• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Tate Forcier rumors

If it wasn't an illegal recruiting inducement I think I could seal the deal if I got them on board the yacht and the bevy of beauties. :thumb:

PlayerRep said:
I wonder what Forcier's parents were doing in Red's several weeks ago.

Well I have absolutely no idea... but I can tell you they weren't here to talk to the school about football, because his dad just said they have not talked to any schools. (See quote above) So either they were just coming to hit the bar scene on MT... or daddy's a liar. :lol:

Or I guess there's a 3rd option which is that they weren't in Red's and you don't know what the hell you're talking about... I suppose that could happen.

Grizbacker1 said:
If it wasn't an illegal recruiting inducement I think I could seal the deal if I got them on board the yacht and the bevy of beauties. :thumb:

I am available for recruitment.

poorgriz said:
PlayerRep said:

Well I have absolutely no idea... but I can tell you they weren't here to talk to the school about football, because his dad just said they have not talked to any schools. (See quote above) So either they were just coming to hit the bar scene on MT... or daddy's a liar. :lol:

Or I guess there's a 3rd option which is that they weren't in Red's and you don't know what the hell you're talking about... I suppose that could happen.

Just hitting the bar scene I'm sure :roll: :roll:

I'm sure they were just out for an afternoon of fun when they toured the campus and stadium also? :shock:

millertime said:
PlayerRep said:

Was Chris treating them to some beverages so they couldn't argue with Michigan's administration appropriately?

Yes, but Chris was also trying to negotiate the transfer fee, as well as trying get his camera to work to upload photos to egriz/facebook. He was assuring the parents that if Tate would do shots and beers with him at Red's, and allow photos of it, he would win the Payton Award next year.

Grizbacker1 said:

No offense to you GB1 (even though I have no idea who you are, what you do, or even if you have a penny to your name...I am guessing/pretty sure you are successful though :thumb: so congratulations on that, seriously). But the Forciers do own a very successful limo company in moneytown usa (san diego), they are on and in the water often. I don't know if they own a yacht themselves, but wouldn't be totally suprised if they did. But your potential offer would I'm sure be appreciated, if it were not (like you stated) improper. :laugh: I, on the other hand, am under no such NCAA regulatory oversite and am thus considering any and all offers of generosity. :lol: :beer2: :party:

:egriz:

Here is (as stated) unconfirmed speculation by one of his teammates:
Michigan running back Mike Cox told the Michigan Daily that "he didn't think" Forcier attended the team meeting amid unconfirmed message board speculation Forcier is transferring to the University of Montana.

entire article:

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2011/01/report_qb_tate_forcier_on_verg.html

So, does this mean that the greatest coach is now opening up the Griz program to academically ineligible second string quarterbacks? hmmm....kinda sad to see UM fall.....

In my opinion, Forcier was a damn good QB when he started for Michigan as a Freshman. His grades will make it here. I have a feeling Michigan used that as ammunition against the kid. Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't most dropdowns guys that beat out as a starter at their school before transferring? Does that mean they're not good? According to a few of you, yes. I guess every dropdown must really stink.

Come on get real. At the very least give the kid the benefit of the doubt to start.

mtgrizrule said:
In my opinion, Forcier was a damn good QB when he started for Michigan as a Freshman. His grades will make it here. I have a feeling Michigan used that as ammunition against the kid. Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't most dropdowns guys that beat out as a starter at their school before transferring? Does that mean they're not good? According to a few of you, yes. I guess every dropdown must really stink.

Come on get real. At the very least give the kid the benefit of the doubt to start.

Are you saying that the UNIVERSITY of Michigan used academics to rid themselves of a second string qb who will now "make it" at UM? Now, that is troubling on many levels....maybe the football program at UM is out of sync with the purpose of the school.

GRIZ737 said:
Here is (as stated) unconfirmed speculation by one of his teammates:
Michigan running back Mike Cox told the Michigan Daily that "he didn't think" Forcier attended the team meeting amid unconfirmed message board speculation Forcier is transferring to the University of Montana.

entire article:

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2011/01/report_qb_tate_forcier_on_verg.html

That article is from LAST Wednesday, the 12th. There have been more recent articles since, including his Dad flying into Michigan on Thursday, the 13th. He had hoped to meet with their new coach on the 14th, but did not. The most recent article stated that Tate would like to stay at Michigan if they would have him. As of this moment (Monday midnight Pacific), there has been nothing more stated officially by the school. I would guess we would see something no later than end of this week, as classes for Michigan start next Tuesday. If he were not returning to the Wolverines, then perhaps he will do a visit this weekend, but that would only be speculation as I have no inside information.

