• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Choate now the leader at Boise???

CDAGRIZ said:
Thank goodness. Unsurprisingly, he must have just absolutely tanked the interview.

BSU AD: So, what are your plans if you're offered the job.
CHOACH: We football now?
BSU AD: Specifically, coach, how can you explain four years without a QB?
CHOACH: F is for QB, we good enough for Football now.
BSU AD: OK, thanks for coming in, coach.
CHOACH: These cheese plates free?
BSU AD: Good luck next season, coach.
CHOACH: Tacos. No, nachos! Cheese fries next time.

I don't really care about the whole, "Hope he stays so the Griz can beat him" thing. I'm just glad he tanked because him staying relevant to me is fun. Raise a moob and grab a MILF; he lives on! :clap:

:lol:

garizzalies said:
Well, I, for one, am thrilled. Not because I want to see The Griz piss-pound his face into oblivion. And not because I would miss making fun of the greatest heel since George “The Animal” Steele.

It’s more like this. When you hear of someone winning the lottery, you think, good for them.

But, when you hear of the greatest heist this millennia, the biggest “steal” of our lifetime, the worst con since Mr. Ponzi himself, you don’t think that at all. It’s a crime Choach even made it as far as he did in the interview process.

And make no mistake about it folks, he only did so because of his record vs The Griz. Do you realize he’s only won one more playoff game than the Honorable Ron Ash? Thus, Choach’es’ scam was one snap vs The Griz from being completely exposed.

If the Hon. Mr. Ash had Choacheses’ record vs The Griz, he’d be coaching for Florida right now and not slinging spas for Mountain Hottub.

He owns the Griz! And, no it wasn't his wins over the Griz that got him the interviews. The facts are that he was considered because he came highly recommended by the highly respected Coach Peterson and many ex players that he coached. Sorry Garizallies, your scenario is jut a fantasy to make yourself feel good. MSU is fortunate to have a coach that was a finalist for one of the highly attrative coaching jobs in College football. It will only further help future recruiting. Bring on 2021!

bigsky33 said:
garizzalies said:
Well, I, for one, am thrilled. Not because I want to see The Griz piss-pound his face into oblivion. And not because I would miss making fun of the greatest heel since George “The Animal” Steele.

It’s more like this. When you hear of someone winning the lottery, you think, good for them.

But, when you hear of the greatest heist this millennia, the biggest “steal” of our lifetime, the worst con since Mr. Ponzi himself, you don’t think that at all. It’s a crime Choach even made it as far as he did in the interview process.

And make no mistake about it folks, he only did so because of his record vs The Griz. Do you realize he’s only won one more playoff game than the Honorable Ron Ash? Thus, Choach’es’ scam was one snap vs The Griz from being completely exposed.

If the Hon. Mr. Ash had Choacheses’ record vs The Griz, he’d be coaching for Florida right now and not slinging spas for Mountain Hottub.

He owns the Griz! And, no it wasn't his wins over the Griz that got him the interviews. The facts are that he was considered because he came highly recommended by the highly respected Coach Peterson and many ex players that he coached. Sorry Garizallies, your scenario is jut a fantasy to make yourself feel good. MSU is fortunate to have a coach that was a finalist for one of the highly attrative coaching jobs in College football. It will only further help future recruiting. Bring on 2021!

At a staggering 28-22 in the FCS, he was considered for the job as seriously as you were considered for the job. Favor interview written all over it. Sorry.

CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:

At a staggering 28-22 in the FCS, he was considered for the job as seriously as you were considered for the job. Favor interview written all over it. Sorry.
Classless.... :coffee:

bigsky33 said:
garizzalies said:

I pretty much agree. I don't think Choate will own the Griz any longer, tho. I also enjoy seeing CDA yank the Bobcat chain.

ilovethecats said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Yeah, maybe I shouldn’t have let everyone know. But, in my defense, I wasn’t about to let the genius BS33 outwit everyone AGAIN!

CDAGRIZ said:
ilovethecats said:

Yeah, maybe I shouldn’t have let everyone know. But, in my defense, I wasn’t about to let the genius BS33 outwit everyone AGAIN!

