• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sneed/Murray.

CDAGRIZ said:
poorgriz said:
Copper Griz said:
poorgriz said:
Nope, just the first two. I know y'all love to take jabs at Choate and the Cats but if you're really honest with yourself and someone told you right now you had to put $1,000 down on whether the Cats will have a winning, or losing season in 2018, what would you do?

Winning, but they should. Choate is in his third year. The real question is - are you satisfied with a winning season. How about making it - will the Cats actually win a playoff game? With the expanded field maybe. Just not sold on Choate’s offensive genius personally.

Personally I am 100% expecting a winning season and really feel like the 2018 Bobcat team is a playoff team that should win a game or two. 2019 - time for a deep playoff run.

So, you would bet $1000 that the Bobcats will win a playoff game?
That would be quite a turn around from three straight losing seasons.
First win since 2012 would be a great season for Coatche.

No. Any of my comments about betting real money on the CATS are in response to the posters saying they don't think we'll have a winning record in 2018.

kemajic said:
poorgriz said:
Copper Griz said:
poorgriz said:
Nope, just the first two. I know y'all love to take jabs at Choate and the Cats but if you're really honest with yourself and someone told you right now you had to put $1,000 down on whether the Cats will have a winning, or losing season in 2018, what would you do?

Winning, but they should. Choate is in his third year. The real question is - are you satisfied with a winning season. How about making it - will the Cats actually win a playoff game? With the expanded field maybe. Just not sold on Choate’s offensive genius personally.

Personally I am 100% expecting a winning season and really feel like the 2018 Bobcat team is a playoff team that should win a game or two. 2019 - time for a deep playoff run.
Same story this time of year; every year.

Nope. I didn't expect a winning season in 2016 or 2017. Coaching turnovers are hard, no matter the quality of the head coach. You guys will find that out this year.

poorgriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
poorgriz said:
Copper Griz said:

No. Any of my comments about betting real money on the CATS are in response to the posters saying they don't think we'll have a winning record in 2018.

1. So, you "really feel" that the Bobcats should win a game or two in the playoffs, but wouldn't bet $1000 on it.

2. Conversely, if a poster "really feels" that the Bobcats won't have a winning season, you want him to ask himself if he would bet $1000 on it. And if he says, no, it proves what? The same as #1.

The beat goes on . . .

CDAGRIZ said:
poorgriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
poorgriz said:

1. So, you "really feel" that the Bobcats should win a game or two in the playoffs, but wouldn't bet $1000 on it.

2. Conversely, if a poster "really feels" that the Bobcats won't have a winning season, you want him to ask himself if he would bet $1000 on it. And if he says, no, it proves what? The same as #1.

The beat goes on . . .

Correct. I am extremely confident the Cats will have a winning season, to the point I'd bet some $$$ on it. I'm less confident in a playoff run in 2018 but I think it could happen if we stay healthy. Too many things can happen to derail that though so I wouldn't bet $$$ on that. This really isn't that hard. ;)

poorgriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
poorgriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

The beat goes on . . .

Correct. I am extremely confident the Cats will have a winning season, to the point I'd bet some $$$ on it. I'm less confident in a playoff run in 2018 but I think it could happen if we stay healthy. Too many things can happen to derail that though so I wouldn't bet $$$ on that. This really isn't that hard. ;)

I didn't say it was. I'm just glad nobody will be called out for not wanting to bet $1000 on the Bobcats having a losing season. I mean, many people likely think it could happen (or even "really feel" that it could happen like you do with the playoff win), but aren't as confident because of all the things that could happen to derail that.

The premise that because a Cat fan is unwilling to bet money on this anonymous God forsaken cesspool of humanity is an indicator of lack of confidence in the next season is false.

ABQCat said:
The premise that because a Cat fan is unwilling to bet money on this anonymous God forsaken cesspool of humanity is an indicator of lack of confidence in the next season is false.

And vice versa. Thanks for that post, haha! :thumb:

CDAGRIZ said:
ABQCat said:

And vice versa. Thanks for that, haha! :thumb:
And thanks for the reply! I had to reread my post 3 times before I understood it.

ABQCat said:
CDAGRIZ said:
ABQCat said:

And vice versa. Thanks for that, haha! :thumb:
And thanks for the reply! I had to reread my post 3 times before I understood it.

Yeah. Pretty solid stuff. :lol:

BadlandsGrizFan said:
SACCAT66 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
Theyre not the same player at all, theyre both athletic yes, but for Murray pull the ball down and run is option #1...they would rather have Murray rush for 200 yards than pass for it.

Sneed is a pass first, but has great escape ability to get out of the pocket and once he does leave the pocket he is very dynamic.

Small disagreement with you here. I think that the coaches would much rather have Murray pass for 200 yards...Problem is, he can't, so he runs. Sneed hasn't played much since High School, so it is unknown how well he will do...He looks good, but we will all have to see.

