• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

This is one of the most talented Griz teams we've had in a while

garizzalies said:
Of the 22 defenders on the 2deep:

Eureka

Loyola (x2)

Anaconda

P-burg

Helena

Kalispell (x2)

Missoula

Billings

= Almost half of the D is from MT.
Are we really bragging about almost half of our team being from in state? PSU and UNC are considered orphanages to most of us and they can claim 50% in state players. Places like EWU, UCD and CalPoly can claim way better than that. We are the U of Montana and we should expect more than half of our players to be in state kids. IMHO.

Wowza - you guys really did take over as pre season national champs - congratulations!!!

Better hope your starting QB doesn't go down....

poorgriz said:
Wowza - you guys really did take over as pre season national champs - congratulations!!!

You better hope your starting QB doesn't follow last year's precedence and quit!

MikeyGriz said:
poorgriz said:

You better hope your starting QB doesn't follow last year's precedence and quit!

lol... well if he sucks and gets benched after losing to the griz.... then yes he probably will quit.

argh! said:
some of you folks sound like you are writing a pre-nup for this season, i.e. bringing up the old 'if this guy doesn't get injured, if that guy doesn't' etc, etc.., then bringing up players who missed part or all of the jmu game as evidence, of sorts. meh. jmu was a better team. moreover, the ol' injury as cause of losses seems to only be valid for certain coaches. this makes me think you aren't really all that sure of your prognostications. personally, i think the team should be pretty good, and if injuries happen, the players and coaches will figure out how to minimize any harm from them.

on another note, hey greenie, are you still following the the 'china story', so to speak? i enjoyed our conversations on the subject. It gets nuttier and nuttier, with chengdu and it's 21 million residents being locked down today due to a few covid cases. those locked down include my chinese teacher and a handful of friends and family. i kept telling them to stock up on supplies, as it was sure to happen, with xi seemingly wanting to shut down all of the major cities for a period of time in order to show he's the boss, and... he's doing it. lots of other really interesting stuff happening, including, as you know Taiwan.

While injuries happen, and there are always many injuries by late in the season, having all the injured players back now, plus some replacements, has the potential to make the team damn good. Injuries at QB, RB, receiver, and corner are usually huge injuries. If magically, the Griz could have played JMU at full strength, I believe it would have been a much different game.

I am only vaguely following the China covid now. Following Taiwan more. With your ties to Taiwan, was surprised I hadn't see anything from you. Vaguely following the China real estate. Now that I've moved on from my firm, I don't get the business reports of what's happening in China anymore. I'm happy to pay attention to the Politics section.

poorgriz said:
MikeyGriz said:

lol... well if he sucks and gets benched after losing to the griz.... then yes he probably will quit.

Is the quitter QB playing anywhere this season?

I looked for signs of Sulser at Texas a few days ago, and found nothing, except his roster page. The coach said he wasn't doing a two-deep. The media and other two-deeps didn't list Sulser anywhere, whether at receiver or punt/KO returner. I thought he'd be the punter returner.

poorgriz said:
MikeyGriz said:

So you're saying it's inevitable? :lol:

indian-outlaw said:
garizzalies said:

Eureka

Loyola (x2)

Anaconda

P-burg

Helena

Kalispell (x2)

Missoula

Billings

Are we really bragging about almost half of our team being from in state? PSU and UNC are considered orphanages to most of us and they can claim 50% in state players. Places like EWU, UCD and CalPoly can claim way better than that. We are the U of Montana and we should expect more than half of our players to be in state kids. IMHO.
Huh. Say what now? Where is the “bragging” in a post pointing out factual info?

indian-outlaw said:
garizzalies said:

Eureka

Loyola (x2)

Anaconda

P-burg

Helena

Kalispell (x2)

Missoula

Billings

Agree, however, the population bases in those areas are significantly higher than the state of Montana. It is amazing how many Division 1 football players come out of this state.

This Griz team is so good that it has a chance to unseat the perennial pre-season national champion Bobcat team. The Cats are clinging to the top by a Gold Rush.

mthoopsfan said:
This Griz team is so good that it has a chance to unseat the perennial pre-season national champion Bobcat team. The Cats are clinging to the top by a Gold Rush.

I basically already said that, earlier in the thread. Copy cat!

poorgriz said:

Uh, isn’t this true of 99% of the teams out there, including the kitties?

Griz Addict said:
mthoopsfan said:

I basically already said that, earlier in the thread. Copy cat!

You weren't as articulate as I was. And nobody looks at your posts anyway.

garizzalies said:
indian-outlaw said:
Well you were touting the fact that almost half of our team is from Montana. Just pointing out that it's a pretty sad fact that less than half of our team is from Montana.

indian-outlaw said:
garizzalies said:
Well you were touting the fact that almost half of our team is from Montana. Just pointing out that it's a pretty sad fact that less than half of our team is from Montana.

There are more football players IN just Sacramento than in the state of Montana. There’s about 50x the # of players in the state of California than in Montana, so it’s not that great of an accomplishment honestly. Same with Oregon, Washington and Colorado. That fact that half our team is from in-state when the state boasts less than 1 million people is mind boggling.

Latest posts

Back