• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The case for Ty Gregorak

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is funny. Everyone keeps saying that we know what we have with Ty...it seems about half think it is enough to promote him to head coach while the other half seem to think it is reason not to promote him.

spsyk said:
griz4life said:
Sea Bass said:
spsyk said:
Speaking for myself, it's because his wife Candice is beautiful, and a lot of fun at road games, and because on Halloween, Ty becomes my favorite Super Hero, and because his son is a future linebacker.

He played the game, payed his dues learning under respected coaches, FTC, and provides the Program with the best defense in the Big Sky.

RE fired the Coach Of The Year, it's beginning to look like EGrizzers are no different than RE at casting off our own.

Just MHO

I'm not sure it's about casting off our own spsyk. For me it's simply about finding the best candidate and not just promoting from within because it's the path of least resistance. If he truly is the best candidate then he should get the job. Whether he is or not is the big question and one only Haslam can answer.

Exactly.

Let me ask you this, Spysk. If someone on the current Griz staff became head coach in the next couple weeks. Anyone, Gragg, Gregorak, Hynson, Green, Legi. Anyone. Would that person be the best head coach in the Big Sky Conference?

Would that person hired from the Griz staff be one of the 10 best coaches in FCS?
That's all this job search should be about, making sure that the next head coach is the best head coach in conference and at least one of the 10 best in FCS. If there's a Griz assistant who is ready to be the best head coach in the Big Sky on day one, then great. Hire him.

If that coach is a project who might be the best head coach after a few years, then he shouldn't even be considered.
The Griz have a lot of momentum right now with a new academic center, new locker rooms and weight rooms approved for construction. Why match the excitement of that progress with anyone less than the best.

Answer this question: Why is Ty Gregorak a better head coach than Beau Baldwin? I'm sure Brint and Playerep will help you out.

Grizforlife,

I'll try to answer your question the best I can, since I’m a non paid poster in this forum, and have no input whats so ever for the decision to be made by Haslam and Engstrom.

If we hire within the present coaching staff, don’t know for sure, although we do know what we have and what has been accomplished as far as TG is concerned.

There are some variables as far as getting the best coach that is possible, and that #1 variable is salary, and the salary being offer for the HC at the UM is not going to get what you appear to fantasize about.

Baldwin is fine where he is at, and just for a moment, think about it and let me know how you would feel about a coach that left you program in a lateral change.

Me, personally would not look favorable at him as far as character, not even considering his coaching ability

Speaking for myself that is why Ty Gregork is a better coach for the UM than Baldwin…

Now, my endorsement for TG for HC is my endorsement that he should be consider as a candidate for the position, and let the chips fall where they fall.

Now, if I still believe in Santa Clause my wish from him would be to get Brent Pease, and retain Gregork,Gragg,Green,and Legi. and included in that wish, a new single OC. hopefully not Gragg.

That would be my wish, highly unlikely, because of the Santa Clause thing, not sure he is real, just like it is not possible to get the best coach in the world for the money paid for the job at the UM.

Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas

What will be, will be, and we all still have Egriz to vent frustration, and I’m OK with that.

Ty is not the better coach of the 2, but he is the only one the Griz have a chance of hiring...

kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
kemajic said:
billingsgriz said:
So all of these voices opposed to promoting from within, what is your opposition based on ?
No problem hiring a former "within" like Pease, who is clearly qualified for the job. But the opposition to hiring a current assistant is based simply on a strong belief that they do not stack up well against other available options. The anecdote that the Kennedy hire was a bad one is being overused, particularly when it has little relevance to this situation. You like do discount Read (who redefined the program), while touting Huack, whose Montana playing/coaching experience consisted of one grad. assistant year 15 years prior to coming in as HC. Please take your argument to Haslam, who will be making the decision; you've made your opinion over and over here and you provide nothing new.

Hauck attended UM and grew up in MT. He was hardly an outsider. I believe Haslam has asked billingsgriz to go back to egriz, and try to straighten out some people, like yourself.
Thanks for your contribution; since the Haucks went to High School 40 miles away, I was pretty well aware of their education. But getting back to relevance, please describe the extent of BH's football playing and coaching at UM prior to becoming HC. In getting BH, we got far more Neuheisel than we got Montana. Haslam's top target today is not a current UM assistant.

You want to minimize Hauck's connection to UM, but I'm not going to let you get away with that. Again, attended UM and grad assistant. Brother was a star football player at UM. Hauck grew up in Montana. His dad was a long-time coach. Hauck went to many coaches conventions with his dad, and knew many MT high school coaches before he returned. His family had various summer places near Kalispell and Georgetown lake. Hauck and his family were well-known in MT and Bobby and Tim were naturals for recruiting MT. If you playing/coaching at a school are the only ways to be connected to a school or state, well then...you are hopeless, and clueless

grizindabox said:
spsyk said:
griz4life said:
Sea Bass said:
I'm not sure it's about casting off our own spsyk. For me it's simply about finding the best candidate and not just promoting from within because it's the path of least resistance. If he truly is the best candidate then he should get the job. Whether he is or not is the big question and one only Haslam can answer.

Exactly.

Let me ask you this, Spysk. If someone on the current Griz staff became head coach in the next couple weeks. Anyone, Gragg, Gregorak, Hynson, Green, Legi. Anyone. Would that person be the best head coach in the Big Sky Conference?

