• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The case for Ty Gregorak

Status
Not open for further replies.
UMGriz75 said:
They brought in Joe Glenn, and ... nothing. Then Dave Christensen who went 27-39 and is no longer a head coach, but an offensive coordinator.

Joe was a good fit for the program, raised a shit ton of money and got the IPF built.. but the man couldn't coach offense (or couldn't find anyone to coach it). Christiansen could coach offense, but the man couldn't find a DC to save his life. Brought in a ton of talent on the offensive side of the ball, and some on defense, but boy you can't recruit Texas heavy and survive in Laramie. Christiansen had some serious control issues.. he'll never be a HC again.

EdG said:
Ty is:

-Local
-Had a great year
-Wants to stay in Missoula
-Knows the program
-Knows the players
-Knows the recruts coming in
-Knows the recruting area
-Played here
-Can motivate the players
-A great guy

All that is great EdG, other than the fact he didn't play here, but how does that translate into him being a good head coach?

EdG said:
Ty is:

-Local moved to town in 2003
-Had a great year 8-4 one road win
-Knows the program
-Knows the players
-Played here Colorado
-A great guy

EdG said:
Ty is:

-Local
-Had a great year
-Knows the program
-Knows the players
-Played here
-A great guy
Colorado, Ed. Ty played at COLORADO.

Wyoming has had 15 winning seasons -- most of those not decisively winning -- since 1970, 44 years. The "tradition" is a 66% chance of a losing season. There is a point when something is no longer a "tradition" and has become instead an anomaly.

Titleist, I am talking about the era began by Don Read: 1986-Present.

Before that, the GRIZ sucked more often than not--we lost more games than we won with a few periods of exception, like the Swarthout years of the late 60's, early 70's.

Since 1986, our program has flourished, and we have done that completely by promoting assistant coaches, whether they were current assistants, Dennehy, Pflugrad, Delaney, or past assistants, Glenn and Hauck.

Since we have succeeded despite what we have gone through with our scandals, etc., I see no reason to change our recipe for success. You do, and that's fine.

And while I know that Wyoming has a proud tradition and history in their college football program with Tiller/Roach, etc., --you obviously know a lot more about it than I do, I also know that they haven't experienced continued success recently, thus all of the recent coaching changes: Glenn, Christianson, and now Bohl within the last 10 years.

Good luck to your Cowboys and Coach Bohl: I hope he succeeds and I hope he also recruits and adds some high-school athletes from The State of Wyoming to his roster !!!

billingsgriz said:
Titleist, I am talking about the era began by Don Read: 1986-Present.

Before that, the GRIZ sucked more often than not--we lost more games than we won with a few periods of exception, like the Swarthout years of the late 60's, early 70's.

Since 1986, our program has flourished, and we have done that completely by promoting assistant coaches, whether they were current assistants, Dennehy, Pflugrad, Delaney, or past assistants, Glenn and Hauck.

Since we have succeeded despite what we have gone through with our scandals, etc., I see no reason to change our recipe for success. You do, and that's fine.

And while I know that Wyoming has a proud tradition and history in their college football program with Tiller/Roach, etc., --you obviously know a lot more about it than I do, I also know that they haven't experienced continued success recently, thus all of the recent coaching changes: Glenn, Christianson, and now Bohl within the last 10 years.

Good luck to your Cowboys and Coach Bohl: I hope he succeeds and I hope he also recruits and adds some high-school athletes from The State of Wyoming to his roster !!!
OK, so Brent Pease fits your requirements perfectly.

I would say Pease should at least be considered if he's interested, though I haven't heard ringing endorsements for his hire from GRIZ alum and fans that know him.

billingsgriz said:
I would say Pease should at least be considered if he's interested, though I haven't heard ringing endorsements for his hire from GRIZ alum and fans that know him.

He is interested, and Griz alum and fans aren't the ones that do the hiring. I think he will be a finalist for the job.

Gregorak or Pease, either would have my vote, which I don't have, as well as anyone else posting in this thread.

Gregorak, stood solid thru RE mystery shit storm, and persevered in developing a defense that any team in the Big Sky salivate to have.

Tutor players now, in the NFL, and has the respect of his players past and present, and the endorsement of his current head coach.

Gregorak is a proven commodity, especially in the conference we live.

He should be a strong consideration for the position, and I would not be dismayed if he was awarded the job..

Did you see that Delaney called Kefense Hynson an offensive genius in his presser with the Missoulian? He's endorsed Gregorak as head coach and Hynson as an offensive genius. We should probably keep them both. Who could argue with praise like that?

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Gregorek is a proven commodity which is why anyone with a fu*king brain would want him out of here ASAP

I am not trying to over simplify Ty's HC chances but as a poster said in another thread "let's see how the D does against Eastern". If the Griz win in Cheney, and the D plays well, Ty can probably ride the "mo" to the HC job. If the Griz lose big, and the D gets torched by VA and Co., the "torches and pitchforks" mentality in Griz Nation will start up all over again .....
That's just the way it is around here.

griz4life said:
Did you see that Delaney called Kefense Hynson an offensive genius in his presser with the Missoulian? He's endorsed Gregorak as head coach and Hynson as an offensive genius. We should probably keep them both. Who could argue with praise like that?
Yeah, I saw those comments -- and they all made me shudder.

PlayerRep said:
'68griz said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Gregorek is a proven commodity which is why anyone with a fu*king brain would want him out of here ASAP
Yup!

Nope.

scarecrow1.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back