• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Tate Forcier rumors

moxrox said:
Is there a provision in NCAA rules allowing transfer toanother FBS school when there is a head coaching change? When Pete Carroll left USC there were players who transfered out....I'm being told that Forcier can transfer to Pitt or somewhere in FBS without losing a year of eligibility....is this correct?

There is no transfer exception for coaching changes. USC's transfer exceptions resulted from the major ncaa sanctions, not the coach's departure.

PlayerRep said:
millertime said:
[Was Chris treating them to some beverages so they couldn't argue with Michigan's administration appropriately?

He was assuring the parents that if Tate would do shots and beers with him at Red's, and allow photos of it, he would win the Payton Award next year.

That's funny. Great context.

IntuitiveGriz: I don't think "a QB of Forcier's caliber not being willing to transfer to MT or knowing where UM is" has ever been the argument. That would be very ignorant considering the fact Craig Ochs and Drew Miller were both pretty high-profile drop downs at UM. What I think many argue on here is that no matter what anyone posts "that they know", there is absolutely NOTHING SUBSTANTIAL to suggest that Tate Forcier is, will or is even considering transferring to UM. This rumor was started out of pure hope that he will because he is a spread-option offense QB and UM is going into next season looking at Jordan Johnson as the starter. No disrespect to Johnson intended. Look at all of the Forcier threads and show me one single shred of evidence to suggest that HE is transferring to Montana, NOT Griz fans hoping he's transferring to Montana. Every thread started with essentially the same thing "Tate Forcier might leave Michigan (Has Now) and would be a good fit for the Griz. In the grand scheme of things, him being a good fit has absolutely nothing to do with him ACTUALLY coming here. I think this is one is a reach, as are most threads about drop downs. If I'm wrong and Forcier is the starting QB for the Griz in Knoxville, I'll gladly say I was wrong and be happy to have been wrong, because he's obviously a very good player. But I've yet to be shown one shred of evidence that this 12-page thread is nothing more than what the title states "Tate Forcier Rumors", which originated right here on Egriz.

havgrizfan said:
IntuitiveGriz: I don't think "a QB of Forcier's caliber not being willing to transfer to MT or knowing where UM is" has ever been the argument. That would be very ignorant considering the fact Craig Ochs and Drew Miller were both pretty high-profile drop downs at UM. What I think many argue on here is that no matter what anyone posts "that they know", there is absolutely NOTHING SUBSTANTIAL to suggest that Tate Forcier is, will or is even considering transferring to UM. This rumor was started out of pure hope that he will because he is a spread-option offense QB and UM is going into next season looking at Jordan Johnson as the starter. No disrespect to Johnson intended. Look at all of the Forcier threads and show me one single shred of evidence to suggest that HE is transferring to Montana, NOT Griz fans hoping he's transferring to Montana. Every thread started with essentially the same thing "Tate Forcier might leave Michigan (Has Now) and would be a good fit for the Griz. In the grand scheme of things, him being a good fit has absolutely nothing to do with him ACTUALLY coming here. I think this is one is a reach, as are most threads about drop downs. If I'm wrong and Forcier is the starting QB for the Griz in Knoxville, I'll gladly say I was wrong and be happy to have been wrong, because he's obviously a very good player. But I've yet to be shown one shred of evidence that this 12-page thread is nothing more than what the title states "Tate Forcier Rumors", which originated right here on Egriz.

If I didnt hate Havre so much I agree 100% :) I also would love him here for his playing ablility but time will tell. I know there was one article that mentioned a writer that "knows" someone from the West at and eastern school is transferring to the Griz. Who knows how true that is. I say can't wait for February 2nd and let the chips fall where they may.

havgrizfan said:
there is absolutely NOTHING SUBSTANTIAL to suggest that Tate Forcier is, will or is even considering transferring to UM. This rumor was started out of pure hope that he will because he is a spread-option offense QB and UM is going into next season looking at Jordan Johnson as the starter. No disrespect to Johnson intended. Look at all of the Forcier threads and show me one single shred of evidence to suggest that HE is transferring to Montana, NOT Griz fans hoping he's transferring to Montana.

Hammer said:
It's a DONE deal. Just like when I broke the news about opening up at Tennessee, but got called everything but white by all the know it all's on this board. I expect the same this time.

Forcier is a Griz.

Hmmmm . . . . opinions vary . . . :?:

Someone with the ability ought to go through this thread an make it a sticky....keeping track of those who say they know he is coming and those that say they know he isn't in contact with UM....so when the final bell tolls one group will have to face the music and admit they are blowing smoke. Because one group sure is wrong...and I have no idea which one

Ursus1 said:
Someone with the ability ought to go through this thread an make it a sticky....keeping track of those who say they know he is coming and those that say they know he isn't in contact with UM....so when the final bell tolls one group will have to face the music and admit they are blowing smoke. Because one group sure is wrong...and I have no idea which one

I give it a 50/50 chance :lol:

So we have Grizincatland saying that there has been no contact and it ain't going to happen - and we have Hammer saying it is a done deal, and PlayerGreenieRape saying Tate's parents were at Red's.

Not tryin to mean mug ya Grizincatland, but given these points of view - I'm gonna side with Hammer and Player 9.3 times out of t10. And this will be one of those times.

Beyond poster creditability - it just seems to fit. Griz need to pull a rabbit outta the hat after watching EWU catch and pass us this year - we need a QB - We wanna run Spread - Tate needs a place to play - He is the prototype spread QB. Why wouldn't he wanna come here, and why wouldn't we want him? Just seems to fit.

