• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sneed/Murray.

statler & waldorf said:
Personally, I think any post that goes beyond 1-2 brief paragraphs might just as well have never been written at all. I, sure as hell, won't bother reading it. Brevity, PR, is not the length of the Cliffs Notes version of 'War and Peace.' Constructive criticism.

You don't miss 75, do you?

:lol: :lol: :lol: Wouldn't have known one way or another that he was gone, as I just don't read windy shit. Kinda like the unplugging of the microphone in the movie 'Oh, Brother, Where Art Thou.' Only thing missing is the rail, tar , and feathers.

I don't think we'll know what we have in Sneed till the middle of next season. Murray is a poor passer, but he is 2-0 against the Griz. If I had to pick between the 2, I'd pick Sneed. He doesn't have stellar accuracy numbers at UNLV (as a true Freshman) or at JUCO, but Murray hasn't proved he can pass at this level yet.

CV Griz Fan said:
poorgriz said:
CV Griz Fan said:
grizindabox said:
So is the conclusion that PR just needs to get laid? :party:

Maybe. But PR’s thesis is correct. Sneed has proven himself against a higher level of competition, even though it was only for six games while at UNLV. No Cat supporter can really question his pedigree vs Murray. Sure the “we’ll see what happens” mantra is accurate but Sneed really has already shown his muscle against better competition. No need to really debate moving forward....

I wouldn't be too fired up about the "Higher level of competition" thing. So it looks like his completion percentage was 44%? This is UNLV here, not Alabama. They played teams like SJSU, SDSU, Jacksonville State, Hawaii, etc. Not much stiffer competition than what Murray has been playing against, if at all. So long story short, probably best to just see how them both perform this year and then see who's better.

Sorry but I disagree. That level of competition IS that much higher.....it’s just not the BSC. I’m not sayin’ the guy comes in and kills it but he has earned his shot IMO...

Oh I'm totally in agreement he earned his shot and he looks like he might be a damn good dual threat QB in the Big Sky. Time will tell. I'm just saying that Murray going up against teams like Washington State, Idaho, Eastern Washington, Weber, South Dakota State, Kennesaw State, and to a lesser extent the NAU's, UMs, and UNDs....... that is every bit comparable to teams like San Jose State, San Diego State, Fresno State, Jacksonville State, Colorado State, Hawaii. etc.

statler & waldorf said:
Personally, I think any post that goes beyond 1-2 brief paragraphs might just as well have never been written at all. I, sure as hell, won't bother reading it. Brevity, PR, is not the length of the Cliffs Notes version of 'War and Peace.' Constructive criticism.

Please stop being stupid. What do you provide to the discussion. Please be brief.

poorgriz said:
CV Griz Fan said:
poorgriz said:
CV Griz Fan said:
Maybe. But PR’s thesis is correct. Sneed has proven himself against a higher level of competition, even though it was only for six games while at UNLV. No Cat supporter can really question his pedigree vs Murray. Sure the “we’ll see what happens” mantra is accurate but Sneed really has already shown his muscle against better competition. No need to really debate moving forward....

I wouldn't be too fired up about the "Higher level of competition" thing. So it looks like his completion percentage was 44%? This is UNLV here, not Alabama. They played teams like SJSU, SDSU, Jacksonville State, Hawaii, etc. Not much stiffer competition than what Murray has been playing against, if at all. So long story short, probably best to just see how them both perform this year and then see who's better.

Sorry but I disagree. That level of competition IS that much higher.....it’s just not the BSC. I’m not sayin’ the guy comes in and kills it but he has earned his shot IMO...

Oh I'm totally in agreement he earned his shot and he looks like he might be a damn good dual threat QB in the Big Sky. Time will tell. I'm just saying that Murray going up against teams like Washington State, Idaho, Eastern Washington, Weber, South Dakota State, Kennesaw State, and to a lesser extent the NAU's, UMs, and UNDs....... that is every bit comparable to teams like San Jose State, San Diego State, Fresno State, Jacksonville State, Colorado State, Hawaii. etc.

Murray is 46% passing in his first 2 years at MSU.

Sneed is 51%, including 59% last year.

PlayerRep said:
poorgriz said:
CV Griz Fan said:
poorgriz said:

Soooooooo,you're saying he sucked worse his first year than Murray did??? :coffee:

Sneed is the better quarterback Murray the better athlete. UM the better running backs and receivers, and msu the better offensive line.

statler & waldorf said:

You do realize, don't you, that most of my posts in this thread were one para. A few were 2 paras. In one 2 para post, I quoted Sneed's bio from the UM football roster. In 1 or 2, I quoted an additional sentence of one of another poster.

Statler, reading, comprehension, memory and accuracy are important. I really don't know how some of you get by in life.