Is there a provision in NCAA rules allowing transfer toanother FBS school when there is a head coaching change? When Pete Carroll left USC there were players who transfered out....I'm being told that Forcier can transfer to Pitt or somewhere in FBS without losing a year of eligibility....is this correct?

moxrox said:
Is there a provision in NCAA rules allowing transfer toanother FBS school when there is a head coaching change? When Pete Carroll left USC there were players who transfered out....I'm being told that Forcier can transfer to Pitt or somewhere in FBS without losing a year of eligibility....is this correct?

This is what I found.....

Exceptions for Divisions I and II if you are in a four-year school
If this is your first transfer...
If you have never transferred before from a four-year school, you might be able to use the one-time transfer exception to play
right away at a Division I or II school.
To use this exception, you must:
1. Be playing a sport other than baseball in Division I, basketball in Division I, men's ice hockey in Division I or football in Division
I. Note: In football you may be eligible to use this exception if:
a.
You transfer from a Football Bowl Subdivision (formerly Division I-A) school to a Football Championship Subdivision
(formerly Division I-AA) school and have at least two seasons of competition remaining; or
b. You transfer from a Football Championship Subdivision (formerly I-AA) school that offers athletics scholarships to a
Football Championship Subdivision (formerly Division I-AA) that does not offer athletics scholarships.

Important Note: If you do not qualify for this exception due to any of the conditions in Subsection 1 above, you may
be able to use the exception if you were not recruited by your first four-year school AND have never received an athletics
scholarship.
2. Be in good academic standing and making progress toward your degree;
3. Have been considered eligible if you had stayed in your first school; and
4. Have a written release agreement from your first school saying that it does not object to your receiving an exception to
the transfer residence requirement. If your request for a written release is not provided within seven business days of the
previous institution receiving the request, the release shall be granted by default and the previous institution shall provide
a written release to you. Further, if the release is denied, you may be entitled to a hearing conducted by an institutional
entity or committee outside of the athletics department (e.g., the office of student affairs; office of the dean of students; or a
committee composed of the faculty athletics representative, student-athletes and nonathletics faculty/staff members).

New Michigan head coach interview/video, from Monday, Jan 17th. At the 6:02 mark he mentions two QBs (Denard and Devon) that are "talented guys" and are "guys that we've got a chance to work with". No mention of Forcier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP__FEv1_qA&feature=player_embedded

For those that think there is no way a QB of Tates caliber would come to UM (FCS) or even know where it is better think again. Look no further than Tates older brother, Chris Forcier:

Chris Forcier, HS...No. 7 ranked dual-threat quarterback in nation and No. 17 player in California by rivals.com...ranked No. 13 quarterback nationally by ESPN.com...rated No. 14 quarterback nationally and No. 28 player in California by SuperPrep...earned four stars from rivals.com and scout.com...rated No. 19 quarterback nationally, No. 3 quarterback and No. 27 player in California by scout.com...led team to CIF titles as a junior and senior...two-time first-team all-state all-purpose (medium schools) selection by Cal-Hi Sports...MVP of the 2005 CIF Championship game...also was a member of the track team (100m, 200m, 4 x 100 relay).

Chris Forcier, College...UCLA back-up QB during his FR year...then a new head coach came in and he asked Forcier to move to WR with his 6'3" build and timed 4.38 in the 40 (by UCLA coaches)...he made the WR move in spring but then transferred to play QB...he chose FURMAN (FCS -- All the way across the country) because of Furmans reputation and their ability to develop players into the NFL (Ingle Martin, the transfer QB from Florida that had a lot of succerss at Furman, now in the NFL).

2010 season...Furman Junior quarterback Chris Forcier sustained a broken left shoulder in the second quarter (versus FBS 13th-Ranked South Carolina) and was out for the rest of the season. It was just game #2 of the season. Furman trailed just by 12 pts with under 6 minutes left in the game when South Carolina returned a INT for an 80 yard touchdown.

Back