• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UM vs. spuds at BS tourney (Thurs 3/9)

kyle sample @kyle_sample
1m
Idaho's Jordan Scott called for his 4th on a terrible call on the baseline. Oguine hits both FTs, Griz down 66-65. Lopez has 4 for UM

GrizLA said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
GrizLA said:
UM needs a 3 pt shooter more than they need a big man.

Depends which end of the floor you are talking about.

Fast guards can make big guys foul...3 pt shooters win games.

The Griz lack a consistent 3 point player and depth in the front court. The lack of front court depth has been a big factor on the defensive end.

Did Kriskovic foul out?he might have won the game had he been in..Montana had every chance to win...too bad..

Ugh damn shame. That's twice against Idaho where missed free-throws at the end of the game possibly changed the outcome. Congrats to the spuds.

Tense fun exciting game, great to watch even if the outcome was discouraging. Seems our kids were fighting up hill all day, but I'm proud of their spunk and their fight. I think we came from twelve down to tie the game late.
Not surprisingly, the problems that have plagued us all year popped up yet again:
--Inconsistent outside shooting;
--Lack of an inside game;
--Critical misses, both from the field and the foul line, down the stretch.
So I'm just gonna say what I've said after every critical loss this year, "Hey! Wait till next year!"
The cavalry is on the way.

Back