PlayerRep said:
poorgriz said:
CV Griz Fan said:
poorgriz said:

Yep. Both seem to be improving, although Murray improved from year 1 to year 2 when the year 2 season was going up against much tougher defenses than year 1. Sneed not so much, can't really compare this coming from a Juco. Everybody I've talked to, Cat and griz fans alike agree Murray needs to improve his passing if we want to be a championship caliber squad. Fortunately, we know he improved from year 1 to year 2 and if Spring in any indication he'll be better in year 3, which is what you'd expect out of someone with freakish athletic talent, and good coaching.

poorgriz said:
PlayerRep said:
poorgriz said:
CV Griz Fan said:

Yep. Both seem to be improving, although Murray improved from year 1 to year 2 when the year 2 season was going up against much tougher defenses than year 1. Sneed not so much, can't really compare this coming from a Juco. Everybody I've talked to, Cat and griz fans alike agree Murray needs to improve his passing if we want to be a championship caliber squad. Fortunately, we know he improved from year 1 to year 2 and if Spring in any indication he'll be better in year 3, which is what you'd expect out of someone with freakish athletic talent, and good coaching.

Don't agree that you can't compare to JC numbers, but yes, there are, of course, differences. But some of the differences are lower quality receivers, o-lines, and coaches. Sneed's JC was 4-7. For those of us who have seen Sneed play and practice, it's easier to see and have confidence that he is good with a high ceiling. For depth and competition receivers, it's too bad Jensen is moving on. I have been fairly high on Murray, including the likelihood of improved passing, since he started to play more as a frosh. UM sure hasn't been able to handle him.

poorgriz said:
PlayerRep said:
poorgriz said:
CV Griz Fan said:

What was indicated in Spring? I thought the comments about significant passing improvements did not come until after the reporter made a joke about CM’s abysmal accuracy.
How does that saying go? “There is truth in jest”?

PlayerRep said:
statler & waldorf said:

You do realize, don't you, that most of my posts in this thread were one para. A few were 2 paras. In one 2 para post, I quoted Sneed's bio from the UM football roster. In 1 or 2, I quoted an additional sentence of one of another poster.

Statler, reading, comprehension, memory and accuracy are important. I really don't know how some of you get by in life.

:lol: :lol: :lol: OMG! I think I hit a nerve, like my childhood dentist frequently did. PR, you have a history of rattling on forever. Go back through your 20,000 or so posts, it's there. Are you getting paid to produce this constant stream of vocabulary, what some would call traffic? Just because you are now practicing brevity AFTER I pointed out your long standing practice, doesn't make you Nietzsche. Then, of course, the insult at the end toward everyone who disagrees with your mantra. When that doesn't work, hijack the thread to another topic. Yes, you are one angry egotist. I'll just ignore you. Carry on! :thumb:

statler & waldorf said:
PlayerRep said:
statler & waldorf said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: OMG! I think I hit a nerve, like my childhood dentist frequently did. PR, you have a history of rattling on forever. Go back through your 20,000 or so posts, it's there. Are you getting paid to produce this constant stream of vocabulary, what some would call traffic? Just because you are now practicing brevity AFTER I pointed out your long standing practice, doesn't make you Nietzsche. Then, of course, the insult at the end toward everyone who disagrees with your mantra. When that doesn't work, hijack the thread to another topic. Yes, you are one angry egotist. I'll just ignore you. Carry on! :thumb:

My posts are usually direct and to the point, and often brief. My posting style has not changed at all because of anything you have said, and never will. You post mainly nonsense, as well as endless irrelevant quotes that do nothing but waste space on the board. Doubt that anyone pays much attention to your nonsense. I have a bit recently, because I see that I hit a nerve with you. Let's see if you can make a substantive football post.

"Sneed was a considered a three-star recruit out of Horizon High School tossing the ball around in 2013 for 3,740 yards with 44 touchdowns with another big season as a senior covering 3,565 yards and 28 touchdowns with his arm."

"Which schools are showing interest but have not offered yet?

“Memphis, Boise State, Stony Brook, and Bowling Green are the main ones.”

Have you received any offers yet?

“I recently picked up my first offer from Coastal Carolina.”

https://www.recruitingnewsguru.com/former-unlv-qb-dalton-sneed-slinging-ball-around-fort-scott-juco/

statler & waldorf said:
PlayerRep said:
"... Will major in journalism."

How the hell is THIS gonna work? Left wing anti-Griz Journalism Dept./Kaimin trying to indoctrinate the Griz QB! :roll:

So....Sneed is simultaneously be the savior and foe of Griz Nation. Cognitive dissonance is fun(ny).

I wonder who is the better golfer

giphy.gif

Jeeesus! Reading through this drivel on an unwinnable debate has convinced me that if the the two teams combined they would be BCS contenders! :|

No one is able to provide a convincing argument either way because there is no pertinent data upon which to base a conclusion until they either square off against each other, or at least a common opponent!

If you want to have this debate do it in mid November when it might have an ounce of validity.

Back