• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Reese Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.
CDAGRIZ said:
Hav just mushroom-bruised Dill. Hard.
Handed him his ass. Which is odd, because Growler is used to handing his own ass.
Bravo, Hav. Great stuff. :clap: :clap:

I scratch my ass when it itches. You got a problem with that? You change your tampon when necessary, don't you?

PlayerRep said:
kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
kemajic said:
Refer to BG stats in his last game.

I know BG stats are. I don't know what Phillips stats were in the scrimmage, other than that he threw a bunch of picks. What do you feel you need to be a dick on this, Kem? It's a simple question. Somebody must recall the basic stats for him in spring ball.
Stats in a spring scrimmage are as meaningful as stats in a playoff game, right? Everyone that doesn't follow your narrative is a dick, so I'm pretty normal.

Agreed that spring scrimmage stats are not as meaningful as a playoff games. However, BG's stats in a playoff game have absolutely nothing to do with Phillips' stats in the spring scrimmages. That was my question. What were they? I was making no comparison between quarterbacks.

A better way to phrase your next sentence would be: "Why do some posters, like myself (i.e. Kem), turn into dicks when responding to PR's posts?"

I have never cared whether anyone agreed with me. On my point about asking about Phillips' stats, how does one disagree with a question about what the stats were?

Kem owns you, and you are dense to even know it!

bgbigdog said:
kemajic said:
EverettGriz said:
Seriously Growler/AZ/SeattleGriz/47otherbandnames?!?!? I mean, you post stupid shit dozens of times a day. But are you actually suggesting that a DI head football coach -- whose job depends on winning -- will not play his best quarterback due to pride after talking up his number one QB??
Glenn didn't play his best QB in '01 (reasons other than pride), but oops, won the NC anyhow. Defense, defense.

Defense was great, but this was a running team. Glenn did manage play one of the all-time great Griz RB's - Yo behind one of the best offensive lines we've ever seen in WaGriz. Find us another group like Szalay, Pelec, Skinner, McFarland & Decker and you have the makings of another national championship right now.
The defense threw a shutout in the NC game until the meaningless last play.

bgbigdog said:
kemajic said:
EverettGriz said:
Seriously Growler/AZ/SeattleGriz/47otherbandnames?!?!? I mean, you post stupid shit dozens of times a day. But are you actually suggesting that a DI head football coach -- whose job depends on winning -- will not play his best quarterback due to pride after talking up his number one QB??
Glenn didn't play his best QB in '01 (reasons other than pride), but oops, won the NC anyhow. Defense, defense.

Defense was great, but this was a running team. Glenn did manage play one of the all-time great Griz RB's - Yo behind one of the best offensive lines we've ever seen in WaGriz. Find us another group like Szalay, Pelec, Skinner, McFarland & Decker and you have the makings of another national championship right now.
Only the '94 OL was better.

kemajic said:
bgbigdog said:
kemajic said:
EverettGriz said:

The 86-87 line with Scrafford and Clarkson was better.

SaskGriz said:
kemajic said:
bgbigdog said:
kemajic said:

The 86-87 line with Scrafford and Clarkson was better.
Not according to Read.

kemajic said:
bgbigdog said:
kemajic said:
EverettGriz said:

The defense threw a shutout in the NC game until the meaningless last play.

Correct again. Defense always wins National Championships, not gimmicky offenses. In 1995, it was defense also that beat Marshall. They had an NFL QB (Pennington), two future NFL running backs (Parker & Gary), a future NFL O-lineman, and an future NFL tight end. They had more future NFL players on offense than the vast majority of FBS teams! And we held them to only 19 points, many points below their seasonal average. When are pedestrian fans gonna get it about the importance of defense?

Atlanta Griz1 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Handed him his ass. Which is odd, because Growler is used to handing his own ass.

I scratch my ass when it itches. You got a problem with that?

Not as much as I do with your general demeanor, attitude toward everything, and pretty much anything you do. Further, as everyone knows, that was not a "scratch." You likely lost your watch.

