the loss, in our house, to a bottom-dwelling struggling rival, whose inexperienced, freshman quarterback can barely throw the ball, playing against our much-touted NFL-quality quarterback on his home turf.

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/stitt-takes-blame-for-disappointing-griz-football-season/article_5d8a80ec-4656-5b31-8a68-5fa2bd7831de.html

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/big-sky/all-big-sky-football-griz-shut-out-of-st-team/article_02dc8323-30d0-5eef-83d9-fa52ba73fab3.html

Remember what the fanboys were predicting?

kemajic said:
The_Real_Chief said:
Bisonfanatical said:
The_Real_Chief said:
Right?

Once again Bergquist was from San Clemente. Cole was an excellent QB, but Craig Ochs was better.

Gamboa was from San Clemente too. Bergquist went to San Clemente high, I believe. Family lived in San Juan Capistrano. Think all 3 went to different high schools.

'75. So, what your basically saying is that UM is a Pickett level job with a Deci-lon level coach (although you're hoping he makes the turn).

snap said:
'75. So, what your basically saying is that UM is a Pickett level job with a Deci-lon level coach (although you're hoping he makes the turn).
Ha! Haven't heard those names for a very long time. I still have my trusty, yellow, stainless steel Pickett here on the shelf. Now, nobody has the faintest idea what it is or what it does. In High School, it was great for math, and even better for self-defense. Don't mess with the Math Majors, "they're armed." Just try "self defense" with a plastic calculator.

http://www.sliderulemuseum.com/Manuals/Pickett_Catalog_1954.jpg

UMGriz75 said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Paytonlives said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
I thought everyone hated Stitt tho...Im confused?

The only one that matters: Bob Stitt! What a loudmouth! To his credit, he finally takes the responsibility that many of his jejune fanboys cannot, including the seers who now pretend to know what "most fans" believe; the same seer who's significant predictions the past two years have been wrong just about every time.

To his credit, Bob Stitt is far more honest, finally, than his indefatigable band of mindless acolytes. Here's the "loudmouth" in his own words.
With a crushing loss to the rival Bobcats still weighing him down, Bob Stitt settled behind a lone microphone to address the eager media for his post-season press conference Monday. With a half-dozen cameras rolling and a horde of reporters and nearly the entire Montana athletic department front office present, Stitt began trying to explain Montana's disappointing football season.

Stitt faced the firing squad for a half hour and accepted blame for the Grizzlies' eighth-place finish in the Big Sky Conference – a 6-5 campaign that stalled after a promising 5-1 start – and the team's exclusion from the FCS playoffs.

"There's a lot of reasons why things don't go right but ultimately it's me," said Stitt, the Grizzlies' second-year head coach. "It's me. I've got to get it done."

Stitt discussed his plans for a rebound season in 2017. Between now and Sept. 2, 2017, when the Griz kick off against Valparaiso at home, Stitt said he and his staff will reassess everything about the program.

From the coaching staff and how they coach, to the schemes they run and their personnel.

"I've done a lot of thinking and soul searching and we're going to look at every little aspect of what we do," Stitt said. "Me as a manager managing them and every aspect of the program.

"... Internally it eats at me and eats at me and eats at me. I cannot sleep at night and I cannot enjoy anything unless our players are successful.
I am sure he does not want to go through another loss to the Cats, at home, in front of 25,000 weeping, shocked, bewildered fans.
November 22, 2016:
Ten Grizzlies were named to the all-Big Sky Conference post-season honors teams Tuesday, but for the first time in more than 30 years no Montana player earned first-team recognition.

The Griz skidded down the stretch to land on the outside of the playoff picture for the third time in seven years, but their absence from the all-Big Sky first team marks a first since 1984. Every year since – with the exception of '85 – UM placed at least two players on the first team.

The 1984 Griz went 2-8-1 under head coach Larry Donovan and finished last in an eight-team Big Sky.
Optimistically, it has to get better, it can't get worse. Good for him if he can pull it off. UM's given him the resources and the opportunities. That doesn't explain a 3-5 conference season, or the loss, in our house, to a bottom-dwelling struggling rival, whose inexperienced, freshman quarterback can barely throw the ball, playing against our much-touted NFL-quality quarterback on his home turf.

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/stitt-takes-blame-for-disappointing-griz-football-season/article_5d8a80ec-4656-5b31-8a68-5fa2bd7831de.html

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/big-sky/all-big-sky-football-griz-shut-out-of-st-team/article_02dc8323-30d0-5eef-83d9-fa52ba73fab3.html

Wash. Rinse. Repeat. It's like Groundhog Day with you...

AZGrizFan said:
UMGriz75 said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Paytonlives said:

November 22, 2016:

No shit . Triple yawn!

horribilisfan8184 said:
AZGrizFan said:
UMGriz75 said:
alabamagrizzly said:

November 22, 2016:

No shit . Triple yawn!

Gotta give 75 credit, he sticks to his guns and never backs down. Oh wait, that's just stubbornness. Never mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back