• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Scott Gurnsy on bobcat players behavior after the game...

PlayerRep said:
He jammed it very hard multiple times.
giphy.gif

Allezchat said:
PlayerRep said:
Allezchat said:
GlacierGrizX said:
I agree with Gurns on this one. I don't care about the team storming the field or hoisting the trophy around the stadium. However, the Cats do not win or lose with grace. Cats players #5 and #10 taunted the entire stadium just 14 seconds after they just lost game previoulsy with the reversal of the supposed timeout. There were a few other things mentioned on here previously, that the players did, that I would shutter as alumnus. I have been living closing close to Bozeman for the past six years and tried thawing to the Cats, by going to a few games. After this display and the previous year display of Cat fans smacking our players in the helmet after rushing the field, I can no longer tolerate anything Cat-related. I don't remember anything happening in Choate's first year in Missoula, related to poor sportsmanship? I think the writing is on-the-wall for the future culture of the Cats, to which we will soon be reading in the newspapers in regard to sportsmanship. Stay classy Cats, oh don't lose in your own stadium, as I remember most of your playoff appearances resulting in one & done at your own stadium.

Are you calling out the griz players for doing the same in years past? Because if so, I can accept what you are saying. If not, then you are just hypocritical.

The differnce is that the Griz didn't do the exact same thing. The Cats cranked it up a few notches on Saturday after the game.

The griz have. I have seen them. No, before you ask, I do not have video proof, but I know what I've seen. I'm not arguing that its not the best thing for players to do. Because I don't like to see it from either side. But it does happen on both sides.

No, you are wrong. You are too biased and don't actually remember what happened. You are exaggerating or lying.

PlayerRep said:
4thecats said:
PlayerRep said:
I wonder if the Cat with the flag pole who was jamming it as hard as it could into the Griz at the center of the field did any damage to the turf. He jammed it very hard multiple times. Don't why he was doing that. If he damaged the turf, he and the Cats should have to pay for the repair.

Are you serious? So you are worried about a 1/2" piece of plastic being jammed into the field! So I'm guessing you are going to make the griz player pay for slamming a sledgehammer into the turf 3 times when the team walked out onto the field. Don't be such a hypocrite just because your team lost.
I still remember the 1997 griz going all the same stuff in Bozeman when Heppner kicked a game winner. If you don't like, then protect your home field by winning

Yes, if the turf was damaged, the kid or MSU should pay for it.

I doubt that the sledgehammer incident ever occurred, and I've never heard of it, but if it occurred and there was damage, the kid or UM should have paid for the damage.

My comment had nothing, at all, to do with who won the game. I am not a hypocrite kind of guy. Call em as I see em, for your team, or mine. I have defended the Cats, Choate and TG more on egriz, than any Griz poster, or any Cat poster. I have certainly had more influence than any Cat poster. No one on egriz would ever listen to someone like you.

How old are you, by the way? You seem pretty young, or maybe its just immature. I know you mentioned Heppner, but still.

I've not heard of the sledgehammer incident either, but I do remember from about 10 years ago the NAU Lumberjack mascot sinking his axe into the Cat's turf two or three times as the Jacks took the field. NAU paid MSU for the damage.

I have seen my fair share of Cat Griz games, even played in a few under Davidson and Swarthout. These are young men doing things in the heat of the moment. I have seen players act inappropriately from both teams, and fans,even more so, in the 60+ games I have seen.

Will some be of them regret their actions, probably. I know a couple times in my youth I said a few things that I later regretted to Cat fans.

As a paid professional though really do no like the way Mr Gurnsey handled himself with his comments. I am sure he has friends from his playing days that did inappropriate things after beating the Cats and he has done somethings that others might call classless.

I hope he learns to take a deep breath before saying things to thousands of people,that happens by both teams.

To call an entire team Classless do to the actions of a few is in my opinion bad journalism.

We both know we have players and fans on both sides that take things to far and I hope just they all learn.

Though there will always be new crop of young me riding emotions after a victory that will act inappropriately. It is called growing older.

To the players and Mr Gurnsey all I would say is how do you want to be remembered.

In this day and age of cameras in every ones pocket there are no pictures or videos?

I would tend to agree, no pics or videos have surfaced yet. I also believe that security guards ring the field to protect both teams at the end of all games but this one for sure. Time will tell we shall or not see.

CDAGRIZ said:
Dillon said:
Allezchat said:
Dutch Lane said:
Can anyone verify with sufficient evidence whether the scat throwing incident at the bobcat bench actually happened or it it just now another urban ledgend? Also did cat players piss in the north end zone near the tunnel? Is there any video or pics? And where on Facebook has any of this been posted. Thanks in advance :thumb:

Confirmed. My best friends wife is friends with the player's mom who posted this on Facebook as her son was one of the players on the receiving end. I asked about it last night and it was confirmed to me.
So does anyone know who the culprit is? If someone does know who did this vulgar act then they should be exposed & suffer the consequenses of their actions asap!

Agreed. You don't pee on the field. Seems like Choach should've covered that in spring camp. I'm sure he will handle this internally, however. He usually plays his cards pretty close to his breasts.

