• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sneed/Murray.

Sagarin 2016 had montana ranked higher strength of schedule than UNLV. UNLV was ranked 145 that year yeah Idaho whole was probably better and Montana State sucked at 180. Griz were ranked higher than UNLV and they still sucked.

With the running backs now at MSU and their O line, they need a passing QB. If they had an accurate passer they could be dangerous. Their receivers are not dominant and once again they could be one dimensional. Last year they could have won several games down the stretch that were close. Murray is one hell of an athlete, but his inability to connect when they needed it cost them games. This year will be interesting. Sneed absolutely has a strong receiving corps. I think the running backs are also solid. O line makes me nervous. Sneed has shown he can scramble and he will hurt teams. Prediction - If the Griz get their running game going - Sneed will impress and do everything Murray can and then some.

You are misinformed on MSU OL and passing.
OL is all Big Sky this fall and Deep. Will run for over 250 a game and pass for another 200.

MSU O line I think will be considerably better than ours this year, which brings us back to the QB thing.

It's a vicious cycle.

Copper Griz said:
With the running backs now at MSU and their O line, they need a passing QB. If they had an accurate passer they could be dangerous. Their receivers are not dominant and once again they could be one dimensional. Last year they could have won several games down the stretch that were close. Murray is one hell of an athlete, but his inability to connect when they needed it cost them games. This year will be interesting. Sneed absolutely has a strong receiving corps. I think the running backs are also solid. O line makes me nervous. Sneed has shown he can scramble and he will hurt teams. Prediction - If the Griz get their running game going - Sneed will impress and do everything Murray can and then some.
I would argue that other then Murray, the cats run game might not be much with Lasane graduating and Anderson moving to defense, the only decent running back they’ll have is Edward Vander

Griz til I die said:
Copper Griz said:
I would argue that other then Murray, the cats run game might not be much with Lasane graduating and Anderson moving to defense, the only decent running back they’ll have is Edward Vander

Not accurate. Several talented RB's on the roster, not the least of which is a 265 pound tank. Troy will also run the rock a few times every game. Choate committed when he was hired, MSU will have a solid, if not kick ass running game every year.

poorgriz said:
Griz til I die said:
Copper Griz said:

Not accurate. Several talented RB's on the roster, not the least of which is a 265 pound tank. Troy will also run the rock a few times every game. Choate committed when he was hired, MSU will have a solid, if not kick ass running game every year.
And every year a losing record.

Griz til I die said:
Copper Griz said:

WOW!
You have no clue. Vander is gone. He couldn't make the two deep.

Gotta love the "my dad is better than your dad at softball" talk back and forth during the offseason. It absolutely is a vicious cycle every year.

JPttykR.gif

kemajic said:
poorgriz said:
Griz til I die said:
Copper Griz said:

Nope, just the first two. I know y'all love to take jabs at Choate and the Cats but if you're really honest with yourself and someone told you right now you had to put $1,000 down on whether the Cats will have a winning, or losing season in 2018, what would you do?

SACCAT66 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
Theyre not the same player at all, theyre both athletic yes, but for Murray pull the ball down and run is option #1...they would rather have Murray rush for 200 yards than pass for it.

Sneed is a pass first, but has great escape ability to get out of the pocket and once he does leave the pocket he is very dynamic.

Small disagreement with you here. I think that the coaches would much rather have Murray pass for 200 yards...Problem is, he can't, so he runs. Sneed hasn't played much since High School, so it is unknown how well he will do...He looks good, but we will all have to see.

It seems like the cats would just be better with him not throwing tho....just get him running, ball security, have a steady ball control offense that doesnt turn the ball over...and than play solid defense.....seems like the recipe for the Cats. Just let other teams beat themselves.

poorgriz said:
kemajic said:
poorgriz said:
Griz til I die said:

Nope, just the first two. I know y'all love to take jabs at Choate and the Cats but if you're really honest with yourself and someone told you right now you had to put $1,000 down on whether the Cats will have a winning, or losing season in 2018, what would you do?

I see 4-7 ...with wiggle room with the Griz and ISU so def losing season...best best case 6-5

Cat Griz being in Missoula with the return of Bobby...I could see him trying to hang 80 on you for his return to dominance game. lol

Western Ill----L
@SDSU-----L
WAGNER---W
@PSU---W
EWU---L
IDAHO---L
@WEBER---L
@ISU---L
CAL---W
NCU----W
@GRIZ----L

poorgriz said:
[If] someone told you right now you had to put $1,000 down on whether the Cats will have a winning, or losing season in 2018, what would you do?
I’m betting loser all the way. Losers gonna lose. You would have to be stupid AF (or a cat fan) to vote winner.
I know “past performances do not indicate future results,” but come on?!? Three losing seasons in a row and a lifetime of disappointment, and you’re willing to bet against that trend? Why? Oh, wait, I know why: not because some returning talent, but because their schedule is easier. Tells you all you need to know.
It’s like betting that a known crackhead won’t relapse, because, although he has a history or relapse, and has relapsed the last 3 years in a row, this year will be different because he’s not scheduled to be in Vegas

poorgriz said:
kemajic said:
poorgriz said:
Griz til I die said:

Easy. Winning.

Montanabob said:
You are misinformed on MSU OL and passing.
OL is all Big Sky this fall and Deep. Will run for over 250 a game and pass for another 200.

I think you misinterpreted my post. The OL for the Cats will be very good. Running the rock should not be an issue. Passing game will continue to be problematic.

poorgriz said:
kemajic said:
poorgriz said:
Griz til I die said:

Winning, but they should. Choate is in his third year. The real question is - are you satisfied with a winning season. How about making it - will the Cats actually win a playoff game? With the expanded field maybe. Just not sold on Choate’s offensive genius personally.

PlayerRep said:
poorgriz said:
kemajic said:
poorgriz said:

Easy. Winning.

Ya, easy for you, because although annoying at times you are waaaaay more objective than the majority of brain dead fans on this site. I think it's funny how they can't look at the MSU program objectively and see there is something happening there and definitely an upward trend. I think I already made a "Posting rights for a year" bet with someone about MSU having a winning record, but I'm about to break my rule and actually put some real $$$$ down on this with some of you. Those fans that can't see how MSU is getting better are the same fans that still think UM has more Montana players on the roster.

Copper Griz said:
poorgriz said:
kemajic said:
poorgriz said:

Winning, but they should. Choate is in his third year. The real question is - are you satisfied with a winning season. How about making it - will the Cats actually win a playoff game? With the expanded field maybe. Just not sold on Choate’s offensive genius personally.

Personally I am 100% expecting a winning season and really feel like the 2018 Bobcat team is a playoff team that should win a game or two. 2019 - time for a deep playoff run.

poorgriz said:
Copper Griz said:
poorgriz said:
kemajic said:

Personally I am 100% expecting a winning season and really feel like the 2018 Bobcat team is a playoff team that should win a game or two. 2019 - time for a deep playoff run.
Same story this time of year; every year.

poorgriz said:
Copper Griz said:
poorgriz said:
kemajic said:

So, you would bet $1000 that the Bobcats will win a playoff game?
That would be quite a turn around from three straight losing seasons.
First win since 2012 would be a great season for Coatche.

Back