GeauxGriz said:
So we have Grizincatland saying that there has been no contact and it ain't going to happen - and we have Hammer saying it is a done deal, and PlayerGreenieRape saying Tate's parents were at Red's.

Not tryin to mean mug ya Grizincatland, but given these points of view - I'm gonna side with Hammer and Player 9.3 times out of t10. And this will be one of those times.

Beyond poster creditability - it just seems to fit. Griz need to pull a rabbit outta the hat after watching EWU catch and pass us this year - we need a QB - We wanna run Spread - Tate needs a place to play - He is the prototype spread QB. Why wouldn't he wanna come here, and why wouldn't we want him? Just seems to fit.
I don't know if is necessarily a good thing to have PR state Forcier's parents were at Reds. With his self-proclaimed relationship with the team this can't be good. Forcier may be done before he even starts. Great, another Auburn incident. Nevermind, Newton didn't do anything wrong. Carry on PR!

bigtyme said:
GeauxGriz said:

I don't know if is necessarily a good thing to have PR state Forcier's parents were at Reds. With his self-proclaimed relationship with the team this can't be good. Forcier may be done before he even starts. Great, another Auburn incident. Nevermind, Newton didn't do anything wrong. Carry on PR!

So asking a question a question on the Internet is a potential issue? You are dumber than I thought. Are you going to tell us again that your dad played for the Griz, and that makes you special? By the way, some downtown bartenders have said this. Don't know if what they've said is accurate.

havgrizfan said:
IntuitiveGriz: I don't think "a QB of Forcier's caliber not being willing to transfer to MT or knowing where UM is" has ever been the argument. That would be very ignorant considering the fact Craig Ochs and Drew Miller were both pretty high-profile drop downs at UM...

havgrizfan: That argument was partly YOUR argument. You can take back the "very ignorant" part now if you wish. You said that in this thread:

Re: ESPN Reports Forcier is no longer with Michigan
by havgrizfan » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:16 pm

and that still gives ZERO indication that he's coming to MT or even knows where UM is...havgrizfan
Full time eGrizzer

GeauxGriz said:

So when will we know who was right and who eats the shit sandwich? :?:

well here is something to think about, pflu probably was at oregon when he was recruited to play for the ducks. i would bet he probably knows where um is at. just a thought

GeauxGriz said:

Seems like a perfect fit at UM! I hope it happens!!

Geaux you hurt my feelings by being so mean. :cry:

Just kidding and I agree that Hammer and Player are some of the finest posters in the history of Egriz and I think that they would humbly accept thier esteemed position in the Egriz nation, however, there has been absolutely nothing to this point that indicates that TF is coming to Missoula. There are a few unsubstantiated rumors that his parents were in town - other than that, not one significant fact to support that he is coming.

I also agree that talent wise, he would fit nicely into the spread system and everything seems to fit, however that does not equate into him becoming a Griz. From what I know and those that I have talked to (my super secret / my source is better than your source people) there has been no contact to date and there are scholarship issues for the spring semester - meaning TF would have to pay his own way until next fall.

All that being said, things could change tomorrow and I will take my side 3.7 times out of 10.

Grizincatland said:
Geaux you hurt my feelings by being so mean. :cry:

Just kidding and I agree that Hammer and Player are some of the finest posters in the history of Egriz and I think that they would humbly accept thier esteemed position in the Egriz nation, however, there has been absolutely nothing to this point that indicates that TF is coming to Missoula. There are a few unsubstantiated rumors that his parents were in town - other than that, not one significant fact to support that he is coming.

I also agree that talent wise, he would fit nicely into the spread system and everything seems to fit, however that does not equate into him becoming a Griz. From what I know and those that I have talked to (my super secret / my source is better than your source people) there has been no contact to date and there are scholarship issues for the spring semester - meaning TF would have to pay his own way until next fall.

All that being said, things could change tomorrow and I will take my side 3.7 times out of 10.

There hasn't been any substantiated fact or announcement that he will play at any school, yet. Does that mean that he's not going to play anywhere next year and retire from football? That's what recruiting season is all about, one big rumor mill.

I think there's a good chance he'll end up at UM for the simple fact that talented players don't like to sit on the bench. This was probably the first year in 10+ years that Forcier wasn't a starting QB. Staying FBS means sitting out another year, and then potentially not even starting after that. Where else would he go in FCS? Pflugrad probably recruited him to some extent at OU, J Smith is a SoCal guy, the system fits, our returning WR corps is as talented as you'll find anywhere, and didn't his brother transfer down to Furman?

No need for a retraction. I said, it would be ignorant to think QUARTERBACKS of that caliber don't know where Montana is. But how should I know if Tate Forcier specifically does? I said: I haven't seen one shred of evidence that he does. And I have still been shown not one shred of evidence that he does. And NO, in my view, coach Pflu recruiting him at Oregon does not automatically mean the Griz are on his radar. This is all conjecture - except for one thing....through this entire thread, at least up until 11:37 a.m. today, i now one certainty, Tate Forcier is NOT listed as a quarterback at the University of Montana. That's a fact. And like I said before, IF i'm wrong and he winds up in Maroon and Silver in Sept. in Knoxville, I'll be very glad I was wrong. I'm not egotistical like so many on this board. I can happily admit I'm wrong.

So we have people who are adamant that they know he is coming, and people who are adamant that they know he isn't coming

Think I'll be going with Hammer/PR on this one

Back