• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Reese Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eriul said:
CV Griz Fan said:
Htowngriz said:
kemajic said:
Refer to BG stats in his last game.

Look at the stats for every QB NDSU faced in that playoff run.

You mean all QBs that faced NDSU threw four picks, a 50% completion percentage and a 4.8 yard average? Whew! I was worried for a minute.....

NIU QB: 10/16, 101 yards, 1 td, 0 int, 6.3 ypa
Richmond QB: 12/26, 171 yards, 1 td, 2 int, 6.6 ypa
Jacksonville QB: 7/20, 57 yards, 0 td, 2 int, 2.8 ypa

So yah... his point is pretty valid

If your point is that the Bison D shut down and minimized many a team's passing attack last season, then I'd agree with your point. But you didn't list any of the games were the opposing O performed better than those results that you listed. In any event, it was Brady's four picks against NDSU that truely differentiated his performance from the others.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
kemajic said:
EverettGriz said:
Seriously Growler/AZ/SeattleGriz/47otherbandnames?!?!? I mean, you post stupid shit dozens of times a day. But are you actually suggesting that a DI head football coach -- whose job depends on winning -- will not play his best quarterback due to pride after talking up his number one QB??
Glenn didn't play his best QB in '01 (reasons other than pride), but oops, won the NC anyhow. Defense, defense.

Kem, I agree 100%. I loved Glenn, but it really pissed me off that he didn't play Neil instead of Edwards, especially in that Bobcat loss, where Edwards went like 1-20 passing the ball, played hurt, and essentially cost us the game. Then Joe made matters worse by making some stupid statement about "we had to lose to them eventually".

Neil was the better QB, and showed it every time he got into the game.
Funny stuff, Neil wasn't even a good second stringer

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
kemajic said:
EverettGriz said:
Seriously Growler/AZ/SeattleGriz/47otherbandnames?!?!? I mean, you post stupid shit dozens of times a day. But are you actually suggesting that a DI head football coach -- whose job depends on winning -- will not play his best quarterback due to pride after talking up his number one QB??
Glenn didn't play his best QB in '01 (reasons other than pride), but oops, won the NC anyhow. Defense, defense.

Kem, I agree 100%. I loved Glenn, but it really pissed me off that he didn't play Neil instead of Edwards, especially in that Bobcat loss, where Edwards went like 1-20 passing the ball, played hurt, and essentially cost us the game. Then Joe made matters worse by making some stupid statement about "we had to lose to them eventually".

Tongue has to be in cheek; has to be.

Why Edwards lost like 3 games his entire career there is no way in hell Neil was a better QB.

CV Griz Fan said:
Eriul said:
CV Griz Fan said:
Htowngriz said:

You mean all QBs that faced NDSU threw four picks, a 50% completion percentage and a 4.8 yard average? Whew! I was worried for a minute.....

If your point is that the Bison D shut down and minimized many a team's passing attack last season, then I'd agree with your point. But you didn't list any of the games were the opposing O performed better than those results that you listed. In any event, it was Brady's four picks against NDSU that truely differentiated his performance from the others.

Read the original point.

Do you feel silly yet?

If you want to look at the whole season...

NDSU averaged per game:

14/29 (48%), 167 yards, 5.8 ypa, .9 td, 1.1 int

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fcs/current/team/695

Eriul said:
CV Griz Fan said:
Eriul said:
CV Griz Fan said:

Read the original point.

Do you feel silly yet?

NDSU averaged per game:

Touché Urinal. I missed read the original post. I guess when you produce another four INT game in last year's playoff run for NDSU I'll agree with your point that Brady's performance wasn't the worst that NDSU encountered.....

CV Griz Fan said:
Eriul said:
CV Griz Fan said:
Eriul said:

Read the original point.

Do you feel silly yet?

NDSU averaged per game:

Touché Urinal. I missed read the original post. I guess when you produce another four INT game in last year's playoff run for NDSU I'll agree with your point that Brady's performance wasn't the worst that NDSU encountered.....

Brady had double the QBR of the Jacksonville QB. The only reason the Jacksonville QB didn't throw 4 picks was because he only attempted 20 passes as opposed to Brady's 48. Just take off the hate and you'll realize that Brady's last game(while bad) was not out of the norm for NDSU's defense

kemajic said:
EverettGriz said:

Defense was great, but this was a running team. Glenn did manage play one of the all-time great Griz RB's - Yo behind one of the best offensive lines we've ever seen in WaGriz. Find us another group like Szalay, Pelec, Skinner, McFarland & Decker and you have the makings of another national championship right now.

Eriul said:
CV Griz Fan said:
Eriul said:
CV Griz Fan said:

Read the original point.

Do you feel silly yet?

NDSU averaged per game:

Brady had double the QBR of the Jacksonville QB. The only reason the Jacksonville QB didn't throw 4 picks was because he only attempted 20 passes as opposed to Brady's 48. Just take off the hate and you'll realize that Brady's last game(while bad) was not out of the norm for NDSU's defense

Jeez...if "ifs and buts were crackers and nuts" we'd be all set for a party. Yes NDSU's D is great but Brady had a complete "melt down" in that game. 2016 certainly presents a new opportunity for him but don't try to minimize the past. It doesn't do anybody any good.....

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Why Edwards lost like 3 games his entire career there is no way in hell Neil was a better QB.

How would you know? You're an NDSU fan, right?

Eriul said:
CV Griz Fan said:
Eriul said:
CV Griz Fan said:

Read the original point.

Do you feel silly yet?

