• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Why Can Southern Utah Out-Recruit Us?

CDAGRIZ said:
ordigger said:
CDAGRIZ said:
EverettGriz said:
It's obvious to me that your unfamiliar with the "Ask CDA" and "Why Can Montana state Out Pre-Season National Title Us" threads.

What percentage of Ordigger posts involve complaining about other posters not sticking to the Xs and Os? I'm guessing more than 50%.

You dont even know what X's and O's are. You do know what T, R, O, L are though. Last time you stuck to a topic I do believe Jimmy Carter was President.

Maybe over 60%.

Don't bury the lead here CDA. You weren't event born when Carter was president. The timeline just doesn't add up.

ordigger said:
grizindabox said:
ordigger said:
brewskis said:
Delaney couldn't recruit. Root of a ton of issues.

Yet when his recruiting classes came in people raved about how they were the best ever. Delaney could recruit just fine. His recruits just don't fit Stitts system. If Stitt doesnt make it, and we go back to Hauck type system, you will find that Stitt can't recruit using your same logic.

lmao...digger....now that is funny.....brewski nailed it.....hahahaha....OMG.....okay I'm off the floor now.

Another troll. Although not as bad as Everett, CDA, and most certainly not Alpha If you dont understand how silly Brewski's comment is in regard to our WR's you obviously have not seen a game in the last 6 years.

I will admit you do drop a few nice news bits at times, but in general you troll too.

Dig, with all due respect, refuckinglax. It's June. There really isn't a lot of actual football to be discussed. And whether you care to admit it or not, Growler's purpose for posts like these are to get people into pissing matches with him. Some of us aren't going to be baited. We'd rather use a little humor, since personally I find that more enjoyable than shouting at people hunched over my keyboard.

bgbigdog said:
CDAGRIZ said:
ordigger said:
CDAGRIZ said:
What percentage of Ordigger posts involve complaining about other posters not sticking to the Xs and Os? I'm guessing more than 50%.

You dont even know what X's and O's are. You do know what T, R, O, L are though. Last time you stuck to a topic I do believe Jimmy Carter was President.

Maybe over 60%.

Don't bury the lead here CDA. You weren't event born when Carter was president. The timeline just doesn't add up.

That's a good point.

BWahlberg said:
CV Griz Fan said:
I by no means want to step into your on going battle with Growler. But I think the fact that someone like Miles Killebrew played for SUU, instead of the Griz, stings a little to Growler and demanding fans like him. He is the kinda player that the Griz used to get all the time at that position. That is, the "under the radar"studs that develop into to great FCS safeties and have shots to play in the NFL. Killebrew was definitely out there and was available as a recruit. Who knows if the Griz coaches, at the time, knew about him. At 6' 3" 220lbs, I hardly doubt he'll be back in Vegas after mini camp, as one poster suggested, unless he has a career ending injury. I'd suggest you just watch the guys tape. This kid can run and he sure can finish a tackle. He certainly was a value pick going in the 4th round IMO. At the end of the day, Stitt doesn't seem to be fearful of bringing in new talent to fix problems on the roster. IMO, that bodes well for future recruiting efforts. The 2012, 2013, 2014 seasons are over. Stitt is trying his best to move on from those years. I know it's still early but I like the talent that I see him bringing in......

I like the talent he's bringing in too, and I think we may be seeing the next great Griz safety in Josh Sandry start to come up. He will presumably give way to Strong the OSU transfer but I think in a year or two he'll be an incredible safety and found right here in-state.

Sandry? Last I heard, he wouldn't even start this fall.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
BWahlberg said:
CV Griz Fan said:
I by no means want to step into your on going battle with Growler. But I think the fact that someone like Miles Killebrew played for SUU, instead of the Griz, stings a little to Growler and demanding fans like him. He is the kinda player that the Griz used to get all the time at that position. That is, the "under the radar"studs that develop into to great FCS safeties and have shots to play in the NFL. Killebrew was definitely out there and was available as a recruit. Who knows if the Griz coaches, at the time, knew about him. At 6' 3" 220lbs, I hardly doubt he'll be back in Vegas after mini camp, as one poster suggested, unless he has a career ending injury. I'd suggest you just watch the guys tape. This kid can run and he sure can finish a tackle. He certainly was a value pick going in the 4th round IMO. At the end of the day, Stitt doesn't seem to be fearful of bringing in new talent to fix problems on the roster. IMO, that bodes well for future recruiting efforts. The 2012, 2013, 2014 seasons are over. Stitt is trying his best to move on from those years. I know it's still early but I like the talent that I see him bringing in......

I like the talent he's bringing in too, and I think we may be seeing the next great Griz safety in Josh Sandry start to come up. He will presumably give way to Strong the OSU transfer but I think in a year or two he'll be an incredible safety and found right here in-state.

You are repeating what he said. BW did say he would give way to Strong and he thought Sandry will be an incredible safety in a year or 2. So, he is not referencing Sandry will be starting this fall. Funny, you and he agree, yet you still try stirring it up with him. :thumb:

mtgrizrule said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
BWahlberg said:
CV Griz Fan said:

You are repeating what he said. BW did say he would give way to Strong and he thought Sandry will be an incredible safety in a year or 2. So, he is not referencing Sandry will be starting this fall. Funny, you and he agree, yet you still try stirring it up with him. :thumb:

I agree with nothing he says. I am a sugar-free poster

Atlanta Griz1 said:
mtgrizrule said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
BWahlberg said:

Reading and comprehension were never Growler's strong suit.

He did get an "A" in "Plays Well With Others", however.

Some may make the claim it's attributable to grade inflation.

