• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Why Can Southern Utah Out-Recruit Us?

Grizbeer said:
I don't know about the rest of you, but I am still pissed that ISU ou-recruited Joe Glenn for Jared Allen. HTF does that happen?

Joe Glenn didn't even know that Jared Allen existed. ISU did not out-recruit us because we never the kid existed. I know the entire story about how ISU got Allen, because I know the former team orthopedic surgeon for the Bengals when Allen played. But then, don't let that keep you from tooling on.

BWahlberg said:
MrTitleist said:
I wonder if this kind of logic popped up during the Mariani and Colt Anderson days.

Or the Tyrone Holmes days?

Or the Zach Wagenmann days...

Or the Trumaine Johnson and Schann Schillenger days...

Or the Dan Carpenter days...

Or the Caleb McSurdy days...

Or the Jordan Tripp and Brock Coyle days...

You and your Wally World followers continue to have my post go squarely over you head! Your most recent lame attempt to be relevant by posting this list of Griz greats means absolutely NOTHING in the context of the topic of this thread. I don't know why I even try to discuss football objectively with hacks who swill so much grape Kool-Aid that their piss turns purple.

Uh, my post should have been very clear to anyone with half a brain. It did not suggest that SUU was a better team, or consistently out-recruited us. All it stated was that they were able to find two players at the D-back position who were certainly better than the group of D-backs we have recruited the past 3-4 years. Period!!! If you are unable to understand, or even admit that this fact is true, then you are a worse homer than I even thought! Does being recruited by the NFL mean anything to you? Is it possible for you to EVER admit that any other team does something better than we do?

Every Griz fan with a clue knows that our safety and CB positions have not been of the quality that we used to recruit, for the past few years. Yet, SUU was able to recruit two kids good enough to be drafted by the NFL. If you will go back and re-read my first post, I listed being "lucky" about hitting on a couple of marginal kids who had no other offers as one possibility. But, you and the sugar brigade find it necessary to jump my ass accusing me of stating that SUU was better at recruiting, in general, than UM. Something I do not believe, nor ever stated!

Why don't you and your minions try to be objective for once in your life, instead of trying to slam every one of my posts with off-the-topic, irrelevant posts?

Atlanta Griz1 said:
Uh, my post should have been very clear to anyone with half a brain. It did not suggest that SUU was a better team, or consistently out-recruited us. All it stated was that they were able to find two players at the D-back position who were certainly better than the group of D-backs we have recruited the past 3-4 years. Period!!! If you are unable to understand, or even admit that this fact is true, then you are a worse homer than I even thought! Does being recruited by the NFL mean anything to you? Is it possible for you to EVER admit that any other team does something better than we do?

Every Griz fan with a clue knows that our safety and CB positions have not been of the quality that we used to recruit, for the past few years. Yet, SUU was able to recruit two kids good enough to be drafted by the NFL. If you will go back and re-read my first post, I listed being "lucky" about hitting on a couple of marginal kids who had no other offers as one possibility. But, you and the sugar brigade find it necessary to jump my ass accusing me of stating that SUU was better at recruiting, in general, than UM. Something I do not believe, nor ever stated!

Did it ever occur to you that the Griz coaches maybe didn't know about these players, much like Joe Glenn didn't know about Jared Allen? Montana does not actively recruit Utah, where Cowser came from, or Nevada where Killebrew and Sims came from. I mean, that couldn't possibly be it, right?

Atlanta Griz1 said:
You and your Wally World followers continue to have my post go squarely over you head! Your most recent lame attempt to be relevant by posting this list of Griz greats means absolutely NOTHING in the context of the topic of this thread.

Oh yeah? Your thread title is simply, "why can SUU out-recruit us?" And then you counter your own thread title by closing the post with this:

Atlanta Griz1 said:
2) this was a one-time phenomenon, and they got lucky with lightly-recruited players that developed into studs.

So you use one point to pretty much un-do the purpose of your thread and it's title as easily and obviously the reason why. Yep SUU got some studs on defense, the Griz have studs on defense all the time, SUU had a few on one team. Good for them.