Eriul said:
CV Griz Fan said:
Eriul said:
CV Griz Fan said:
Touché Urinal. I missed read the original post. I guess when you produce another four INT game in last year's playoff run for NDSU I'll agree with your point that Brady's performance wasn't the worst that NDSU encountered.....

Brady had double the QBR of the Jacksonville QB. The only reason the Jacksonville QB didn't throw 4 picks was because he only attempted 20 passes as opposed to Brady's 48. Just take off the hate and you'll realize that Brady's last game(while bad) was not out of the norm for NDSU's defense

Jeez...if "ifs and buts were crackers and nuts" we'd be all set for a party. Yes NDSU's D is great but Brady had a complete "melt down" in that game. 2016 certainly presents a new opportunity for him but don't try to minimize the past. It doesn't do anybody any good.....

You're missing the entire point because you're flooded with hate. The point is every qb did bad against ndsu. Ndsu had a fantastic defense. Sure, Brady had a bad game against them. Reading into that alone is as ignorant as saying simis is our best qb because he threw 6 tds one game.

Full of hate? Why because I don't think that Brady's getting drafted in the first six rounds of the NFL draft? Urinal you really are amazing. Brady had a horrible game against NDSU and he had an inconsistent season last year. Can he turn it around and have a big year in 2016 and even have a possible future NFL opportunity? Absolutely but he'll need to improve his play. Don't group me in with Growler and others that think he should be Philip's back up. These posters are free to have their own opinions but that's not my opinion. I think that Brady will have a solid year and will start every game unless he is injured. I predicted that in the "2016 Prediction Thread". The problem with you,and other posters like you, is that you can't stand somebody that disagrees with you. Brady's talent puts him somewhere between a back up(Growler's Opinion) and a 3rd round or better NFL pick( 5700's Opinion). IMO, if Brady does have a big year, with his size, he could get an FA opportunity or a rookie camp invite. We'll just have to see how things play out......

CDAGRIZ said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Not as much as I do with your general demeanor, attitude toward everything, and pretty much anything you do. Further, as everyone knows, that was not a "scratch." You likely lost your watch.

Cute.... your eyebrows need plucking and your foundation is two shades too dark. And I don't wear a watch. Only nerds do. Is yours a Timex?

CV Griz Fan said:
Eriul said:
CV Griz Fan said:
Eriul said:
Brady had double the QBR of the Jacksonville QB. The only reason the Jacksonville QB didn't throw 4 picks was because he only attempted 20 passes as opposed to Brady's 48. Just take off the hate and you'll realize that Brady's last game(while bad) was not out of the norm for NDSU's defense

Jeez...if "ifs and buts were crackers and nuts" we'd be all set for a party. Yes NDSU's D is great but Brady had a complete "melt down" in that game. 2016 certainly presents a new opportunity for him but don't try to minimize the past. It doesn't do anybody any good.....

You're missing the entire point because you're flooded with hate. The point is every qb did bad against ndsu. Ndsu had a fantastic defense. Sure, Brady had a bad game against them. Reading into that alone is as ignorant as saying simis is our best qb because he threw 6 tds one game.

Full of hate? Why because I don't think that Brady's getting drafted in the first six rounds of the NFL draft? Urinal you really are amazing. Brady had a horrible game against NDSU and he had an inconsistent season last year. Can he turn it around and have a big year in 2016 and even have a possible future NFL opportunity? Absolutely but he'll need to improve his play. Don't group me in with Growler and others that think he should be Philip's back up. These posters are free to have their own opinions but that's not my opinion. I think that Brady will have a solid year and will start every game unless he is injured. I predicted that in the "2016 Prediction Thread". The problem with you,and other posters like you, is that can't stand somebody that disagrees with you. Brady's talent puts him somewhere between a back up(Growler's Opinion) and a 3rd round or better NFL pick( 5700's Opinion). IMO, if Brady does have a big year, with his size, he could get an FA opportunity or a rookie camp invite. We'll just have to see how things play out......