Would that person hired from the Griz staff be one of the 10 best coaches in FCS?
That's all this job search should be about, making sure that the next head coach is the best head coach in conference and at least one of the 10 best in FCS. If there's a Griz assistant who is ready to be the best head coach in the Big Sky on day one, then great. Hire him.

If that coach is a project who might be the best head coach after a few years, then he shouldn't even be considered.
The Griz have a lot of momentum right now with a new academic center, new locker rooms and weight rooms approved for construction. Why match the excitement of that progress with anyone less than the best.

Answer this question: Why is Ty Gregorak a better head coach than Beau Baldwin? I'm sure Brint and Playerep will help you out.

Grizforlife,

I'll try to answer your question the best I can, since I’m a non paid poster in this forum, and have no input whats so ever for the decision to be made by Haslam and Engstrom.

If we hire within the present coaching staff, don’t know for sure, although we do know what we have and what has been accomplished as far as TG is concerned.

There are some variables as far as getting the best coach that is possible, and that #1 variable is salary, and the salary being offer for the HC at the UM is not going to get what you appear to fantasize about.

Baldwin is fine where he is at, and just for a moment, think about it and let me know how you would feel about a coach that left you program in a lateral change.

Me, personally would not look favorable at him as far as character, not even considering his coaching ability

Speaking for myself that is why Ty Gregork is a better coach for the UM than Baldwin…

Now, my endorsement for TG for HC is my endorsement that he should be consider as a candidate for the position, and let the chips fall where they fall.

Now, if I still believe in Santa Clause my wish from him would be to get Brent Pease, and retain Gregork,Gragg,Green,and Legi. and included in that wish, a new single OC. hopefully not Gragg.

That would be my wish, highly unlikely, because of the Santa Clause thing, not sure he is real, just like it is not possible to get the best coach in the world for the money paid for the job at the UM.

Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas

What will be, will be, and we all still have Egriz to vent frustration, and I’m OK with that.

Ty is not the better coach of the 2, but he is the only one the Griz have a chance of hiring...

Well that may be your assumption on who the better HC is, however, TG has not had the opportunity to prove you wrong, so why not wait and see.

grizindabox said:
It is funny. Everyone keeps saying that we know what we have with Ty...it seems about half think it is enough to promote him to head coach while the other half seem to think it is reason not to promote him.

The half that doesn't want to promote him were the half that thought the Griz would not make the playoffs.

PlayerRep said:
grizindabox said:

The half that doesn't want to promote him were the half that thought the Griz would not make the playoffs.

Really? You believe that half of Griz fans thought the Griz would not make the playoffs at 8-4? You sir are just talking out your a$$.

HelenaHandBasket said:
PlayerRep said:
grizindabox said:

Really? You believe that half of Griz fans thought the Griz would not make the playoffs at 8-4? You sir are just talking out your a$$.

No, during the season. There were a huge number of posters on egriz, as well as other fans, who didn't think UM would make the playoffs. You were probably one of them.

PlayerRep said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
PlayerRep said:
grizindabox said:

No, during the season. There were a huge number of posters on egriz, as well as other fans, who didn't think UM would make the playoffs. You were probably one of them.

I thought the Griz were a 7-8 win team and that is exactly what they were. I suppose you thought they would be 10-2?

PlayerRep said:
grizindabox said:

You're getting so blinded by your agenda that you're making stuff up; display the evidence for this "correlation."

kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
grizindabox said:

You're getting so blinded by your agenda that you're making stuff up; display the evidence for this "correlation."
Yeah, I kinda agree with you, Kem.

kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
grizindabox said:

Why don't you provide evidence that the statement isn't correct?

Feel free to explain how my "agenda" caused this statement.

And, consider trying to get even a semblance of a sense of humor.

Gregorak certainly wouldn't be the worst thing to happen for us, but if we did hire him, it would mean we probably couldn't get our first three or four picks, which would be more than a little concerning to me.

PlayerRep said:
kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
grizindabox said:

Why don't you provide evidence that the statement isn't correct?

Feel free to explain how my "agenda" caused this statement.

And, consider trying to get even a semblance of a sense of humor.
Nice lawyer trick to try to switch which back the monkey is on. It's on yours, you made the ridiculous statement. That had no humor attached....

I don't have any stats or specific professional examples to support this but I would support Gregorak over Gragg any day. In fact, I am keeping my fingers crossed that Gragg doesn't get the job. I have interacted with Gragg a few times, including when he was a coach at Silverton and I do not have a high impression of him as a person. He may know his stuff on the field and when working with players but he's kind of a jerk as an individual. This is 100% my own 2 cents but I really hope he is not the head coach next fall.

Someone just answer the question. Is Ty Gregorak the best head coach in the Big Sky? Is he as good as Beau Baldwin? Is he as good as Mike Kramer? Is he as good as Walsh? If the answer isn't yes to all of the above, why is he the best head coach for the university of Montana?

Everyone wanted him fired after last year's North Dakota game. Half wanted him fired after this year's Cal Poly game. Half didn't know what to think after the Eastern Washington. Half now want him named head coach after we beat the Cats. Half must be 7th grade girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back