• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Spring game wrap up

Status
Not open for further replies.
westnodak93bison said:
G-BEARS said:
Bear Axed said:
G-BEARS said:
Predicting a 4 score win at cat-griz. Gregorak is going to get exposed...
Joe Choake and his whole Frontier Conference staff will be exposed by the third week....
Tye is the best coach on the kitty staff and you are correct, this years Griz will completely demoralize him.....

They're declaring themselves a "national power" over on bobcatnation, and claim you're delusional if you think otherwise...
Neither the Griz or scats are a national power

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

It depends on how you define "national power". Not going to argue with you.

G-BEARS said:
westnodak93bison said:
G-BEARS said:
Bear Axed said:
Joe Choake and his whole Frontier Conference staff will be exposed by the third week....
Tye is the best coach on the kitty staff and you are correct, this years Griz will completely demoralize him.....

They're declaring themselves a "national power" over on bobcatnation, and claim you're delusional if you think otherwise...

The fact that a fan of the most dominant team of the last half decade is on a Griz forum, on a Saturday night, in the spring, tends to say otherwise about the Griz though...

G-BEARS said:
G-BEARS said:
westnodak93bison said:
G-BEARS said:

The fact that a fan of the most dominant team of the last half decade is on a Griz forum, on a Saturday night, in the spring, tends to say otherwise about the Griz though...
Well you guys are one of a handful that have beat us and you have a HC that has a polar opposite approach so I find it intriguing. Offense vs defense.

westnodak93bison said:
G-BEARS said:
G-BEARS said:
westnodak93bison said:

Well you guys are one of a handful that have beat us and you have a HC that has a polar opposite approach so I find it intriguing. Offense vs defense.

So, you even Now come to admit that we are an
intriguing National Power......uhhmm K,

Carry on..... :thumb:

G-BEARS said:
Interesting, too, at the somewhat random moment, there are 200 logins on egriz, and 12 on Wombat Nation. The Bison forum has 75 viewers at the moment.

UMGriz75 said:
G-BEARS said:
Interesting, too, at the somewhat random moment, there are 200 logins on egriz, and 12 on Wombat Nation. The Bison forum has 75 viewers at the moment.
Well one of the kittens must of read what you said and put out an all points bobcat batter alert....

it now shows:
In total there are 37 users online :: 12 registered, 1 hidden and 24 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 385 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:36 pm

:msugrad:

wasnt 11/23/15 the day Rick Ash got fired?

Bear Axed said:
Most users ever online was 385 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:36 pm[/color]
Montana State Bobcats coach Rob Ash fired | Football ...
billingsgazette.com/...bobcats...rob-ash-fired/article_78e5...
Billings Gazette
Nov 23, 2015
Vultures!

Ursa Major said:
Umista said:
When Waherg went down in the rain I thought he might be done for next season...nice to see he made it back later in the game. Brint is one of our best and really took a pounding today.

Yo Brint, Thanks for the write up! Seems like we may have a good team coming on.

Brint is dead to me! I started to follow AJ's tweets when Brint went down. I love the way AJ's eyes kind of twinkle in his Twitter picture and the way he uses all caps for big plays.

You say this now, but AJ totally lacks a fashion sense. You'll come crawling back when you realize just how awkward having all your shoes being waterproof is. Edit: And don't get me started on what you look like in flannel. I did like your playoff beard though.

Whoa...whoa....hold up there

Haven't you heard that Joe Choate has ordered two new sets of Flannel BobCat uniforms from Cheapshoes.com
All in piss yaller and babyblue in order to re-brand in Flannel, the new frontier conference perennial powerhouse team he's setting in place?
:roll:
It's a whole new "Own the STATE" Era...wrinkle free and everything!

According to the roster we have the following listed --- K/P = 4; K = 3

That was not pretty! Maybe we have a chance for a punter and the weather was a problem but the jury is definitely out on both positions. This summer is going to have to show drastic improvement in both areas or we may have to run an ad for both positions. (Note to file: According to the NCAA we cannot offer hot dogs as compensation).

Seriously these positions are obviously huge holes and have to be filled in the fall.

I don't really believe Coach threw anybody under the bus. If you asked any of them they would admit their performance was lacking. If you have an obvious weakness you better try to correct it. We don't award participation metals!