But... in true Growler fashion, you don't end there and dig your own grave:

Atlanta Griz1 said:
It did not suggest that SUU was a better team, or consistently out-recruited us.

Then explain the thread title?

Atlanta Griz1 said:
All it stated was that they were able to find two players at the D-back position who were certainly better than the group of D-backs we have recruited the past 3-4 years. Period!!!

Ah yes, adding to your straw man argument! You never mentioned any specifics of comparison to current or recent Grizzly safeties. This is your first mention of it. How were posters to know? You're trying to revise your argument to give it more credibility when, in fact, you make yourself look like even more of an ass.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
If you are unable to understand, or even admit that this fact is true, then you are a worse homer than I even thought!

Except you didn't use this argument until now. Did SUU have better safeties than the UM in the last 3-4 years? Of course they did. You didn't make this argument in your original post, how could one provide a counter point without an actual point to argue?

Atlanta Griz1 said:
Does being recruited by the NFL mean anything to you? Is it possible for you to EVER admit that any other team does something better than we do?

Again with the just making stuff up out of air. Nowhere did I admit the Griz do everything right. You're just making up some random, and totally pointless attack.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
Every Griz fan with a clue knows that our safety and CB positions have not been of the quality that we used to recruit, for the past few years.

The play of JR Nelson and Nate Harris was pretty good last year, especially down the stretch. JR was poised to be 1st team all-conference, maybe still could be pending his appeal. Markell Sanders appears to be a good starting guy but we'll have to see. Parker was looking like a good fit but left b/c he didn't mesh with Stitt and company. We're thin at CB this year but I don't think our CB recruits have been terrible. We got spoiled with Tru, he's an impossible benchmark to set our standard on.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
Yet, SUU was able to recruit two kids good enough to be drafted by the NFL. If you will go back and re-read my first post, I listed being "lucky" about hitting on a couple of marginal kids who had no other offers as one possibility. But, you and the sugar brigade find it necessary to jump my ass accusing me of stating that SUU was better at recruiting, in general, than UM. Something I do not believe, nor ever stated!

Oh man... yeah I mean where could I have had that type of idea that you said something like that.... hmm... maybe in your THREAD TITLE?

Atlanta Griz1 said:

Atlanta Griz1 said:
Why don't you and your minions try to be objective for once in your life, instead of trying to slam every one of my posts with off-the-topic, irrelevant posts?

Oh I think we've thoroughly found out who can't be objective, who attacks others, and who makes irrelevant posts there skippy.

And BTW, I'm carrying over the score from MB. And considering you just got eviscerated I'm calling this one a grand slam and tallying 4 points scored. It's 64-0. Mercy rule anyone?

101415_tor_edwin_homer_lo_tvj8xl7o.gif

BWahlberg said:
MrTitleist said:
I wonder if this kind of logic popped up during the Mariani and Colt Anderson days.

Or the Tyrone Holmes days?

Or the Zach Wagenmann days...

Or the Trumaine Johnson and Schann Schillenger days...

Or the Dan Carpenter days...

Or the Caleb McSurdy days...

Or the Jordan Tripp and Brock Coyle days...

Or the Jimmy Wilson days...

Or the Kroy Biermann days....

Or the Tuff Harris days.....

Or the Chase Reynolds days....

Or the William Poehls days....

Or the Lex Hilliard days.....

BWahlberg said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
You and your Wally World followers continue to have my post go squarely over you head! Your most recent lame attempt to be relevant by posting this list of Griz greats means absolutely NOTHING in the context of the topic of this thread.

Oh yeah? Your thread title is simply, "why can SUU out-recruit us?" And then you counter your own thread title by closing the post with this:

Atlanta Griz1 said:
2) this was a one-time phenomenon, and they got lucky with lightly-recruited players that developed into studs.

So you use one point to pretty much un-do the purpose of your thread and it's title as easily and obviously the reason why. Yep SUU got some studs on defense, the Griz have studs on defense all the time, SUU had a few on one team. Good for them.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
It did not suggest that SUU was a better team, or consistently out-recruited us.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
All it stated was that they were able to find two players at the D-back position who were certainly better than the group of D-backs we have recruited the past 3-4 years. Period!!!

