• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UM vs. spuds at BS tourney (Thurs 3/9)

Gotta say, I'm damn proud of the guys for hanging tough and making it so close. Sometimes there isn't much you can do when the team you're playing is shooting above 60% in the first half. It isn't like Idaho was getting wiiiiiide open looks.

...13 seconds in the game...
...Let them score 1 second on shot...
...it's been a problem all flipping year...

...Fcuk me too...

The announcer is ok, it is Cravens that is as abrasive as sand paper. He obviously is not a fan of the Griz...though he gave a shout out to Blaine Taylor...so, I guess that's ok....I'd move if I had to sit next to him and listen to his "analysis"...
[/quote]

Now, you know how I invariably feel seeing any of your foolish anal-yses. As for Cravens, he has been nothing but complimentary to Montana and is an excellent analyst and a colorful color guy, a misstatement or two notwithstanding. Now, I look forward to being without your sobbing for a few months.

GRIZ can't get it done when it's all on the line. They had their shots. Sadly the norm at this point in FB as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fat Bruno said:
The announcer is ok, it is Cravens that is as abrasive as sand paper. He obviously is not a fan of the Griz...though he gave a shout out to Blaine Taylor...so, I guess that's ok....I'd move if I had to sit next to him and listen to his "analysis"...

Now, you know how I invariably feel seeing any of your foolish anal-yses. As for Cravens, he has been nothing but complimentary to Montana and is an excellent analyst and a colorful color guy, a misstatement or two notwithstanding. Now, I look forward to being without your sobbing for a few months.
[/quote]

you have a very sad life. I don't.

George Ferguson said:
Griz will win the reg season title and play for the Big Sky championship next season. Book it.

I think they will, as well. They are a pretty young team.

GrizLA said:
George Ferguson said:
Griz will win the reg season title and play for the Big Sky championship next season. Book it.

I think they will, as well. They are a pretty young team.

I will third that. Our guards -----how can I as a mere old player explain them except "holy shit" they are good, and only juniors next year. :pray:
Morehead, Fab, Sam, and the new guys---- :yikes:
Sayeed well hell he can go anywhere--coast to coast one of the best.

To the old guys---THANK YOU--you pushed the program forward and as old GRIZ will never be forgotten just remembered as damn fine players.

GO GRIZ

GrizLA said:
Fat Bruno said:

you have a very sad life. I don't.
[/quote]

It sure as hell doesn't sound like it. You sound like the Donald. Saaaad!

fanofzoo said:
... I will third that. Our guards -----how can I as a mere old player explain them except "holy shit" they are good, and only juniors next year. :pray:
Morehead, Fab, Sam, and the new guys---- :yikes:
Sayeed well hell he can go anywhere--coast to coast one of the best.

To the old guys---THANK YOU--you pushed the program forward and as old GRIZ will never be forgotten just remembered as damn fine players.

GO GRIZ
Roger that. :thumb:

From Sample on last Griz game of season
Griz fall short against Vandals, end season 16-16
http://skylinesportsmt.com/idaho-beats-griz/

Tough loss but a great game. Looking forward to next year. What home did that color announcer escape from?

George Ferguson said:
Really?, U.n.d.has 3 returning starters and most of their major bench players are underclassman too.they will be tough again next year.

braves84 said:
George Ferguson said:
Really?, U.n.d.has 3 returning starters and most of their major bench players are underclassman too.they will be tough again next year.

Well, they are 0-1 against Montana this year, and Montana has some stellar players on their bench and coming in.....

GrizLA said:
braves84 said:
George Ferguson said:

Well, they are 0-1 against Montana this year, and Montana has some stellar players on their bench and coming in.....

The Griz has very promising talent incoming, but Braves84 has a valid point. UND will be tough, and has another touted D1 transfer coming in... as does Weber State (transfer from Utah). Idaho graduates only one senior (who came off the bench)... Sac State and PSU return most of their starters, and the Bobcats lose only Quinton Everett, while getting a touted senior transfer from UVU. I expect the Big Sky to be tougher than it was this season.

I think we could be great next year too but we have to start holding teams to fewer points. To dominate the big sky I think we have to consistently hold BSC teams under 70 at least and to be frank probably under 65. If we want a chance to compete in the NCAA tourney we need to hold BSC teams to less than 60 with regularity. 65 points should be enough to win almost any college game imho.

grizzlyjournal said:
GrizLA said:
braves84 said:
George Ferguson said:

The Griz has very promising talent incoming, but Braves84 has a valid point. UND will be tough, and has another touted D1 transfer coming in... as does Weber State (transfer from Utah). Idaho graduates only one senior (who came off the bench)... Sac State and PSU return most of their starters, and the Bobcats lose only Quinton Everett, while getting a touted senior transfer from UVU. I expect the Big Sky to be tougher than it was this season.

That is true every year, or nearly so. But, UM has proven they can beat anyone in the league but Sac State who stands to lose more than gain next year. Still, unless the Big Sky can win the non conference games they schedule against the power conferences, it will always be a nice show for its fans and maybe, that's enough. I am an optimist with this team. We will see next year...

GrizLA said:
grizzlyjournal said:
GrizLA said:
braves84 said:

That is true every year, or nearly so. But, UM has proven they can beat anyone in the league but Sac State who stands to lose more than gain next year. Still, unless the Big Sky can win the non conference games they schedule against the power conferences, it will always be a nice show for its fans and maybe, that's enough. I am an optimist with this team. We will see next year...
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Bjorn Bjornstein said:
GrizLA said:
grizzlyjournal said:
GrizLA said:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm an optimist too but we just finished one of our worst BSC seasons in the past 10, many others teams in conference return (or have recruited) good players, and Griz fans keep referring to all this stellar talent that didn't play this year. I'm not sold and will stand by my ongoing comments about our guards' size. Watched numerous drives to the hoop by our guards last night (including the final attempt) where a guard runs into a wall and can't get a shot off.....or the shot turns into a double pump scoop that for whatever reason doesn't go in. How many under 5 foot shots did the Griz miss last night? Other end of the court...a guy like Idaho's Sanders is hard stop mostly because he's got 3 to 5 inches on whoever is guarding him.

Back