• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Rob Ash Fired

Umista said:
Hauck did not apply. Just visited with his sister, just another scat rumor to make them feel wanted and important?
Pease has some issues so don't think that could be the final (gasp) hire. Not even close.

A new hire in ten days? The vetting is simply out the door forgotten. My guess is Cruzado already had the person in her web long ago!
http://maroonblood.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1769

grizindabox said:
Spanky said:
So why is our enrollment is such dramatic decline?

Lack of marketing to perspective students....how else do you promote what is good about UM and discredit or counter the possible negatives....

Maybe. No question UM marketing should improve. But, probably bigger issue. STEM matters right now. Texas AM passed UT in attendance recently....has to do with degrees offered. Engineers get jobs at a quick clip right now. UM needs to make some adjustments IMO.

wbtfg said:
Umista said:
Hauck did not apply. Just visited with his sister, just another scat rumor to make them feel wanted and important?
Pease has some issues so don't think that could be the final (gasp) hire. Not even close.

A new hire in ten days? The vetting is simply out the door forgotten. My guess is Cruzado already had the person in her web long ago!
http://maroonblood.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1769

So Growler is gone again? :lol: :lol:

EverettGriz said:
tnt said:
The.Real.2506 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Uh, what? I don't think fun killer Wade Cruznacho has any effect on UM. She just seems like an Officer Barbrady to me. Sorry.

MSU growing in enrollment, research grants and donations, 350M capital improvements project and UM going the opposite direction in all areas but the presidents are not a factor huh?

Actually you are wrong on all of those except enrollment. Research in particular is up over 20 million. Donations have again broken records. In fact if you discount the state funded ag station and look at only at competitively won research grants U of M again beats MSU. Not to mention general gifting also exceeds MSU. The bigger question is how much longer the state will continue to fund your athletic programs???

Dead on balls accurate.

And yes, our current commercials suck. UM always had really good commercials. The latest batch are simply awful. (that said, most universities have awful commercials)
Uh no, we don't have more research funding than MSU... It's not even close.

CDAGRIZ said:
Did anyone say we have more research funding than MSU?

TNT did, and everett emphatically agreed:

indian-outlaw said:
EverettGriz said:
tnt said:
The.Real.2506 said:
MSU growing in enrollment, research grants and donations, 350M capital improvements project and UM going the opposite direction in all areas but the presidents are not a factor huh?

Actually you are wrong on all of those except enrollment. Research in particular is up over 20 million. Donations have again broken records. In fact if you discount the state funded ag station and look at only at competitively won research grants U of M again beats MSU. Not to mention general gifting also exceeds MSU. The bigger question is how much longer the state will continue to fund your athletic programs???

Dead on balls accurate.

And yes, our current commercials suck. UM always had really good commercials. The latest batch are simply awful. (that said, most universities have awful commercials)

I said we increased over 20 million, thats not going the wrong direction. If you subtract the ag station and other state funded programs at state that they include as "research," its very close.

indian-outlaw said:
tnt said:
Having been turned down twice by Montana, Pease could have the motivation that the kitties have long lacked....
Pease didn't even apply when Stitt was hired. The rumor is now he wants out of Washington to come back to montana with his montana native wife to raise his kids. If they get him or Jonathon Smith, look out. I think those two would be long shots but you never know. Any of those other guys would be OK but not the big fish that Smith or Pease would be. The MSU boosters would never allow Hauck to be hired, most of the bobcat faithful would disown the program.

And moving to Bozangeles is moving to Montana? That is true only in that Bozangeles is located in Montana but is probably the most un Montana community in the state.

indian-outlaw said:
tnt said:
Having been turned down twice by Montana, Pease could have the motivation that the kitties have long lacked....
Pease didn't even apply when Stitt was hired. The rumor is now he wants out of Washington to come back to montana with his montana native wife to raise his kids. If they get him or Jonathon Smith, look out. I think those two would be long shots but you never know. Any of those other guys would be OK but not the big fish that Smith or Pease would be. The MSU boosters would never allow Hauck to be hired, most of the bobcat faithful would disown the program.

Pease contacted Haslam. He tried to continue the process and I believe set up an interview, but Haslam was unresponsive.

SoldierGriz said:
grizindabox said:
Spanky said:

Lack of marketing to perspective students....how else do you promote what is good about UM and discredit or counter the possible negatives....

Maybe. No question UM marketing should improve. But, probably bigger issue. STEM matters right now. Texas AM passed UT in attendance recently....has to do with degrees offered. Engineers get jobs at a quick clip right now. UM needs to make some adjustments IMO.

I completely agree that what a school offers and cost are big factors...but it still remains that UM does a poor job reaching out to students....and although many of those students are leaning towards degrees not offered at UM, I still believe that the decline could have been much less with a better effort by UM to educate students about what they do have to offer....UM is what they are...they are not going to start offering more STEM based degree programs....they just need to make more of an effort to market what they have....

Pease did have an interview scheduled and due to a weather related travel issue it did not work out....Pease tried to reschedule and Haslem was indeed unresponsive.....seems the Stitt train was already pulling out of the station by that time....

Blgs Griz Fan said:
indian-outlaw said:
tnt said:

And moving to Bozangeles is moving to Montana? That is true only in that Bozangeles is located in Montana but is probably the most un Montana community in the state.
:lol: :thumb:

tnt said:
I said we increased over 20 million, thats not going the wrong direction. If you subtract the ag station and other state funded programs at state that they include as "research," its very close.

That's how I read it, because that is the way it was written. Maybe MSU should invest in some reading comp classes. Seriously.

doc3kgt said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Did anyone say we have more research funding than MSU?

TNT did, and everett emphatically agreed:

indian-outlaw said:
EverettGriz said:
tnt said:

Dead on balls accurate.

There is a lot of fail in this post. Read everything again twice, slowly, before you attempt to post again. :lol: :lol:

Interesting take on Ash firing by Mick Delaney, during halftime of SDSU game. Figures he was told to get rid of some assistant coaches, but refused. Loyalty to his staff cost him.

indian-outlaw said:
tnt said:
Pease didn't even apply when Stitt was hired. The rumor is now he wants out of Washington to come back to montana with his montana native wife to raise his kids.If they get him or Jonathon Smith, look out. I think those two would be long shots but you never know. Any of those other guys would be OK but not the big fish that Smith or Pease would be. The MSU boosters would never allow Hauck to be hired, most of the bobcat faithful would disown the program.

That's an interesting rumor but the Pease kids are all raised and in college.

grizindabox said:
SoldierGriz said:
grizindabox said:
Spanky said:

I completely agree that what a school offers and cost are big factors...but it still remains that UM does a poor job reaching out to students....and although many of those students are leaning towards degrees not offered at UM, I still believe that the decline could have been much less with a better effort by UM to educate students about what they do have to offer....UM is what they are...they are not going to start offering more STEM based degree programs....they just need to make more of an effort to market what they have....

I understand we won't transition to full STEM. But, we should be looking at ways to ride the periphery of the evolution. Expanded programs in computer science, biomed, and others...

This would require vision to get beyond what is next. We don't currently have this type of leadership.

Back