CV, you can't reason with hacks. Why try?

Atlanta Griz1 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Cute.... your eyebrows need plucking and your foundation is two shades too dark.

Weird. Great football post.

Eriul said:
CV Griz Fan said:
Htowngriz said:
kemajic said:
Refer to BG stats in his last game.

Look at the stats for every QB NDSU faced in that playoff run.

You mean all QBs that faced NDSU threw four picks, a 50% completion percentage and a 4.8 yard average? Whew! I was worried for a minute.....

NIU QB: 10/16, 101 yards, 1 td, 0 int, 6.3 ypa
Richmond QB: 12/26, 171 yards, 1 td, 2 int, 6.6 ypa
Jacksonville QB: 7/20, 57 yards, 0 td, 2 int, 2.8 ypa

So yah... his point is pretty valid

BG was 23-46, or 50%, for 229 yards, 1 TD and 4 interceptions. A 4.98 ypa.

The other 3 qb's, combined, were 29-62, or 46.7%, for 2 TD's and 4 interceptions. A 5.3 ypa.

So, yes, Eruil is absolutely correct. BG actually threw a higher percentage of completed passes, and the passing stats were remarkably similar.

PlayerRep said:
Eriul said:
CV Griz Fan said:
Htowngriz said:
Look at the stats for every QB NDSU faced in that playoff run.

You mean all QBs that faced NDSU threw four picks, a 50% completion percentage and a 4.8 yard average? Whew! I was worried for a minute.....

The other 3 qb's, combined, were 29-62, or 46.7%, for 2 TD's and 4 interceptions. A 5.3 ypa.

So, yes, Eruil is absolutely correct. BG actually threw a higher percentage of completed passes, and the passing stats were remarkably similar.

Your post is almost too hilarious to comment on. But thanks for validating my point on my response to Eruil. Sometimes timing is everything......

In the 3 spring scrimmages, it looks like:

Phillips was 29-48 for 422 yards and 3 picks (1 in each scrimmage).

BG was 39-66 for 509 with 0 picks.

Phillips was sometimes behind the second team o-line.

kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
the passing stats were remarkably similar.
4 picks in one game (2 of them pick 6's) vs. 4 picks in three games is "remarkably similar."

I am still laughing from reading that post. I can't catch my breath.....Thx for pointing that out Kem.

kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
4 picks in one game (2 of them pick 6's) vs. 4 picks in three games is "remarkably similar."

Sorry, I don't agree. In the playoff games against NDSU, those aggregate stats are remarkably similar, looking number of passing and passing yards, not the games.

NDSU scored 2 quick 28 TD's after interceptions of Jax St. The one early in the 2d quarter was 1:15 seconds in 4 plays. Not pick 6's, but the result was pretty much the same.

And how to explain away that BG had a higher passing percentage than the other 3 did in the aggregate?

The game margins of loss for the semis and finals were fairly similar too. 27, 26 and 31 (UM).

Of course, knowing you were only a lineman and not a back or skill player may explain your problems too. I'd loved your answer to a question about Phillips stats, i.e. pointing to the stats of another player. That was some nice analysis.

CV Griz Fan said:
kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:

I am still laughing from reading that post. I can't catch my breath.....Thx for pointing that out Kem.

Most of us laugh at you too. A dad disappointed that his son was not able to get on the field for the Griz about 4 or so years ago, is still hanging the Griz message board. Talk about a hanger on.

CV Griz Fan said:
PlayerRep said:
Eriul said:
CV Griz Fan said:

Your post is almost too hilarious to comment on. But thanks for validating my point on my response to Eruil. Sometimes timing is everything......

CV, I can't stop laughing at how you're letting a girl run circles around you. Eriul refuted your point, but you apparently can't see it and say it validated your point. No wonder most of your points are incorrect. Keep up the good work, Eriul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back