• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Tate Forcier rumors

LOL if he didn't have game would he have a 10 page thread dedicated to him from a school that won't even see him play on their team.

Forshizzlegrizzle said:
LOL if he didn't have game would he have a 10 page thread dedicated to him from a school that won't even see him play on their team.

LOL You're reading my post as if I was declaring, "The kid gots game". When in fact I wasn't, I was rather using a quote from the announcer in the highlight video, hence using that appropriate quote to title the video.

Forshizzlegrizzle said:

wanna bet?

I gotta go. There's a hypothermic kid with maroon blanket sitting in the field behind my house. Something about a great pumpkin.

Hammer said:
Forshizzlegrizzle said:

wanna bet?
Hammer, you are killing me man-how do know Forcier is coming to Montana? I heard on the radio this morning that he was leaving Michigan but that was pretty much all they said (ESPN Colin Cowherd).

Grizbacker1 said:
WyomingGrizFan said:
Grizbacker1 said:
I have been wrong before

That isn't what you always tell me.

That's because you always swallow the bait. :thumb:

Oh, such naïveté.

Quite actually, it is I that has you believing that I believe what you believe to be beliveable, not you believing that I actually believe what you believe to be beliveable.

Ok,

Here's the latest from Michigan's side of the rumor mill:

Last Updated: January 13. 2011 8:42PM

Report: Tate Forcier wants to play for U-M, father says The Detroit News

Quarterback Tate Forcier wants to return to Michigan's football team, his
father, Mike Forcier, told the recruiting Web site TheWolverine.com.

"I can tell you this - he didn't fail his classes," Mike Forcier said in the
report. "I'm really not sure what's going on. I just flew into Ann Arbor to
figure everything out and see how we can get this whole thing resolved."

Tate Forcier was sent home from the Gator Bowl for not meeting "university
standards," according to a press release issued by U-M.

During Wednesday's introduction of new head coach Brady Hoke, athletic
director Dave Brandon said Forcier is not enrolled at Michigan. When Hoke
was asked if Forcier would be on the team, he replied, "I don't know."

A source told The Detroit News on Wednesday night that Forcier planned to
meet with university officials this week to try to regain enrollment and
eligibility.

"Tate wants to stay (at U-M)," Mike Forcier told TheWolverine. "I didn't
come with a moving van. Our intent is to do whatever is necessary for him to
rejoin the team and become a student-athlete again. We haven't talked to any
other schools and we won't until we've exhausted every resource here. But
Tate wants to stay and we want him to stay."

From The Detroit News:
http://detnews.com/article/20110113/SPORTS0201/101130454/Report--Tate-Forcie
r-wants-to-play-for-U-M--father-says#ixzz1AyQ7cbXq

This is the same detroit news that reported grades were the reason Forcier sat out the bowl. Earlier it reported he quit the team based on a big 10 network report. Before that it reported Forcier was blowing off voluntary practices--turned out he was in class. Bottom line, half the crap it reports about this kid is second hand and bogus. And it never doubles back to correct its report.
it seems absurd that Mike Forcier would not know what's going on with Tate, which has all been reported in CA as well.

griz4life said:
This is the same detroit news that reported grades were the reason Forcier sat out the bowl. Earlier it reported he quit the team based on a big 10 network report. Before that it reported Forcier was blowing off voluntary practices--turned out he was in class. Bottom line, half the crap it reports about this kid is second hand and bogus. And it never doubles back to correct its report.
it seems absurd that Mike Forcier would not know what's going on with Tate, which has all been reported in CA as well.

Well put, pard. I trust nothing from Detroit.

Ilovethecats, gb1, thanks.

I thought the post was fair, ILTC. I didn't see anything but objectivity.

I'll trust the AD to do it's homework on the kid (and apparently his family), set the expectations correctly and let the chips fall. That highlight reel was pretty damned impressive. Now I'm wondering if our O-line can protect him well enough to let things unfold the way they did on that reel...

Oline concerns me.

Then again, D concerns me, too.

Oh, and special teams...

Oh, well, I can't control anything about it but rooting for the Griz.

Go Griz!

Hammer said:
Forshizzlegrizzle said:

wanna bet?

Well if you are right that would be great BUT I have heard this song before....Kessman...Perry and others...for God sake there is some guy on here saying there is kid who has intersted in the U and Montana that the biggest bunch of BULLSHIT ever we are not even in the same universe of class of athlete as Miami pulls. Everybody likes to blow sunshine up everyone elses ass during this time of year to get a rise. I don't bite anymore until I see the kid is on campus.

Quote from Forcier's dad that I got from Mgoblog

"Tate wants to stay (at U-M)," Mike Forcier told TheWolverine. "I didn't come with a moving van. Our intent is to do whatever is necessary for him to rejoin the team and become a student-athlete again. We haven't talked to any other schools and we won't until we've exhausted every resource here. But Tate wants to stay and we want him to stay."

Unwrittengriz said:
Quote from Forcier's dad that I got from Mgoblog

"Tate wants to stay (at U-M)," Mike Forcier told TheWolverine. "I didn't come with a moving van. Our intent is to do whatever is necessary for him to rejoin the team and become a student-athlete again. We haven't talked to any other schools and we won't until we've exhausted every resource here. But Tate wants to stay and we want him to stay."

Well, Hell. If it came from a blog it's as good as gold. :lol:

AllWeatherFan said:
Here's what I can't figure out: Why wouldn't he transfer to another FBS school and burn a redshirt year?

There's a gamble to that, also. Your future school isn't going to stop recruiting QB's while you wait your chance. You could end up waiting a year only to be a backup anyway.
Don't most of the guys who transfer to another FBS have three years ahead of them?

PlayerRep said:
I wonder what Forcier's parents were doing in Red's several weeks ago.

Was Chris treating them to some beverages so they couldn't argue with Michigan's administration appropriately?

Back