We could be Missouri State located in Springfield Mo. 25,000 students, an FCS school. They got a lawyer for a president, built a new stadium, got a new coach, won one game last year against a div 3 team, other schools bring more fans to Bears home games. The problem for them is simple, recruiting kids to a losing team is hard if not imposible. Toss in the facts that black and latino students have sit down protests (for what I don't know) and the basketball teams can't win...

Atlanta/Growlers do not exist in their world. Why? Because they are so damn down trodden at this time almost every Bear fan is a "Growler" and so it goes. We have a "Growler" because we win and have good football teams along with good basket ball teams. We have a long summer to wait for football action and "old Growler" fills my need for action, sometimes I think we should tip him tor this wild outrages entertainment he provides. Then I sober up and wonder if he should pay us to post.

Umista said:
We have a long summer to wait for football action and "old Growler" fills my need for action, sometimes I think we should tip him

you miiiiiiiiight want to rethink that sentence....

Umista said:
We could be Missouri State located in Springfield Mo. 25,000 students, an FCS school. They got a lawyer for a president, built a new stadium, got a new coach, won one game last year against a div 3 team, other schools bring more fans to Bears home games. The problem for them is simple, recruiting kids to a losing team is hard if not imposible. Toss in the facts that black and latino students have sit down protests (for what I don't know) and the basketball teams can't win...

Atlanta/Growlers do not exist in their world. Why? Because they are so damn down trodden at this time almost every Bear fan is a "Growler" and so it goes. We have a "Growler" because we win and have good football teams along with good basket ball teams. We have a long summer to wait for football action and "old Growler" fills my need for action, sometimes I think we should tip him tor this wild outrages entertainment he provides. Then I sober up and wonder if he should pay us to post.

Have another pop, dad

BWahlberg said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
mtgrizrule said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:

Reading and comprehension were never Growler's strong suit.

Good call, except year-end financial statements

Why can SUU out- recruit us? Well for one, Ed Lamb was a MUCH better recruiter and HC than Delaney. You can have the best facilities in the world but it still comes down to the guy in your living room..... BTW, Ed Lamb had a presence about him. MD? Not even in the same league.

Umista said:
Well Growler CV has your answer. Ed Lamb.

Next topic/question?

Sometimes it's just easier to answer the f*cking question. Multiple pages of bullshit doesn't do anybody any good. I think Stitt will improve things around here.....

ordigger said:
Umista said:
I have to say it. Growler/Atlanta is a radical poster. He makes outrages claims, many of them are wild as the Eastern Montana wind. His temper gets him tossed into E-griz jail and he comes out mellow for a few days then he can't help himself and he flirts with the ban. All that said I miss the old fart when he is in jail. Things pick up as he posts the most outrages stuff but over the years I have enjoyed his rants.

His question: Why can Southern Utah Out Recruit Us? My answer is: I don't have a clue!

Like him or hate him, at least he puts out real topics for real discussion. Thats completely opposite of posters like Everett, CDA and Alpha who post simply for drama, trolling, self gratification and chest pounding. They add nothing, although Everett and CDA were once good posters. Maybe even Alpha.....well probably not.

Considering this is a fan site, and not just a "who knows most about football" site, there's enough room for most griz fans. I like CDA's posts. Hilarious. Many of Alpha's are too. Thinks differently than I do. I like Brint's posts as well. Pays way more attention than I do, so it's helpful.

Can't really limit egriz or ticket purchasers to just those with intimate knowledge of college football. The stadium would be empty, and egriz would suck.

Gotta give that Atlanta dude credit for giant testes. Gets his ass owned by Brint and doesn't wait a day before posting again. Anonymity is bliss.

It is not like recruiting is an exact science. Colt Anderson, walk-on. Marc Mariani, walk-on. So you see, even the ex-Griz in the NFL were not recruited by the Griz...

griz=fun said:
ordigger said:
Umista said:
I have to say it. Growler/Atlanta is a radical poster. He makes outrages claims, many of them are wild as the Eastern Montana wind. His temper gets him tossed into E-griz jail and he comes out mellow for a few days then he can't help himself and he flirts with the ban. All that said I miss the old fart when he is in jail. Things pick up as he posts the most outrages stuff but over the years I have enjoyed his rants.

His question: Why can Southern Utah Out Recruit Us? My answer is: I don't have a clue!

Like him or hate him, at least he puts out real topics for real discussion. Thats completely opposite of posters like Everett, CDA and Alpha who post simply for drama, trolling, self gratification and chest pounding. They add nothing, although Everett and CDA were once good posters. Maybe even Alpha.....well probably not.

Considering this is a fan site, and not just a "who knows most about football" site, there's enough room for most griz fans. I like CDA's posts. Hilarious. Many of Alpha's are too. Thinks differently than I do. I like Brint's posts as well. Pays way more attention than I do, so it's helpful.

Can't really limit egriz or ticket purchasers to just those with intimate knowledge of college football. The stadium would be empty, and egriz would suck.

Gotta give that Atlanta dude credit for giant testes. Gets his ass owned by Brint and doesn't wait a day before posting again. Anonymity is bliss.

Oh yeah, he owns me! Ask him one more time about Robert's suspect hands, and the fact that Roberts was not good enough to start for us. Go back to sleep.

CV Griz Fan said:
Why can SUU out- recruit us? Well for one, Ed Lamb was a MUCH better recruiter and HC than Delaney. You can have the best facilities in the world but it still comes down to the guy in your living room..... BTW, Ed Lamb had a presence about him. MD? Not even in the same league.

CV, thanks for the on-topic response, and I think you may have the answer. I have always respected you as a sugar-free poster.

EverettGriz said:
Some of us aren't going to be baited. We'd rather use a little humor, since personally I find that more enjoyable than shouting at people hunched over my keyboard.
:shock: I would be shouting at anybody hunched over my keyboard that I did not know.

Latest posts

Back