:lol:

I'll say, the longer that Choate is the head man at MSU and Hauck at UM the better. Two great coaches who understand the rivalry. It's great.

bigsky33 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

:clap: :lol: :lol: :lol: He is in the final two for the head coach of a premier FBS program. A program that drew the interest of top coaches around the country. Far from a favor by any measurement. I know it is tough on you that Choate is so highly thought of everywhere except for EGRIZ.

I know he fucked up the quote function on purpose. You can tell we’re dealing with next level intelligence here.

Edit: That said, I agree with BS that this favor interview will help Bozeman recruiting. Each year, youngsters all over the nation sit down with their parents at the kitchen table to mull over scholarship offers, and the main question asked is, “Well, what jobs did that coach try to bolt for?”

I’ve seen some say it helps cats recruiting. That’s interesting because I’ve had convos with cats fans who say the exact opposite. That knowing their coach is proactively looking at promotions to other programs may make it hard for a recruit and his family to commit when that commitment may not be returned.

HookedonGriz said:
I’ve seen some say it helps cats recruiting. That’s interesting because I’ve had convos with cats fans who say the exact opposite. That knowing their coach is proactively looking at promotions to other programs may make it hard for a recruit and his family to commit when that commitment may not be returned.

C’mon, man! Every recruit wants a coach who wants out of the program. It’s recruiting 101. It also fires up the current players to know that their rah rah guy was poised to jump ship if he was good enough. It solidifies their commitment. Besides, it’s not like there’s any avenue for them to jump ship.

CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:

Favor interview or Pity interview? If Choach got the job, would there be a new staffing position solely to find and develop a QB for BSU?

HookedonGriz said:

I've heard a dummy say the same thing on BN. Doesn't seem to be the case. He would have been a nut to not accept an interview when Boise St. reached out. Even if it was a "pitty" reaching-out as some have suggested.

HookedonGriz said:

He was not looking pro-actively at promotions to other programs. He had a special connection to this particular opportunity with his history there and they had an interest in him. Big difference.

ilovethecats said:
HookedonGriz said:

I've heard a dummy say the same thing on BN. Doesn't seem to be the case. He would have been a nut to not accept an interview when Boise St. reached out. Even if it was a "pitty" reaching-out as some have suggested.

:lol: “Listen, [recruit], I know I wanted nothing more than to move on from this program, and I know I did nothing to keep it from being extremely public that I wanted to move on from this program, but you should totally commit to this program.”

bigsky33 said:
HookedonGriz said:

He was not looking pro-actively at promotions to other programs. He had a special connection to this particular opportunity with his history there and they had an interest in him. Big difference.

Oh, huge difference. One one hand, there would be a coach who wants a better job and lets it be known. In this case, there was a coach who wanted a better job, let it be known, and failed. Big recruiting bump, and really great for morale.

PlayerRep said:
bigsky33 said:

I pretty much agree. I don't think Choate will own the Griz any longer, tho. I also enjoy seeing CDA yank the Bobcat chain.
It's good for MSU that he stays; they could hardly do better in that recruiting Shangri-La. He has their program on the rise and they will benefit from the continuity. But it is not going to be a long streak.

kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
If Choate stays, the Griz will the Cats the next time they play.
You might be missing a word there.....
Standard lawyering there, Kem, and quite intentional. You see, after the next ass-whooping delivered by the Cats, PR gets to deny ever saying the griz will win. In fact, based on PR's history, he will say he predicted the Cat win the whole time and the rest of you idiots need to try and keep up.

CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:

Oh, huge difference. One one hand, there would be a coach who wants a better job and lets it be known. In this case, there was a coach who wanted a better job, let it be known, and failed. Big recruiting bump, and really great for morale.

What coach would not want to advance to a better, higher profile job with an increase of over a million dollars a year to a school that reaches out to you. To be even be considered for that high profile job, never mind being a finalist is a success not a failure. The word was his players were hoping he didn't go but were happy for him that he was considered for such a high level program.

Back