I think Reese Phillips will be the best quarterback on the roster before fall camp after watching the scrum today. He throws a better ball, is mobile, looks defenders off of the receivers, and just moves like a quarterback. The receivers dropped a lot of Reese's passes that hit them in the fricken numbers today TERRIBLE DROPS. He may over take Gus in fall camp for the starting job. I was hoping he would get a series with the 1's to see what he could do. Gus was solid today and had a few nice deep throws but is still bombing the ball badly over the receivers heads. The offense is totally dependent on big plays (like last year) with him behind center because there is absolutely no run game to speak of. The running game would be greatly helped by a mobile quarterback like Phillips. The Griz have three quarterbacks that can play at the FCS level at a high level going into next season and have great quarterback depth. I was also really impressed with Cody McCombs and I think he would have seen the field a lot this season if he could play. He is the best running back the Griz have. All other running backs were non factors today plain and simple. James Homan and Jerry Louie McGee will be stars this season and both are great players. I think Collin Bingham will also be on the field a lot and will really push Horner and Ralston (bad drop today) he reminds me of the Sandland kid MSU had last season. Jesse Sims is an absolute monster! Treshawn Favors broke a big run and Sims ran him down from ten yards back. They were dropping Sims back into pass coverage (did well) and he was great pass rushing off of the edge. The defense as a whole is a very, very solid group and the new DT transfers are a huge gain for the defense. It will be tough to score on this group. The kicking game is really, really bad.

grizaremoregooder said:
I think Reese Phillips will be the best quarterback on the roster before fall camp after watching the scrum today. He throws a better ball, is mobile, looks defenders off of the receivers, and just moves like a quarterback. The receivers dropped a lot of Reese's passes that hit them in the fricken numbers today TERRIBLE DROPS. He may over take Gus in fall camp for the starting job. I was hoping he would get a series with the 1's to see what he could do. Gus was solid today and had a few nice deep throws but is still bombing the ball badly over the receivers heads. The offense is totally dependent on big plays (like last year) with him behind center because there is absolutely no run game to speak of. The running game would be greatly helped by a mobile quarterback like Phillips. The Griz have three quarterbacks that can play at the FCS level at a high level going into next season and have great quarterback depth. I was also really impressed with Cody McCombs and I think he would have seen the field a lot this season if he could play. He is the best running back the Griz have. All other running backs were non factors today plain and simple. James Homan and Jerry Louie McGee will be stars this season and both are great players. I think Collin Bingham will also be on the field a lot and will really push Horner and Ralston (bad drop today) he reminds me of the Sandland kid MSU had last season. Jesse Sims is an absolute monster! Treshawn Favors broke a big run and Sims ran him down from ten yards back. They were dropping Sims back into pass coverage (did well) and he was great pass rushing off of the edge. The defense as a whole is a very, very solid group and the new DT transfers are a huge gain for the defense. It will be tough to score on this group. The kicking game is really, really bad.

Nice! So McCombs is better than Nguyen who rushed for 900+ and caught about 30 balls and has played major minutes his whole career, and Calhoun who tied a Griz record for true freshman TD's, plus Favor and Counts, one who has been ripping it up this pre-season and the other who scored a historic TD for our boys and looks like 300 lbs of muscle poured into a 180 lb case? I know the "electric cabbage" is legal in Washington and Colorado, maybe it's time to relocate.

I don't think Phillips is passing Gus.

RB's I'm guessing will go:

1 - Nguyen
2 - Favors
3 - Calhoun (power option)
4 - Counts

SaskGriz said:
grizaremoregooder said:

Nice! So McCombs is better than Nguyen who rushed for 900+ and caught about 30 balls and has played major minutes his whole career, and Calhoun who tied a Griz record for true freshman TD's, plus Favor and Counts, one who has been ripping it up this pre-season and the other who scored a historic TD for our boys and looks like 300 lbs of muscle poured into a 180 lb case? I know the "electric cabbage" is legal in Washington and Colorado, maybe it's time to relocate.
McCombs really played well today. I didn't know who he was before today but I was really impressed with what I saw. Too bad he has to sit out a year.

bgbigdog said:
Ursa Major said:
Umista said:
When Waherg went down in the rain I thought he might be done for next season...nice to see he made it back later in the game. Brint is one of our best and really took a pounding today.

Yo Brint, Thanks for the write up! Seems like we may have a good team coming on.

Brint is dead to me! I started to follow AJ's tweets when Brint went down. I love the way AJ's eyes kind of twinkle in his Twitter picture and the way he uses all caps for big plays.

You say this now, but AJ totally lacks a fashion sense. You'll come crawling back when you realize just how awkward having all your shoes being waterproof is. Edit: And don't get me started on what you look like in flannel. I did like your playoff beard though.
Ultimately you're right Big Dog. Sure the allure of a younger, faster tweeterer is always tempting. But then I think of the history I have with Brint. The years of awaiting his magical prose after each game, the knowledge he has about the program and those colorful tables and charts. Damn it, why can't I quit him!

Personally, I was disappointed that much of the time Gus did not look at his other receivers. He seems to
lock on to his target early and wait before getting the ball off. But what do I know, I never played the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back