• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

What's New @ Stadium?

bgbigdog said:
cclarkblues said:
UMGriz75 said:
They are still not sure what it is ....
50c2e4d51ed07.image.jpg

It looks a lot like the shag carpeting that my parents bought in the 70's.

Did they get that cool carpet rake to go with the shag?

No, they were too cheap. But it was tan just like that.

13619868_10208665513769157_5764708697864529988_n.jpg
VS
13267884_595044374005614_2939086841688503673_n.jpg

Hopefully they enclose the bottom section to make sure we don't lose any noise factor? Definitely a lot larger screen! A HUU-GGG-EE "GRIZ" emblem on top would be also awesome! Any one know what the final product will look like?

The final product is supposed to look like this.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/UMGRIZZLIES_FB/status/735154648412127232[/tweet]
http://www.gogriz.com/news/2016/5/24/football-new-griz-vision-set-for-washington-grizzly-stadium.aspx

Display_1.jpg

Display2.jpg

Display3.jpg

maroonandsilver said:
uofmman1122 said:
grizare#1 said:
New turf coming starting sometime in July.
Is it still Sprinturf?

No, it will be FieldTurf, which has a cooperative agreement with the State of Montana, which eliminates the bidding process. They are in town this summer anyway to do MCHS Stadium, and Naranche in Butte. FieldTurf base is a mixture of ground rubber and cork, which makes for a cooler surface than straight black rubber. FieldTurf is also in the Grizzly Softball Stadium. I expect that the concern of ground rubber as a possible carcinogen will come up for discussion with the Regents, especially if they read the recent article in the Missoulian about the Carroll soccer player who links that base with her cancer and provides statistics nation-wide pointing to that link. FieldTurf, BTW, denies there is a link.
Just curious. I remember people being way up in arms over us renewing with Sprinturf instead of going with FieldTurf back around 2007 or whenever they renewed. The consensus back then was that FieldTurf was the superior product. This was back when WaGriz was the highest profile Sprinturf field in the world. Not sure there's much of a difference now, though.

Funding for the new video board comes from Learfield, UM Athletics' long-time exclusive multimedia rights holder, whose local Grizzly Sports Properties team works in alignment with Haslam and the entire athletic administration.

"It's exciting for us that the Griz chose ANC for its new video board install, a company we know delivers best-in-class, state-of-the-art technology," said Justin Barnes, general manager for Grizzly Sports Properties. "Without a doubt, fans coming to Washington-Grizzly Stadium for football this season will be blown away by what they see, and we know it will complement their overall game-day experience."

The new display system will be integrated with the 270' of LED ribbon which ANC installed for the 2015 season. The entire display network will be operated through ANC's award-winning vSOFT™ control system, enabling all the displays to feature content separately or to synchronize together. Through a multi-year partnership, ANC will service, operate during events and create content for the display system.
ANC is owned by Learfield. I get an impression that Learfield is using this as a promo for ANC sales of its "next generation" display technology, and so this will be a "state of the art" display.

MCPS stadium won't be using the tire crumb rubber. They are using something called EPDM. Here is an article. Maybe UM will use the same thing.

http://www.kulr8.com/story/31983018/mcps-stadium-to-get-artificial-turf

grizpack said:
MCPS stadium won't be using the tire crumb rubber. They are using something called EPDM. Here is an article. Maybe UM will use the same thing.

http://www.kulr8.com/story/31983018/mcps-stadium-to-get-artificial-turf

Thanks. I'll bet(hope) you are right, and UM will use EPDM rubber as well.

uofmman1122 said:
maroonandsilver said:
uofmman1122 said:
grizare#1 said:
New turf coming starting sometime in July.
Is it still Sprinturf?