Do we even know if the shitt came from the stands. Looked to me like it could have come from the field. After the Grizzlies got the shitt beat out of them the whole second half.

Copper Griz said:
PlayerRep said:
Jason Walker must be an idiot. What he said about Gurnsey is classless too. Just like some of the Cat players. I generally agree with Gurnsey that some of the Cat players were classless. I don't really care, but that doesn't mean they behaved well.

f*** Jason Walker. Jason, you should look in the mirror.

You asked me in a previous thread about following the Cats. Your answer, which I agree with, highlights why I don’t follow the Cats. The rivalry is too bitter for me. I am not one of those people that is half in. I will never root for the Cats and if I do watch them It is to see if they have any weaknesses or I am just damn bored. I can’t help myself rooting against them, even though there are Montana kids on the team and many of my friends are Cats. I just can’t do it. My Cats friends are no different. Mutual despising of their in state rival. I respect them for their hate or all things Griz. It sucks when you lose. It is like a kick in the nads, especially against your rival. Maybe it is just me. No love lost.

Same here. No hard feelings😀

Allezchat said:
Dutch Lane said:
Can anyone verify with sufficient evidence whether the scat throwing incident at the bobcat bench actually happened or it it just now another urban ledgend? Also did cat players piss in the north end zone near the tunnel? Is there any video or pics? And where on Facebook has any of this been posted. Thanks in advance :thumb:

Confirmed. My best friends wife is friends with the player's mom who posted this on Facebook as her son was one of the players on the receiving end. I asked about it last night and it was confirmed to me.

This might be the greatest post ever on egriz.

GriznBigfork said:
I have seen my fair share of Cat Griz games, even played in a few under Davidson and Swarthout. These are young men doing things in the heat of the moment. I have seen players act inappropriately from both teams, and fans,even more so, in the 60+ games I have seen.

Will some be of them regret their actions, probably. I know a couple times in my youth I said a few things that I later regretted to Cat fans.

As a paid professional though really do no like the way Mr Gurnsey handled himself with his comments. I am sure he has friends from his playing days that did inappropriate things after beating the Cats and he has done somethings that others might call classless.

I hope he learns to take a deep breath before saying things to thousands of people,that happens by both teams.

To call an entire team Classless do to the actions of a few is in my opinion bad journalism.

We both know we have players and fans on both sides that take things to far and I hope just they all learn.

Though there will always be new crop of young me riding emotions after a victory that will act inappropriately. It is called growing older.

To the players and Mr Gurnsey all I would say is how do you want to be remembered.

Maybe you should take a closer look. Did it ever occur to you that what some Cats did this year was over the top and way beyond?

I didn't complain about it initially, but I agree with Gurns. In my years of playing college football and going to more games than most people on the board, I have actually never observed what some of the Cats were doing.

Any of you dissing Gurns are total idiots, in my view.

AZGrizFan said:
Allezchat said:
Dutch Lane said:

Allez is clearly best in space.

AZGrizFan said:
Allezchat said:
Dutch Lane said:

It definitely sums up a lot of posts from the last 16 years.

EverettGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
Allezchat said:
Dutch Lane said:

Best friend's wife's friend says his snake game is weak.

EverettGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
Allezchat said:
Dutch Lane said:

Allez is the deep throat of poopgate.

PlayerRep said:
GriznBigfork said:

Maybe you should take a closer look. Did it ever occur to you that what some Cats did this year was over the top and way beyond?

I didn't complain about it initially, but I agree with Gurns. In my years of playing college football and going to more games than most people on the board, I have actually never observed what some of the Cats were doing.

So do you think the Bobcat Football team is classless?

poorgriz said:
PlayerRep said:
GriznBigfork said:

So do you think the Bobcat Football team is classless?

First, note that I was supporting Gurns, and not really addressing the Cat behavior. But since you asked, I saw classless behavior by multiple Cat players after the game. I was taken aback. If I were a coach, I wouldn't tolerate that. I didn't dwell on what the whole Cat team was doing, but couldn't avoid what was occurring in front of me. Gurns is an announcer and a former player. I like Gurns. I support him in the situation. I find the tirade of the Carroll announcer to be totally classless and inappropriate. Do you support the classless Carroll announcer?

As a former player myself I did not like Mr Gurnsey going down to match the level a some of the Cat players.

In his position he should have used a little more professionalism. Could he have called out the players actions sure, but to call the entire team classless was to far.

I am an old man and I realize I came from a different era. I know I would not have been as successful as I was if I did not learn to take a deep breath before responding to actions or words of others.

Mr Player Rep you can call me an idiot for my opinion as you are entitled to free speech, but maybe sometimes you should reread your posts before hitting enter because many times you come off as an idiot.

I have seen players stomp on the cat. I have seen players spit on the cat. I have seen griz players jam a griz flag in the cat. I have seen griz players flip me off. I have seen griz coaches flip me off. I have seen griz players and coaches together chant FTC to our crowd. I have seen griz players walk the divide trophy around our stadium talking trash.

Aside from these things what were cat players doing this weekend that was worse than these things? I’m genuinely asking.

Latest posts

Back