Ah yes, adding to your straw man argument! You never mentioned any specifics of comparison to current or recent Grizzly safeties. This is your first mention of it. How were posters to know? You're trying to revise your argument to give it more credibility when, in fact, you make yourself look like even more of an ass.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
If you are unable to understand, or even admit that this fact is true, then you are a worse homer than I even thought!

Except you didn't use this argument until now. Did SUU have better safeties than the UM in the last 3-4 years? Of course they did. You didn't make this argument in your original post, how could one provide a counter point without an actual point to argue?

Atlanta Griz1 said:
Does being recruited by the NFL mean anything to you? Is it possible for you to EVER admit that any other team does something better than we do?

Again with the just making stuff up out of air. Nowhere did I admit the Griz do everything right. You're just making up some random, and totally pointless attack.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
Every Griz fan with a clue knows that our safety and CB positions have not been of the quality that we used to recruit, for the past few years.

The play of JR Nelson and Nate Harris was pretty good last year, especially down the stretch. JR was poised to be 1st team all-conference, maybe still could be pending his appeal. Markell Sanders appears to be a good starting guy but we'll have to see. Parker was looking like a good fit but left b/c he didn't mesh with Stitt and company. We're thin at CB this year but I don't think our CB recruits have been terrible. We got spoiled with Tru, he's an impossible benchmark to set our standard on.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
Yet, SUU was able to recruit two kids good enough to be drafted by the NFL. If you will go back and re-read my first post, I listed being "lucky" about hitting on a couple of marginal kids who had no other offers as one possibility. But, you and the sugar brigade find it necessary to jump my ass accusing me of stating that SUU was better at recruiting, in general, than UM. Something I do not believe, nor ever stated!

Oh man... yeah I mean where could I have had that type of idea that you said something like that.... hmm... maybe in your THREAD TITLE?

Atlanta Griz1 said:

Atlanta Griz1 said:

Oh I think we've thoroughly found out who can't be objective, who attacks others, and who makes irrelevant posts there skippy.

And BTW, I'm carrying over the score from MB. And considering you just got eviscerated I'm calling this one a grand slam and tallying 4 points scored. It's 64-0. Mercy rule anyone?

Trolls are not bound by truth, logic or history. This is good but unnecessary work unless the point is to evoke an inconsistent, twisted self agrandizing reply. So again, good work either way.

BWahlberg said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:

Atlanta Griz1 said:

Atlanta Griz1 said:

Atlanta Griz1 said:

Atlanta Griz1 said:

Atlanta Griz1 said:

Atlanta Griz1 said:

Atlanta Griz1 said:

Atlanta Griz1 said:

Atlanta Griz1 said:

I by no means want to step into your on going battle with Growler. But I think the fact that someone like Miles Killebrew played for SUU, instead of the Griz, stings a little to Growler and demanding fans like him. He is the kinda player that the Griz used to get all the time at that position. That is, the "under the radar"studs that develop into to great FCS safeties and have shots to play in the NFL. Killebrew was definitely out there and was available as a recruit. Who knows if the Griz coaches, at the time, knew about him. At 6' 3" 220lbs, I hardly doubt he'll be back in Vegas after mini camp, as one poster suggested, unless he has a career ending injury. I'd suggest you just watch the guys tape. This kid can run and he sure can finish a tackle. He certainly was a value pick going in the 4th round IMO. At the end of the day, Stitt doesn't seem to be fearful of bringing in new talent to fix problems on the roster. IMO, that bodes well for future recruiting efforts. The 2012, 2013, 2014 seasons are over. Stitt is trying his best to move on from those years. I know it's still early but I like the talent that I see him bringing in......

BWahlberg said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:

Atlanta Griz1 said:

Atlanta Griz1 said:

Atlanta Griz1 said:

Atlanta Griz1 said:

Atlanta Griz1 said:

Atlanta Griz1 said:

Atlanta Griz1 said:

Atlanta Griz1 said:

Atlanta Griz1 said:

Fair. Score 4.

The title if this thread "Why Can Southern Utah Out-Recruit Us", is quite misleading. It would be like a title of "Why does Bwahlberg get banned more than growler on egriz?"