NDSU averaged per game:

This is a lesson for you all of your Stitt-loving breathern. You win in the playoffs with DEFENSE, not an aerial circus. Our 3rd round NFL draft pick QB looked like a Class C high school QB in that game.

kemajic said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
kemajic said:

Tongue has to be in cheek; has to be.

What, did he put a hole in your blow-up doll, or something?

PlayerRep said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
PlayerRep said:
1972 said:
I can't remember how many years Ty coached here, but in reality very few of his former players responded and supported him. Whether you want to believe it or not, sugar coat it what ever, it's the facts. Time will tell how he works out for you, rumor has it he's already caused a couple of situations that don't build chemistry. He's coached a lot of kids here, I was actually surprised he didn't have more support from former players.

Virtually everyone of TG's ex-players supported him. Almost all of the NFL guys responded with tweets of support when he left UM. 72, you have no clue what you are talking about on this one.

Who cares if "his players" supported him? Coaching is not a personality contest. TG was not D-coordinator material. He might have been a good position coach, but even that is up for conjecture. But I know he was incapable of designing a solid defensive plan, allowed his players to free-lance on plays instead of staying in their assignments (remember him telling us that he would use Tripp like troy Palumalo (sp)?), and could not make game-time adjustments to stop what the opposing offense was doing.

Many people care about whether players support coaches, just like they would care if players didn't support coaches.

In the case of my post on the subject, I was merely correcting incorrect information of another poster.

TG and his assistants created many good defensive plans. That's one of the reason why the UM defense was at or near the top of the conference for the years he was the DC, especially the last 2 years.

TG did not allow his players to freelance. I asked him and the other coaches that question point blank. In the case of Tripp, Tripp was talented and athletic enough to play multiple positions. That gave UM the ability to line him up in multiple places on various defenses. He was not encouraged to free lance on his own. He had assignments on every play.

Why do you know so little about defense, football and Griz football? Are you going to keep telling us that Canada didn't average over 5 yards per carry for his career?

Go chase a coach.

havgrizfan said:
No Growler, you're high on Phillips, so that when he doesn't win the starting job, you have ammo to continue your anit-Stitt crusade. The funny thing is, you don't need ammo man. Everyone here knows you are going to bash Stitt regardless. You don't need Phillips holding a clip board to do that. And what I mean is this. In your fantasy world, let's just say Phillips shocks everyone and wins the starting job, and after the Griz wax Saint Francis, they go to UNI and Cal Poly and get beat. After all, UNI is a Top 5 team, and Poly has the Griz' number, no matter who the damn head coach is. Let's say Phillips throws for a 300 average, a couple picks and is below 60 percent completion percentage. You will march right back on here and tell us all how Stitt has to be fired three games in because his offense is all wrong for Reece. You will bash the o-line, and bash Stitt for his piss poor recruiting, and how the lack of Montana farm boys on the o-line is getting Reece killed back there. You will bash Stitt for not cutting John Nyguen, and you will bash Stitt for being a gimmick, and that Reese knows more about football than he does because he was recruited to play in the SEC.

And while that might all sound like a hypothetical, the only thing actually hypothetical is Phillips winning the starting job out of fall camp. That hasn't happened yet, but the rest of my scenario are all things you've already said to us. You see Wolfman where I'm going with this? You don't need Reese to start or not start to show us how much you dislike and think Stitt is a piss poor coach. You don't need anybody to carry that mantle or prove anything for you. We ALL believe you when you tell us how bad you think Bob Stitt is all by yourself! You don't think Stitt is a good coach. We get it already. Just like we got it with Bobby, Pflu and Mick too.

OK, Hillary, we get it. It was the video!

havgrizfan said:
Also Growler, what really bothers you the most is, no one listens to you. No one at the University of Montana, I mean, the people who actually make decisions, and get paid for it, care what you, or your friends who don't post here think of Bob Stitt's coaching abilities. They just don't, and that has never, ever sat well with you. You want Montana to be like you think Alabama or Michigan is, where it's perceived that boosters do the hiring and firing. Hence, your legendary statue post from many years ago. But, it isn't like that here. It's just not, and it's not going to be. Kent Haslam doesn't want your opinion on Stitt, just like O'Day didn't want your opinion on Bobby Hauck. And they didn't and don't want mine either. The difference between me and you is, I'm totally OK with that. And you're not. It eats you up that you don't get the opportunity to be like those perceived guys pulling the strings at places like Alabama, Michigan and USC. Where me, no matter how much money I spend, or whatever connections I think i might have with UM football, I can live with not getting to pull any strings. I can live with it because It's called reality.

Please take an extra estrogen tab, and change your tampon. This post may qualify for The View, but does not belong in a football discussion.

Oh, by the way, I could give a flyin' f__k what any coach, fan, or AD thinks about me.

Turn about is fair play!

And it's fun taking your ignorance apart! Thanks for playing!

CV Griz Fan said:
Eriul said:
CV Griz Fan said:
Eriul said:
Read the original point.

Do you feel silly yet?

NDSU averaged per game:

Jeez...if "ifs and buts were crackers and nuts" we'd be all set for a party. Yes NDSU's D is great but Brady had a complete "melt down" in that game. 2016 certainly presents a new opportunity for him but don't try to minimize the past. It doesn't do anybody any good.....

You're missing the entire point because you're flooded with hate. The point is every qb did bad against ndsu. Ndsu had a fantastic defense. Sure, Brady had a bad game against them. Reading into that alone is as ignorant as saying simis is our best qb because he threw 6 tds one game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back