• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Postseason

i don't believe an 8-3 team is a lock at all. They are only likely to take 3 teams at max from the sky and 8-3 could easily leave MT at 4th place at best. Combined with what is becoming a weak SOS the more likely scenario is 8-3 sits at home.

RayWill said:
i don't believe an 8-3 team is a lock at all. They are only likely to take 3 teams at max from the sky and 8-3 could easily leave MT at 4th place at best. Combined with what is becoming a weak SOS the more likely scenario is 8-3 sits at home.

8-3 Griz is a lock. Trust me. See what I wrote above to sdcatfish regarding why.

Also, UND and Weber (who are 6-2 and 5-2 respectively) play each other Saturday. So one of them will have 3 losses as well after that game and can only finish season at 8-3 at best. There are other matchups coming up with the others in the mix (EWU vs Cal Poly for example) that will leave a team another loss. On top of that, NAU already has 4 losses and one of their wins is against a D2 program so they are in a very tough spot even if they win out.

RayWill said:

There is always that chance, but historically speaking you would be hard pressed to find any 8 win teams from the BSC, MVC, CAA, Southern, or Southland that did not make the playoffs. Usually there are so few teams with 8 or more wins that teams are considered with fewer wins. We will just see how everything shapes up over the next month.

8-3 Montana is most certainly a lock for the playoffs. There is absolutely no way in hell they are left out.

HookedonGriz said:
RayWill said:

8-3 Griz is a lock. Trust me. See what I wrote above to sdcatfish regarding why.

Also, UND and Weber (who are 6-2 and 5-2 respectively) play each other Saturday. So one of them will have 3 losses as well after that game and can only finish season at 8-3 at best. There are other matchups coming up with the others in the mix (EWU vs Cal Poly for example) that will leave a team another loss. On top of that, NAU already has 4 losses and one of their wins is against a D2 program so they are in a very tough spot even if they win out.

8-3 Griz will always be a lock not only for the playoffs but for a home game....I dont know how there are still some people out there that dont understand how the NCAA works...but let me be as clear as possible for you.....

The NCAA LOVES MONEY

There are very few FCS teams that make the NCAA MONEY

MONTANA makes the NCAA LOTS OF MONEY with a home game

If it were a math problem it would look like this.....MONTANA+home playoff game = MONEY FOR THE NCAA

BadlandsGrizFan said:
HookedonGriz said:
RayWill said:

8-3 Griz will always be a lock not only for the playoffs but for a home game....I dont know how there are still some people out there that dont understand how the NCAA works...but let me be as clear as possible for you.....

The NCAA LOVES MONEY

There are very few FCS teams that make the NCAA MONEY

MONTANA makes the NCAA LOTS OF MONEY with a home game

If it were a math problem it would look like this.....MONTANA+home playoff game = MONEY FOR THE NCAA

Yeah wasn't considering the money. Still would rather see a 9-2 team as they might get better placement and not set up for one and done

Lock for a home game against the pioneer league champ and a trip to the shed or Brookings. Yeah...

Must win Saturday. And they can.

New playoff projections have us hosting San Diego in the opening round, then traveling to Brookings, SD to face South Dakota State.

14725492_1169013613178627_7549588877738456676_n.jpg

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20161025093825635347204

get'em_griz said:
New playoff projections have us hosting San Diego in the opening round, then traveling to Brookings, SD to face South Dakota State.

wasn't that last year too?

RayWill said:
get'em_griz said:

No, you're combining the last two years. 2014, Griz hosted San Diego, then traveled to EWU. Last year, Griz hosted South Dakota State, then traveled to NDSU.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

grizband said:
RayWill said:
get'em_griz said:

No, you're combining the last two years. 2014, Griz hosted San Diego, then traveled to EWU. Last year, Griz hosted South Dakota State, then traveled to NDSU.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Thanks. that was it :lol:

Gaeilge1 said:
Yesterday was not good! What concerns me is that it is well known that Brady does not perform well under pressure and it was clear that the NAU game plan was to bring pressure. I did not see any significant adjustment in the Griz attack to counter that pressure. I was a bit surprised after the last two weeks that Stitt did not switch qb's at least for a series or two to see what could happen. Wasn't the idea to get the backups some game experience when they came in the past two weeks?

Even if the Griz win out, it won't be enough to win the conference, unless EWU, ND, CP and WSU all completely collapse. Assuming they finish 8-3 I think they do make the playoffs and host a game. At 9-2 I think they get a top 8 seed. However, at 7-4 it is real questionable that they make the playoffs. They will need some help outside BSC.

I'd say he performed well under pressure against the defending Champs on espn. Led the game winning drive in one of the biggest games ever at wa-griz. Griz lose that game without Gus.

I know this is hard for many of you to comprehend, but it's not all Gustafson's fault. Look at the o-line blocking for him and the receivers he is throwing to (other than jlm) - Not good, not clutch.

UND vs. NDSU: What a game that could be! UND, don't forget, has several national championships in hockey at a level of the football SEC, PAC-12, etc.

spsyk said:
kemajic said:
RobGriz said:
This team finishes 8-3.
Agree; I guess we get used to 5-3 conf. records with Stitt.

He has a fifteen year track record of mediocrity.

LOOK OUT!!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!! :lol: :lol:

You people are fucking amazing. 20 games in and you've got Stitt AAAAALLLLLLL figured out.

What is amazing is how the fan base has lowered their standards. All this talk of 8-3 and a home playoff game. To top it off you posers don't even show up to these early playoff contests! The attendance has been the sh!ts at these games. So why put up a big curtain on egriz? I could fn care less if we make the playoffs with a loss on Saturday.(it will affirm that we are avg. joe) Maybe someone will wake up and actually shed their complacency. Saturday is our super bowl. I expect a great effort. Go Griz... :egriz:

Back