It seems like the cats would just be better with him not throwing tho....just get him running, ball security, have a steady ball control offense that doesnt turn the ball over...and than play solid defense.....seems like the recipe for the Cats. Just let other teams beat themselves.

Yep. Hate to be forced to play that way, but might be best option..(Get it...Option)

It doesn't take much to be a better passer than Murray, so if Sneed is on par with Murray in that department it is going to be a long season in Missoula because I don't think you have enough firepower without a QB who can throw the ball. Bobby was 50/50 in his mix the first time around, so it'll be interesting to see what kind of offense he builds around a team that was recruited for a pass heavy, finesse offense, with a QB who may only be a slightly upgraded passing version of Chris Murray.

CatzWillRise said:
It doesn't take much to be a better passer than Murray, so if Sneed is on par with Murray in that department it is going to be a long season in Missoula because I don't think you have enough firepower without a QB who can throw the ball. Bobby was 50/50 in his mix the first time around, so it'll be interesting to see what kind of offense he builds around a team that was recruited for a pass heavy, finesse offense, with a QB who may only be a slightly upgraded passing version of Chris Murray.
I watched a number of cat games and one thing that stands out is Murray is quick but maybe too quick to run. He has the tendency to carry the ball one handed in front of him. If the game is close he presses too hard and the result is a turnover. To be a really effective quarterback he needs to greatly improve his passing, learn patience and let the play develop, improve his ball handling skills and finally he needs to learn not to play beyond his skill level.

CatzWillRise said:

Sneed is a much better passer than Murray. It's not even comparable.

In spring game, Sneed was 13-16 (81%) for 136 yards. 1 TD. Long of 34. 1 pick. Longer throw down sideline. Not a good throw, but not a horrible throw. Sneed showed nice arm strength on longer out pass to the sidelines. Didn't throw many longer passes downfield. It's rumored that he doesn't have the same downfield arms strength as Jensen.

PlayerRep said:
Sneed is a much better passer than Murray. It's not even comparable.

This is a fact. Anyone who watched the spring game and has followed Murray knows this. What Murray has is a proven offensive line where UM is untested. If the offensive line can do its job Sneed will have a good season. He reminds me of JJ only way faster and has a much better core of wide receivers than Murray.
Should be fun watching all this unfold.

SACCAT66 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
SACCAT66 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
Theyre not the same player at all, theyre both athletic yes, but for Murray pull the ball down and run is option #1...they would rather have Murray rush for 200 yards than pass for it.

Sneed is a pass first, but has great escape ability to get out of the pocket and once he does leave the pocket he is very dynamic.

Small disagreement with you here. I think that the coaches would much rather have Murray pass for 200 yards...Problem is, he can't, so he runs. Sneed hasn't played much since High School, so it is unknown how well he will do...He looks good, but we will all have to see.

It seems like the cats would just be better with him not throwing tho....just get him running, ball security, have a steady ball control offense that doesnt turn the ball over...and than play solid defense.....seems like the recipe for the Cats. Just let other teams beat themselves.

Yep. Hate to be forced to play that way, but might be best option..(Get it...Option)

As a Dallas Cowboys fan, I can tell you..its completely frustrating ...specially when your defense isnt on par yet...hahah

poorgriz said:
PlayerRep said:
poorgriz said:
kemajic said:
And every year a losing record.

Easy. Winning.

Ya, easy for you, because although annoying at times you are waaaaay more objective than the majority of brain dead fans on this site. I think it's funny how they can't look at the MSU program objectively and see there is something happening there and definitely an upward trend. I think I already made a "Posting rights for a year" bet with someone about MSU having a winning record, but I'm about to break my rule and actually put some real $$$$ down on this with some of you. Those fans that can't see how MSU is getting better are the same fans that still think UM has more Montana players on the roster.

I swear to god its like fucking groundhogs day every year with this type of talk.

CatzWillRise said:

Nobody thinks hes a slight upgrade over Murray...everyone knows hes a much much better passer than Murray.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
SACCAT66 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
SACCAT66 said:

As a Dallas Cowboys fan, I can tell you..its completely frustrating ...specially when your defense isnt on par yet...hahah

Lions are my Favorite Pro team...Don't even talk to me about frustration...

Fair enough. I haven't seen Sneed play, but based on his combined collegiate stats:

162 - 314 (51.6%) 12 TDs and 13 INTs (these numbers pulled from a Cat poster who noticed some JC stats for Sneed were transposed, i.e. he had more completions than attempts in a game or two)

vs Murray

167 - 338 (49.4%) 21 TD 17 INT

It's hard to say based on their body of work that Sneed is significantly better, but obviously Griz fans like what they see, have seen both Sneed and Murray play (albeit Sneed in a scrimmage).

Murray was 120-233 last year (51.5%), 1597 yards 15 TDs and 9 INTs, which was a big step up from his freshman year, but obviously needs to get that % up into the mid 50s at least this year, and I hope he can throw for 2000 yards. That's what I feel it will take to get us tot he playoffs.

Sneed will probably do that in 7 games.

Latest posts

Back