Growlers world and reality is so far out there, but he sure does make an effort for us feeble minds to relate to him. What is it like in his world? LMAO, Brint could say or do anything and growler would dispute with him, just for the hell of it.

CV Griz Fan said:
I by no means want to step into your on going battle with Growler. But I think the fact that someone like Miles Killebrew played for SUU, instead of the Griz, stings a little to Growler and demanding fans like him. He is the kinda player that the Griz used to get all the time at that position. That is, the "under the radar"studs that develop into to great FCS safeties and have shots to play in the NFL. Killebrew was definitely out there and was available as a recruit. Who knows if the Griz coaches, at the time, knew about him. At 6' 3" 220lbs, I hardly doubt he'll be back in Vegas after mini camp, as one poster suggested, unless he has a career ending injury. I'd suggest you just watch the guys tape. This kid can run and he sure can finish a tackle. He certainly was a value pick going in the 4th round IMO. At the end of the day, Stitt doesn't seem to be fearful of bringing in new talent to fix problems on the roster. IMO, that bodes well for future recruiting efforts. The 2012, 2013, 2014 seasons are over. Stitt is trying his best to move on from those years. I know it's still early but I like the talent that I see him bringing in......

I like the talent he's bringing in too, and I think we may be seeing the next great Griz safety in Josh Sandry start to come up. He will presumably give way to Strong the OSU transfer but I think in a year or two he'll be an incredible safety and found right here in-state.

BWahlberg said:
CV Griz Fan said:

I like the talent he's bringing in too, and I think we may be seeing the next great Griz safety in Josh Sandry start to come up. He will presumably give way to Strong the OSU transfer but I think in a year or two he'll be an incredible safety and found right here in-state.

That's great and all, but I'd rather lament ever other player on every other team that has even the remotest shot at the NFL and bemoan the fact that we didn't land them.

AZGrizFan said:
BWahlberg said:
CV Griz Fan said:

That's great and all, but I'd rather lament ever other player on every other team that has even the remotest shot at the NFL and bemoan the fact that we didn't land them.

When you were as dominant as the Griz were for all those years, attitudes like Growler's and other demanding fans can develop. It's part of the culture in some winning fan bases.....

I have to say it. Growler/Atlanta is a radical poster. He makes outrages claims, many of them are wild as the Eastern Montana wind. His temper gets him tossed into E-griz jail and he comes out mellow for a few days then he can't help himself and he flirts with the ban. All that said I miss the old fart when he is in jail. Things pick up as he posts the most outrages stuff but over the years I have enjoyed his rants.

His question: Why can Southern Utah Out Recruit Us? My answer is: I don't have a clue!

brewskis said:
Delaney couldn't recruit. Root of a ton of issues.

Yet when his recruiting classes came in people raved about how they were the best ever. Delaney could recruit just fine. His recruits just don't fit Stitts system. If Stitt doesnt make it, and we go back to Hauck type system, you will find that Stitt can't recruit using your same logic.

CV Griz Fan said:
When you were as dominant as the Griz were for all those years, attitudes like Growler's and other demanding fans can develop. It's part of the culture in some winning fan bases.....

Yes, but the implication in his post (and thread title) that because another school had the audacity to get a kid good enough to get a look at the NFL, that somehow we've backslid is laughable. We DO only have a certain number of scholarships....can't give one to EVERY kid who's potential future NFL material.

mtgrizrule said:
Why not take your hat off to their players who have a shot at the NFL, instead of asking why SUU out recruited the GRIZ? Just like every GRIZ in the NFL, they were developed by their coaching staff, and they busted their ass as at SUU to have their shot at the NFL.

Credit SUU for landing these players. Credit their players for their work ethic and trust in their staff to make it as far as they have. Honestly, to God, a few players in the NFL by SUU does not mean they out recruited us. I agree with AZGRIZ, give this several years to see if they can continue to have NFL prospects.

Great post....to bad Everett and CDA couldn't learn from this.

EverettGriz said:
Uh, my post should have been very clear to anyone with half a brain.

So you just got in under the wire as you were typing it?

See what I mean about amateur wannabee comedians f*cking up football threads? You couldn't talk football with a Little Grizzly mother.

Back