No, it will be FieldTurf, which has a cooperative agreement with the State of Montana, which eliminates the bidding process. They are in town this summer anyway to do MCHS Stadium, and Naranche in Butte. FieldTurf base is a mixture of ground rubber and cork, which makes for a cooler surface than straight black rubber. FieldTurf is also in the Grizzly Softball Stadium. I expect that the concern of ground rubber as a possible carcinogen will come up for discussion with the Regents, especially if they read the recent article in the Missoulian about the Carroll soccer player who links that base with her cancer and provides statistics nation-wide pointing to that link. FieldTurf, BTW, denies there is a link.
Just curious. I remember people being way up in arms over us renewing with Sprinturf instead of going with FieldTurf back around 2007 or whenever they renewed. The consensus back then was that FieldTurf was the superior product. This was back when WaGriz was the highest profile Sprinturf field in the world. Not sure there's much of a difference now, though.

The new turf will actually be state of the art as well. Each fiber will encompass a frosty tip that also doubles as a micro speaker to ensure that our field is always cold and loud.

Pictures of the new Griz Vision don't really do it justice. It is a big time addition. ppl will love it.

griz5700 said:
Pictures of the new Griz Vision don't really do it justice. It is a big time addition. ppl will love it.

Yeah, I just realized it's damn near the width of the entire middle section of the SEZ. :eek: :clap:

Htowngriz said:
griz5700 said:

Yeah, I just realized it's damn near the width of the entire middle section of the SEZ. :eek: :clap:

Gonna be great seeing it from the top of the NEZ!

get'em_griz said:
Htowngriz said:
griz5700 said:
Gonna be great seeing it from the top of the NEZ!
When I was covering Griz Football way back "when," I don't think there even were "endzone" bleachers. The entire budget, which I think was about $600, had been put into the typical high school sideline bleachers. The West sideline bleachers were highly coveted because they were closer to the A&W across the street. The East side, not nearly so coveted because of the risk of getting hit in the back of the head with a golf ball. But, I don't in any case recall any endzone bleachers at all.

Who in the heck wants to sit in an "endzone" to watch a football game?

Maybe its just a misconception on my part, but it seems like another aspect of Washington Griz Stadium is that it has converted a former negative into a near positive with the development and design of the "North End Zone," which it seems is nearly on the verge of having its own fanclub. The new Display does kind of add to that sense that the stadium design almost favors North End Zone seating.

First of all, "back then" you all should have been forced to wear helmets to game to avoid the long term effects of golf ball related injuries.

Second of all why would anyone want to sit anywhere other than an endzone to watch a football game. Its the first person vantage point to watch things develop on the field the same way they look on the field.

People that sit on the sidelines never played the game.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
First of all, "back then" you all should have been forced to wear helmets to game to avoid the long term effects of golf ball related injuries.
The "wear helmets to game" and the loss of the necessary article "the" that more closely makes the sentence resemble English is an obvious sign of playing to much game without "the helmet." As in "Coach says I've been dame-bramaged." You were that guy, weren't you? You should be the first to want to protect players from long-term damage, just based on personal experience. :twisted:

UMGriz75 said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
The "wear helmets to game" and the loss of the necessary article "the" that more closely makes the sentence resemble English is an obvious sign of playing to much game without "the helmet." As in "Coach says I've been dame-bramaged." You were that guy, weren't you? You should be the first to want to protect players from long-term damage, just based on personal experience. :twisted:

The only brain damage I see are your voluminous verbose posts with a side of liberal slant that would make Hillarys cloven hooves curl.

I didnt forget the apostrophe its just that I dont give a fuck, get some help if you dont comprehend that.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
UMGriz75 said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
The only brain damage I see are your voluminous verbose posts with a side of liberal slant that would make Hillarys cloven hooves curl.

I didnt forget the apostrophe its just that I dont give a f***, get some help if you dont comprehend that.
Well, besides dropping key words, dame-bramaged people frequently also have anger management issues. It's probably too late, but get that checked. You're probably screwed, but they may have a pill or something.

http://www.nytimes.com/1990/08/07/science/when-rage-explodes-brain-damage-may-be-the-cause.html

Back